Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Assets and Equipment OOC

Go down 
+4
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Alaric Reiner
Iskar
Mesor
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mesor
Knight

Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 2:22 am

I tend to avoid reading the background of people I ain't yet met in game, makes it more interesting to try and guess what kind of person they are.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 3:02 am

Hmm, well that's an interesting point, never tought about that :O
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 3:21 am

Worked out well for me with most greedy Adventurer Smile, I figured he'd like the mention of land so added it on and then read his background after I'd made the offer.

Was right on the money as well Smile.

Gotta wait now to see if I can work out the right offer for you once you accept my offer of a meeting, or not.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:05 am

Iskar posted a list of gear and prices in the appropriate thread.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:08 am

Yeah saw it now, and forgot about posting here, you can ignore my earlier question.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:23 am

About the bonuses: It's a valid point that Rebache's bonus is quite low while Belmonfaire's is worth a lot.
I think Yaragar's is balanced. How about increasing Rebache's for-free-chance to 10% and turning Belmonfaire's bonus into a free basic regulars upgrade (=20 x 20 gold = 400 gold) since they'd be the veterans in contrast to the quickly drafted militia?
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 6:28 am

Sounds ok to me I think.
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:24 pm

Those bonuses sound better balanced. Mine is still stronger, but acceptably so given the larger force to equip with a smaller budget.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:45 pm

Does Rebache's bonus count towards the entire purchase or is it applied to each individual item?
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 9:42 pm

Rebaches is a roll, so if we order say 10 horses we then do a roll, if we roll between 1-10 the entire order is free.
If we roll between 11-100 then we pay full price for everything.
So we get a slim chance of getting a free order.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:26 am

Since I have been asked to specify it I added the cost of buying a suit of chainmail to the equipment list.
It comes at 500 gold and would (theoretically) be required to promote militia to proper regulars in addition to long hours of training and/or battle experience.
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:32 am

There are two other weaponry types I might make use of. Specifically, would it cost anything to put spikes on the bottom of board shields so they can be rammed into the ground and stay standing (makeshift walls, anyone?), and what would javelins cost?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:33 am

Spikes for pavise-like use board shield: 10 gold
Javelins: 20 gold
Throwing spears: 40 gold (Regulars only)
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:34 am

Thanks, I may well make use of these.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:45 am

Can board shields be used mounted on this?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:55 am

Nope. Only kite and heater shields on horseback.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:57 am

Ok, do kite shields on this have the straps on the back so you can hold them on your arm and keep your hands free?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 2:59 am

To a certain extent, like having the shield strapped to your arm while controlling the reigns of the horse with the hand and holding the sword/lance in the other.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:00 am

I was thinking more like having it strapped to your arm so you can draw a bow and still keep the shield on your arm so you could turn to face side on to the enemy while you draw your bow to keep the shield facing your enemy and give you some cover between shots.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:05 am

A proper shield would be too heavy for that. There is a reason archers used only bucklers. A bigger shield would be too heavy to carry on your outstretched arm (see law of the lever) and would thus make proper aiming with the bow impossible. A buckler would be fine for an archer, but no big shield.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:08 am

Damn, couldn't I drill my men to increase strength?
I know for a fact that durin medieval times men were capable of doing it for extended periods of time through training to build up physical strength and endurance.

A buckler is useless for the purpose I had in mind it's so small it'd be harder to hit it then to miss it.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:14 am

Increasing strength by training takes longer than the timeframe of this event. They might be able to hold the shield on the outstretched arm but if your arm muscles are already tensed to keep the shield up you cannot aim with a bow anymore.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:17 am

Oh I don't mean to do both at once, I mean they fire an arrow then turn side on to place the next arrow and angle their arm so the shield covers head and upper body, then they turn back to face the enemy to fire the shot as normal afterwards.

They only hold the shield up when they are not firing a shot so they have some cover.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:35 am

Yeah, but if the shield is strapped to their arm, they'd need to hold it up while firing, too:

Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 Archer_zps154e89c5
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:38 am

A standard wooden kite shield is light enough for you to do that as long as you don't try to hold that position for more then 7-8 seconds.

An average bowman could fire several hundred arrows in one battle which requires more effort then using up one quiver and holding a shield.

It'd make you tired sure but it's perfectly possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assets and Equipment OOC   Assets and Equipment OOC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Assets and Equipment OOC
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next