An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
avatar

Posts : 385
Join date : 2012-06-21
Age : 23
Location : Lithuania

PostSubject: IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)   Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:16 am

Day 3 sun is near it's zenith.

As they were walking towards the meeting place, Olaf said to Square "Don't try to do anything stupid or suspicious when we are there, and for all what is holy to you, don't draw your weapon."


OOC: Mesor if you want reply something go ahead, if no let me know and i will continue the post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mesor
Knight


Posts : 251
Join date : 2013-02-22

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)   Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:19 am

Kalam nods without taking his eyes off you then smiles cruelly.

"Just do your job and let us return to Rebache and remember, one twitch and the twang of my bow is the last sound you will ever hear.
My master ordered me to ensure that should you betray us you die for it and I would rather die then fail him.
"



The Knight and his 3 men stop at a distance and take cover in a small set of trees where they can oberserve the sheriff from the shadows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
avatar

Posts : 385
Join date : 2012-06-21
Age : 23
Location : Lithuania

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)   Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:32 am

Soon both man reached the place of meeting, it was a small forest, with 2 big oaks growing nearby in middle of it. Representatives of "Knights of the Lion" were already there. There were 2 of them, one was standing nearby his horse, he wore iron armor with awkwardly painted lion on his chest, other was looking more like a mere bandit holding crossbow, however crossbow wasn't loaded.

"Sir Nickolas" Said Olaf, and kneeled, whispering too squaire who accompanied him "Kneel"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mesor
Knight


Posts : 251
Join date : 2013-02-22

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)   Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:34 am

Kalam quickly kneels himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
avatar

Posts : 4142
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 29
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)   Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:36 am

[For the record: I rolled a 1d100. For 90 and above something would have happened. The roll was 1 (I laughed at that).]

_________________
Lord Constable of the Order of the Silvermist and Admin despite Himself
Character Overview:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
avatar

Posts : 385
Join date : 2012-06-21
Age : 23
Location : Lithuania

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)   Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:38 am

And unceremoniously olaf tries to hit square with an axe while he kneels.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
avatar

Posts : 4142
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 29
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)   Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:55 am

[Basic hit chance: 95% (squire kneels defenselessly and has not taken any precautions) - 10% (Olaf kneels, too, so limited agility) - 10% (axes are not as fast as swords, so there is a chance of Kalam noticing the danger in time) = 75 % (25 or above means hit).]


_________________
Lord Constable of the Order of the Silvermist and Admin despite Himself
Character Overview:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
avatar

Posts : 4142
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 29
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)   Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:00 am

Roll: 26. (The dice are ironic today). Since this was very close Kalam gets a 20/80 roll for being dead (21 and above) or only heavily injured (20 and below): 72

Olaf drew his axe while still kneeling himself. Kalam noticed a blink of steel in the corner of his eye and tried to get up, alarmed, but Olaf was faster. In a half turn, already getting up himself, he sank the axe into Kalam's body. The squire sank back lifelessly, while Olaf ran for the horse.

[The men Jared sent after you got a roll for being detected (see above) but it failed. The Sheriff did not pay special attention to being followed on the roads and following someone in woodland is pretty easy, so now it is up to Mesor what the men do. Note that they are still some distance away (otherwise the detection roll would have had other chances. I took the liberty to remove the rushed post that was above this one.
Seriously, I do appreciate your zeal in roleplaying, but please, do give things a less rushed approach, especially when dealing with circumstances and facts not at the disposal of your character. Smile]

_________________
Lord Constable of the Order of the Silvermist and Admin despite Himself
Character Overview:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mesor
Knight


Posts : 251
Join date : 2013-02-22

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)   Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:09 am

Seeing Olaf draw his weapon the Knight and his group charge at them.

All 3 regulars fire at the bandits horse in an effort to kill it stopping outside of throwing range of the sheriff.

The knight targets Olaf charging down on him with his shield braced to cover his body and his lance couched ready to impale the sheriff.


Last edited by Mesor on Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
avatar

Posts : 385
Join date : 2012-06-21
Age : 23
Location : Lithuania

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)   Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:13 am

Olaf hears trembling behind him, and as he noticed knight lunging forward him he threw his bigger axe away, then threw one of throwing axes at him, before trying to jump out of the way.

