An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Nickolas
Squire

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:28 am

As the negotiations continued, the Adventuring Company led by Merclan waltzed into the armory. Nickolas tried to repress memories of his initial encounter with Merclan at Mobray Inn a few days prior, and manages to do by refocusing his efforts on the young lass beside him, whom Nickolas paid little attention beforehand. He realized how beautiful such a girl was, but to think that she came from this beast of a man...

Snapping out of his sightseeing routine, the knight started conjuring up plans that may very well prove to be beneficial for Yaragar. Nickolas knew Yargar could use as much help as possible in the upcoming struggle, and if Thedric could hire these two sellswords it would deny them to the other baronets for the time being. Mercenaries and adventurers follow the gold, or the "clatter of coins" as Yagiz fondly puts it. Should another manage to offer more for their services, Yaragar will lose these potential allies.

The problem, however, is that there was no way, not even in the domain of Erida Occisor, that Yaragar would be able to hire both at once. Yet, perhaps....

The knight briefly left the armory without a word, and came back with a folded piece of parchment. He then gave the parchment to Thedric, and resumed his silent position in the negotiations.

[Nickolas' letter is sent via PM.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaric Reiner
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:46 am

Baras flipped open the letter and scanned it quickly, imprinting what his Knight had to say into his mind before returning his attention to the people in the room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrSane
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:15 am

Merclan grins at Baras when he looks up from his letter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaric Reiner
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:44 am

He got an impassive stare in return.

Profitable for whom? If you have a way for the both of us to come off the richer I am open to listening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrSane
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:10 pm

Merclan takes a seat and places his hands on his stomach, "Well there is gold for the mercenary, and I can see that he is worth it, five crossbowmen? No one else has them around Sarleon, the other lords have those piddley long bows, great for killing the cannon fodder, but for bringing down the knights? No one else but dear Yagiz here can help you there." He admitted, nodding towards the swarthy D'shar. "But to afford him, you could not possibly afford me ..." He states, shifting in his chair to get a better view of the noble. "With gold at least." Merclan looks down and starts scratching dirt from his fingernails, occaisonally slurping to stop slobber from escaping his drooping mouth. "Land though, there will be a lot of that left around after the little barons are gone." He murmers, looking up again he asks: "Have you ever been married my lord?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaric Reiner
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:46 pm

Baras took a drink of wine, looking at the adventurer captain over the rim of the glass the entire time. What he was thinking didn't slip past the mental steel in the flint grey eyes.

No. There has not been much opportunity nor suitable canidates recently. I have heard that one of the landed knights of Kelredan has a daughter of marrying age, but that is about all. Why? I'm certainly not going to marry you if that's what you are suggesting.

Baras meant it as a joke. To be honest it was hard to tell given his deadpanning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrSane
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:59 pm

"We'd make a poor couple, and alas my own star of delight is still alive." He slurps again, shifting in his seat. "Last time I checked at least." Merclan chews his lip for a moment. "Forgive me milord, but by habit I only deal business in private, I just wanted to introduce myself and my dear daughter." He smiles at the mercenary: "And meet a fellow warrior of fortune." With a slight groan, Merclan heaves himself out of the chair and moves forward to shake Baras' hand. "Ill wait outside for you two fine gentlemen to finish negotiations, I do hope you will call on me later."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaric Reiner
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:09 pm

Baras took the mans hand in a firm grip and shook it twice, nodding. Wait outside, we will talk after Yagiz and myself have finished talking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrSane
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:25 pm

Merclan turns around and strolls outside, his pipe is already in his hands, quickly filling with a brown leaf. Yirimir walks up to Baras and curtsies again, although the suit of mail hampers the magesticness with its jingling. Exiting the room, Merclan takes a seat outside the door and lights his pipe, closing his eyes and smoking calmly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamos
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:57 pm

Yagiz merely chuckled to himself as the man left.

"Ah you nobles and your marriages. Does it truly matter who a man sticks or what he announces before he does it? Often a sweet song with bitter notes."

View user profile
Alaric Reiner
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:00 am

Baras smiled grimly.

To some it matters. Consider it like this, people breed horses for desired traits yes? Such traits like swordsmanship or command ability might be expressed in children between the right parents as well. It's worth pursuing for improvements in the next generation. In any case if one just desire some fun there are the types of women in cities that can provide that for a price. Baras shrugged.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamos
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:16 am

Yagiz eyebrow perked up.

"Haha! You think like a Singalian! Yagiz likes this, they are screwed merchants with much in the way of wit. Yagiz also enjoys their strong women..."

He seems to get distant and pensive with a smile before Mara pops him in the back of the head with a scowl. Looking back he shrugs.

"But we were discussing the payment? 1700 and accommodations was your suggest as Yagiz believes?"

