An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:01 am

" Why not? If he calls them in then it places at least one ranking member of the baronets forces within our grasp, it would be a simple matter for him to vanish during battle or for his men to be killed in the fighting.

If he wishes to place our enemies men before us then I see a chance to weaken them at little or no cost to ourselves.
"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:09 am

Are you mad? Ealdred looked appalled. We are not common poachers or bandits who stab their enemy in the back at the first occasion. We face them in honest battle and so far there haven't even been open hostilities.

The knights had come closer and were standing around Jared and Ealdred now.

The more I think about it, he continued, his "friend" being from Yaragar or Belmonfaire is the only possible reason why he would not tell us who it is. This endeavour is silly. We will ride home, gather Rebache's and Blackwood's levies and deal with the bandits on our own.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:16 am

" Our lord placed me in command, we stay and do our duty, these bandits have caused as much harm to us as any, would you have it said that you were afraid to do your duty? That you had the chance to face those who attacked our people and turned away?

I will not have it I will stay and face our enemy and these men will remain with me as the knight our lord placed in command, if you lack the loyalty to our people to strike down the men who have harmed them then you are welcome to leave.

If we are to fight along side the men of other baronets then that is a price I am happy to pay, it will give me a chance to judge them providing me with information for our lord and further more these bandits are a blight on all of us, the other baronets have as much right to aid in defeating them as we do and once this squabble is done we will all once more be on the same side and if by some chance our lord does not win then having worked with the men of the victor in the past and proven that we are men of honor will be of great worth.

If a chance to weaken them does show itself and it can be taken safely then I will take it otherwise I will fight along side them and do my duty in defending the people of Rebache.
"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:22 am

You are mistaken on one point, Ealdred said, drawing a piece of parchment from his pouch that bore Lord Grey's seal. His lordship placed me in command of this endeavour and I say we go back to Rebache and gather our own men.

However, you make a fair point that we can honourably fight alongside other troops if they are equally honourable. I will tell Sir Iobairt to meet us and our forces tomorrow at the border between Rebache and Kelredan, then we can unite forces and march on the bandit lair. And if I find even a single soldier of another baronetcy cowardly stabbed in the back I will have your head for it. Now go saddle your horses.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:28 am

" That will be somewhat difficult, I know the location as does Sir Iobairt but our lord never asked me for it he simply accepted that I had it and granted me leave to go.

I am not leaving, you are welcome to do so but I will remain here. I did not come this far to ask for his help and then see you make enemy of a man who agreed to help us placing the lives of himself his family and his men at risk.

You may have so little honor that you do not care how badly you make yourself or our lord look with your actions but I do not.
"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:34 am

I am not making an enemy of him. Ealdred snorted. Don't you even listen to what I am saying? He can join forces with us and fight those bandits, I will just ask the baronet to send our own levies, too. The more men to fight the bandits, the lower the casualties. Even you should be able to grasp that. Furthermore Iobairt does not know the location, for you never told him, you just said that you knew where to find the bandits. We'll be leaving now, including you.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:38 am

" Not making him an enemy? We come here and request his help, he agrees and then you begin making demands of him in his own home and when he chooses not to answer you leave and run back to our own forces.

You could not have insulted him any more clearly if you had spat in his face.

I am not leaving, I am going to remain here and try to salvage the damage that you have done, unlike you I know something of this man and I am not going to risk making him an enemy because you do not like being kept in the dark.

Given your reaction now he was right not to tell you who else he has contacted.
Do what you wish I am staying.
"

Seph then turned and marched back into the hall without a word.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:47 am

Before Jared had moved much Ealdred motioned for the knights around them. Seize him, he said and two knights grabbed Jared's arms. And silence him, he added. A third knight drew his sword and moved to whack Jared over the head with the flat side.

[I don't think there is much you can do about it, since the knights had been standing around the two. If you agree, just write something about Jared falling unconscious, if not, someone will have to determine whether you can actually do something and probably roll dice for it.]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:55 am

Seeing the knights attempt to restrain Seph three of the guards on the door approached weapons drawn while a forth headed inside sending more guards out and alerting Sir Iobairt.
As they approach they also note another of the knights drawing his sword.

The guard in the lead stopped short while the 2 flanking him raised shields and held swords ready with the points close enough to stab directly into the backs of 2 knights.

" You will place your weapon back in your sheath knight and then you will release him, you have no authority on this land and if you fail to comply in any way it will be taken as an act of aggression.
If any of you move or attempt to draw a weapon then we will strike.
"

As he spoke 4 more guards having come from inside arrived to reinforce the first 3 all of them standing ready to fight.