OOC: If olaf sees he can't throw his axe before geting hit, he just jumps out of the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
avatar

Posts : 4142
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 29
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)   Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:53 am

[I'll be using he following chances:
Olaf having enough time to throw the axe: 30% (the knight charged when he saw Olaf draw the axe and Olaf had to get up before doing anything)
If yes, to-hit of the axe: 70% (1-50: horse, 51-70: knight)
If horse is hit: damage roll (0 - axe glances off to 100 - headshot)
If knight is hit: 50% chance of hitting the shield
If shield is not hit, i.e. leg, head or arm hit, since the shield covers the torso: 1-45 legs, 46 to 90 arms, 91 to 100 head.
Chance of Olaf evading the horse: Usually it is pretty easy (80%) to jump out of the way of a knight charging straight, but the knight is already close (-10%) and Olaf has just gotten back on his feet (-10%) and had to throw away the big axe first (-10%). Should he have thought he had enough time to throw his smaller axe he will suffer another -10%, since it is all very tight temporally. --> 50% evasion chance, 40% if axe is thrown. (This roll is irrelevant if the horse dies or is injured too much to charge on)
Chance of each archer hitting the horse (it takes two regular hits or a headshot to kill it): 1 to 50: miss, 51 to 90: hit, 91 to 100: headshot (They are close but they are ahorse and have only shortbows so far.)
The actions of the bandits will be decided once this flurry is done.

Any objections to this? If yes, please post them in the OOC thread. If not, please say so, too, so I do not wait ages for a reply that will never come. I won't do the rolls until I have OKs from both of you.]

_________________
Lord Constable of the Order of the Silvermist and Admin despite Himself
Character Overview:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
avatar

Posts : 4142
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 29
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)   Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:00 am

Olaf having enough time to throw the axe: 30% (above 70) Roll: 74 --> Yes
If yes, to-hit of the axe: 70% (1-50: horse, 51-70: knight) Roll: 48 --> horse
If horse is hit: damage roll (0 - axe glances off to 100 - headshot) Roll: 62 --> considerably but not mortally injured
If knight is hit: 50% chance of hitting the shield
If shield is not hit, i.e. leg, head or arm hit, since the shield covers the torso: 1-45 legs, 46 to 90 arms, 91 to 100 head.
Chance of Olaf evading the horse: Usually it is pretty easy (80%) to jump out of the way of a knight charging straight, but the knight is already close (-10%) and Olaf has just gotten back on his feet (-10%) and had to throw away the big axe first (-10%). Should he have thought he had enough time to throw his smaller axe he will suffer another -10%, since it is all very tight temporally. --> 50% evasion chance, 40% if axe is thrown + 30% for injured horse = 70% (above 30)
Roll: 37 --> success
Chance of each archer hitting the horse (it takes two regular hits or a headshot to kill it): 1 to 50: miss, 51 to 90: hit, 91 to 100: headshot Rolls: 63, 65, 66 --> three hits, horse dead.

Olaf quickly judged the time it would take for the knight to reach him, then drew his throwing axe and flung it at the attacker. The francisca whirled through the air and struck the flank of the horse. The leather drapings of the warhorse saved it from a mortal wound but it slowed down, whinnied and almost reared until the combination of rigorous training and adrenaline helped the knight getting the horse back into the charge. However, that little additional time was just what Olaf had needed. With a jump he got himself out of the knight's lance's reach. While the knight charged past the three horse archers had each managed to put an arrow in the bandits' horse.
Having dropped his double axe and thrown his francisca Olaf found himself unarmed but for a dagger while the knight, not wanting to waste his charge, raced on towards the bandits that had drawn their weapons and got ready to fight.

_________________
Lord Constable of the Order of the Silvermist and Admin despite Himself
Character Overview:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mesor
Knight


Posts : 251
Join date : 2013-02-22

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)   Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:04 am

The knight drops his lance and draws his sword and shield then charges the more heavily armored bandit, he aims to slash the bandits arm as he passes then continues far enough past the bandits to turn safely while keep his shield across his body at all time.

All 3 archers dismount where they are and fire at Olaf.

If he comes close they drop bows and draw swords and shields then spread out to come at him from 3 sides.

If Olaf makes it out of the line of fire then they focus fire 2 on the heavy bandit 1 on the lighter.



Last edited by Mesor on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
avatar

Posts : 385
Join date : 2012-06-21
Age : 23
Location : Lithuania

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)   Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:49 pm

While knight was throwing away his lance, light armored bandit loaded crossbow and prepeared his it to shot whenever knight was close. Heavy armored bandit took his time to get spear from fallen horse to try to hit charging knight, he also kept his shield close at all times just so he could try to block with it if knight charged too fast, or regulars turned to shot him.Both heavy and light bandit are targeting the knight not the horse.Also lighter armored bandit, will try to hide behind oak after firing first bolt, and will continue to fire from there.

Meanwhile Olaf using the time when regulars were dismounting, picked up his axe and ran to the one of 2 oaks.Olaf would hide behind the tree from arrows, and watch what would happen next.