View user profile
Alaric Reiner
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:31 am

Baras smirked, He was beginning to like the D'Shar and he had no idea why. The offer was 1500 and accommodations yagiz. If you agree to that we have something else to discuss about it as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamos
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:28 pm

He claps his hands together and rubs them leaning forward in his seat with a grin still brazenly attached to his face.

"Oh come now you haggle like a stone, or perhaps a lizard. Yagiz shall speak to you what. Since your man offered Yagiz gold to come here Yagiz will take it down to consider your mans expenses. 1600 Gold and accommodations with only the finest bed you have for the Rana of Yagiz and her back! She has a lovely back and it's treated Yagiz well, he would be a fool to not take care of it."

Rana wrapped around his shoulders with a mildly pouty face looking up at Baras. Mara? Mara just scowled some more.

View user profile
Alaric Reiner
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:14 pm

Baras weathered her glare like a stone would a gentle breeze.

I think that sounds fair, but if you will humor me, I have another thing to add to this bargaining.

I will pay you 1600 gold, I will not deny that. However, I would ask that you do not receive it all in one lump sum. I will offer half now, and once this situation has blown over and calmed down you will receive the other half of your payment.

Forseeing an argument about him not believing Yagiz trustworthy, he held up his hand. This is not because I do not trust in your honor my good man, but simply a request as it would not put such a strain on my treasury.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamos
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:45 pm

Yagiz chuckled before shrugging of Rana and reclining.

"Yagiz takes this as your treasury has less than his asking. For nobles this means one or one of two. A wastrel or a busy birdie. Wastrels do not call for Yagiz as they lack the wisdom so Yagiz must wonder to what purpose does this birdie fly, or rather, what it hunts?"

Briefly shrugging. "Yagiz prefers to know where to point his sword before he sells it. It is very nice sword after all. Mara loves it."

View user profile
Alaric Reiner
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:55 pm

Yes, well, just to make sure we are on the same page I'm interested in the sword hanging in the sheath at your side. Though I'm sure Mara likes that one as well.

At the moment my sword is not pointed at anyone. Baras's look darkened momentarily. Though I have a feeling that that will change rapidly in the next few days if the other Baronets do not renounce their claims.

If it comes to that our swords will be pointed towards the other Baronets. But I am not one to charge in blindly like a fool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Nickolas
Squire

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:40 am

Nickolas sighs once more, and pulls out a small pouch. He then tosses the pouch toward Yagiz so it lands right in front of him. As it hits the wooden table, a clatter known to fulfill many a sellsword's dream is heard as several gold coins spill out of the bag, a few rolling off the table.

"Stick around, mighty Yagiz, and more gold may come your way."

Nickolas mind then turned to ways so he could increase his own income. After this and when the negotiations were over, Nickolas would be completely devoid of any currency...

[The Pouch contains 40 gold, this is extra on top of the gold promised at the end of negotiations]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamos
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:25 am

Scooping up the gold calmly he plays with the bag in his hand.

"You man is less of a busy birdie Yagiz thinks."

Tucking the pouch away into his clothes he continues.

"So little noble politics about the dead it is as Yagiz had heard. Yagiz believes that this will do, good work for a mercenary."

Standing up he outstretched his hand.

"Half of 1600 now and half later and Yagiz kills for you, little noble."

View user profile
Alaric Reiner
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:02 am

Baras took his hand and shook it.

We'll see if I can keep you from getting bored Yagiz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrSane
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:06 am

A meaningful cough emanates from outside the doorway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaric Reiner
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:40 pm

Baras returned to his spot leaning against the table. Yes, I did not forget about you Sir Merclan. Come in and have a drink, let us talk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrSane
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:35 pm

Merclan enters smiling, nodding to Yagiz as he leaves, leaving Yirimir to wait outside. When the door shuts, he drops his voice to a whisper and begins quite negotiations.

(continued via PM)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrSane
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:15 pm

Their negotiations finished, Merclan leaves the room, and follows Yirimir to the village inn that was their lodging for the night, confident that Baras would agree to his terms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Nickolas
Squire

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:25 am

Before Yagiz departs, Nickolas upholds his end of the bargain and gives him the 50 gold promised at the end of negotiations.

Saying nothing, Nickolas takes his leave after both negotiations were over. He was tired, and now has no gold to his name. However, at least Yaragar managed to hire one company. That, at least, was worth his meager savings. All Nickolas lost was simply 150 gold for a chance for victory in the upcoming struggle, a risk he thought was worth taking.

Nickolas heads to his quarters. He has a lot more work to do in the days ahead...

[Nickolas loses 50 gold.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)   

Back to top Go down

IC-Scene: Yaragar - "Mercenary Negotiations" (Day 4)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next