As this was happening Sir Iobairt was informed and sending the guard running to sound the alarm headed outside his brothers a step behind.

Last edited by brood on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:56 am

" I will not be leaving now go before you cause even more problems. "

The moment the knights move Seph throws himself forward knocking the knight infront of him to the ground with him then rolls to his feet and turns to face them drawing his sword and shield.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonedyr
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:32 pm

Day 4: Evening
A sizeable force crosses the Belmonfaire-Kelredan border, with the Stackford banner above it.

Troop list:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaric Reiner
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:24 am

OOC: Roll time gentlemen.

Roll to see how close knights are: above 20 = close enough to do as ordered. Roll: 35.

Roll to see if they grab seph. Success is a roll above 15. Roll: 40.

Roll to see extent of mesor getting cracked upside the head: 89.

IC: the knights standing in a circle a few feet away from the two arguing men move quickly at Ealdreds order. The two behind seph seize him in firm grips by the arms, whilst the third strikes seph on the temple harder than he had expected, causing him to slump in their arms like a sack of heavy potatoes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:35 am

Put your weapons away, Sir Ealdred said to the guards in a commanding tone as the knight sheathed his sword again. This is none of your business, only internal affairs of Rebache.

Seeing Iobairt hurrying towards them he said: I am sorry for this inconvenience, Sir Iobairt, but Hounds spoke treason and disobeyed direct orders. As he is a sworn man of Rebache he will be taken back so the baronet can decide what to do with him. The offer for fighting the bandits is not endangered by this. We will await your forces tomorrow at the border between Rebache and Kelredan - including whatever "friends" will accompany you.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:48 am

Amhain sends one guard running for the stables having them locked and motioning for the two guards to prepare to fight.

" He is under my protection and you are on my land, you will release him and leave this land without arguement or you will all be taken as prisoners of war until your lord comes to claim you and please don't think for a second I won't do it, 5 enemy knights and a squire taken? My lord would give me a second estate in reward.

You know as well as I do you will not leave this estate if you fight, I have equal numbers to you now and more men will be here shortly, so make the smart choice, leave Seph here and return to your land.
Your lord can come here to deal with Seph in a neutral location where I can guarantee he has fair treatment.

Is that understood?
"

As he spoke the sound of feet marching in step came to his ears coming closer with every second from the direction of the stables.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:16 pm

Why would a household knight from another baronetcy be under your protection, I ask you. If you insist on this you will get serious problems for this presumption of power. This is an internal affair of Rebache and has no effect on you helping us against the bandits.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:35 pm

" You have heard my terms, you do not draw weapons on my land, leave him and go this can be dealt with by your lord at a later date. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:22 pm

I will require a security to ensure that he will be duly delivered to our lord for judgement, Ealdred replied.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:37 am

" Your lord can come here to deliver his judgement, as I said I want it in a location where I can ensure it is done fairly and I can think of no better location then on my own land where he is not surrounded by your men.

If your lord declines that then that is his choice but if you choose to come then you bring no more then 10 men with you and it will need to be in several days.

We will be leaving shortly once my friend arrives.
"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:20 am

Very well, we shall take his weapons as security. They will be restituted once and if my lord deems Sir Hounds innocent. Now reopen the stables for we will leave immediately.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:29 am

" Those weapons are his personal property and will remain with him, they do not belong to you or to your lord and as such you have no right to take them. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:31 am

He is a sworn man of my lord and under accusation of treason. His goods are forfeit anyway if he is guilty and if we are to leave him here against law and custom we need a security. If he is innocent then it will all be restituted.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:32 am

" You are not taking his weapons, if you want security you can leave a man with him to ensure he does not leave but his weapons remain with him, he has a right to be able to defend himself if attacked. "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:39 am

Why would he have to defend himself? I thought he was under your protection? You are already forcing us to leave an accused traitor out of our lords reach against the laws and customs of Pendor. If you even deny us a security to ensure he will be delivered for trial you will get serious problems with the baron himself. Give him a sword from your armoury if you are so intent on giving him weapons.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:45 am

" He will have his own weapons and I will deal with it with the baron when the time comes.

If he intends to run not having his weapons is not going to stop him in any case, so leave him and his equipment and go.

He will be joining me to deal with the bandits and as such will need his equipment to defend himself.
"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:40 am

As you wish, though you will have to bear the consequences. Open the stables now. We will release Hounds once we are ready to depart.

On Ealdred's orders the group started to move to the stables, dragging Seph with them for the time being.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)   

Back to top Go down

IC-Scene: Surroundings of Kelredan (Continuous)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next