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
avatar

Posts : 4142
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 29
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)   Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:59 am

[Here we go again:
Situation:
 
Red dot - Olaf
Pink dots - crossbow bandit (left), heavy bandit (right)
Grey dot - poor dead horsey
Blue dot - knight
Turquoise dots - dismounted horse archers.
Green blobs - two oaks
Green whatever - forest (average density, no thick eastern forest, but no light western wood either)
Brown whatever - rudimentary road

Olaf picking up his axe and the archers dismounting even each other out. Olaf is not swerving, so no penalty for the archers, but he will reach the trees before they can get off a second shot (unless he is crucially hit). A hit in the legs will immediately stop Olaf, a headshot will kill him, as will two torso hits, each single torso hit will slow Olaf down so the archer who shot first will get another shot. Each archer gets the following roll:
1-50: miss, 51-60: arms, 61-70: legs, 71-95: torso, 96-100: head.
The heavy bandit had to run over to the dead horsey while the knight was already charging, so he will get a 20% chance of not getting the spear wriggled from the dead animal in time and if he gets the spear it will be 1-40: knight hits, 41-60 none of them hits, 61-100: bandit hits.
The crossbow was not loaded and takes rather long to be prepared relative to the other actions, so since no one is targeting the light bandit he will simply load his crossbow while hobbling into cover behind one of the oaks. All fine?]

_________________
Lord Constable of the Order of the Silvermist and Admin despite Himself
Character Overview:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
avatar

Posts : 4142
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 29
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)   Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:45 am

[Results:
Archer rolls (1-50: miss, 51-60: arms, 61-70: legs, 71-95: torso, 96-100: head):
71, 68, 6 --> torso, legs, miss
bandit getting the spear (above 20): 10 --> fail
modified knight/bandit fight: bandit has no weapon, only his shield. Knight, uncountered by an attack, gets 70& hit chance (above 30): 7 --> fail]


The heavy bandit vainly tried to wrestle the spear out from under the dead horse [poor dead horsey still makes me sad Sad ] but in the last second managed to get his shield up to protect him from the knight's blow. The blade banged on the shield and sent the bandit to the ground still, where he sat for a moment, slightly dazed. Meanwhile the knight charged past but his horse was no longer able to carry him due to the blood loss. It whinnied in pain and almost threw the knight off, who quickly dismounted and turned to face the bandits again.
The archers fired their loads on Olaf, the first arrow hitting Olaf in the back but not striking lung or heart through the armour. The next arrow, however, found Olaf's left leg and sent him down to the ground, unable to move anymore. The third archer still let loose his arrow, but missed Olaf.

_________________
Lord Constable of the Order of the Silvermist and Admin despite Himself
Character Overview:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
avatar

Posts : 385
Join date : 2012-06-21
Age : 23
Location : Lithuania

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)   Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:57 am

Olaf said to himself "Damn" , what probably would be his last word, and then slowly dragged himself to the tree on his back, facing archers, he dropped his big axe and prepeared to move at any moment to try to evade arrows.

Crossbow wielding bandit was ready to shot at should good opportunity arise.Once heavy bandit got up,he drew his sword and positioned himself so he would see knight, and could block arrows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mesor
Knight


Posts : 251
Join date : 2013-02-22

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)   Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:06 am

The Knight raises his shield but does not advance, he moves around to his left to force the bandits to adjust position to follow him and expose themselves to arrows then says.

"Surrender now, you are out matched and covered by archers, if you resist you will die if you surrender then you may yet survive decide now or die where you stand."

All 3 archers move to Olafs position, archer 1 draws his sword and shield and stabs Olaf in the chest multiple times, archers 2-3 both fire on the bandits aiming to wound rather then kill if they refuses to surrender.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
avatar

Posts : 385
Join date : 2012-06-21
Age : 23
Location : Lithuania

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)   Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:03 am

Olaf spited with some blood already mixed up "You kidding me?! do i look like i have a choice?!"

OOC:Edited to add a bit of flavour to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
avatar

Posts : 4142
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 29
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)   Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:09 am

For a moment the tension was almost palpable, the light bandit pointing his crossbow at the soldiers, the heavy bandit staring at the knight with his back against the tree, but then, slowly the light bandit let his crossbow sink and the heavy one let his sword and shield clatter to the ground. With sullen miens the two men let the soldiers bind their hands and collect their weapons. One of the men got the horses including the wounded one. Olaf who had fallen unconscious by now was heaved onto one of the horses and the party made their way back to the holdfast.

Timeline-Note: Continuing in the Rebache thread.

_________________
Lord Constable of the Order of the Silvermist and Admin despite Himself
Character Overview:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)   

Back to top Go down
 
IC-Scene: Meeting with the "Knights of the Lion" (Day 3)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Katrice Lee's Father demands PM meeting akin to that held with Parents of Madeleine McCann
» IMF Meeting in Tokyo calls for quick effective action to buoy growth
» Pleasure meeting you all
» Chloroform Found in Syringe from Remains Scene!
» Madeleine McCann Crime Scene Photos

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath :: Missions :: Struggle for Kelredan-
Jump to: