An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Rebellion event plans and discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Do you like this idea in general?
Yes
54%
 54% [ 7 ]
No
15%
 15% [ 2 ]
Not sure
31%
 31% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Alaric Reiner
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Rebellion event plans and discussion   Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:38 am

Iskar wrote:
Oh, well, I had actually assumed that most players would side with the king against the rebellion...

My character cares not what happens one way or the other. The kings and lords haven't really affected him yet. He'd probably just do as he was ordered at this point assuming it didn't conflict with his sense of right and wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ser Varys
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Rebellion event plans and discussion   Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:56 am

I wholeheartedly say yes!

I was kind of leaning toward doing that with Aelfwine, making him insult and slight the Silvermist and Griffons, hoping they'd get annoyed and declare war. He's also trained a force of soldiers and made most of his own knights Stag Knights (That sounds...pretty cool if I say so myself).

@Pravenstern, I agree with Iskars idea about the Dragon knights; I had the same idea as I was scrolling down but Iskar said it first. They could guard him and the King would trust them and Mastifus, maybe with Haegon saying he'll come with the King just in case. With Haegon's son in Rane, he could easily have communicated with rebel dragons through his son, even if Mastifus isn't a rebel. Maybe some of the other knights in the Dragon are.

Plus, Varys will have to wait and see what the Shadow says about the rebellion.. Twisted Evil

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: Rebellion event plans and discussion   Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:56 am

Mastifus himself wouldn't rebel, so it would have to be a hard line faction within the Dragons. Aelfwine is far more likely though.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zatobo.com/
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Rebellion event plans and discussion   Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:13 pm

Mordred wrote:
Aelfwine is far more likely though.

And perhaps easier to justify. Aelfwine and Haegon could've met in the castle, you'd have Stag knights as elite troops and keep the King a hostage in Marleons?
This doesn't weaken the Dragons if you're intent on keeping the Metagame involved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamos
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Rebellion event plans and discussion   Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:14 pm

Aelfwine has already half crippled himself though. The Marleons charter already states loyalty to the King. He breaks that and he'll lose a lot of his more Lawful aligned allies. Not to mention they're all spread out so far they'd be easy to pick off.
The Raventstern scenario seems more plausible in the ability to resist in a centralized manner and a cultural identity to bring them together. On the downside with the Dragons that's also a faction that fervently fought, bled and died for Pendor against one rebellion as it is.

I'm not to tripping for the rebellion scenario anyways.

View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Rebellion event plans and discussion   Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:31 pm

What about Nal Tar?

I don't see why the Dragons always have to be the center of a revolt, are other lords too scared? Nal Tar is far from Sarleon, is independent and the whole affair could convince the Vanskerry to join them instead of attacking their spice ships.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: Rebellion event plans and discussion   Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:27 am

Or Singal, the Shadow making his move for the Throne.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Rebellion event plans and discussion   Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:37 am

Hmm, that would not fit with the Shadow's background and story. However, we could make the planned event related to the Shadow public, by the Eventide calling in knights of all orders to solve his mystery or something the like.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: Rebellion event plans and discussion   Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:49 am

I would go with something to do with the Shadow rather than a rebellion. Just what the Shadow is after however is another question.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Rebellion event plans and discussion   Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:05 am

First the Shadow... then a rebellion? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Rebellion event plans and discussion   Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:25 am

A treasure hunt?

Knight

PostSubject: Re: Rebellion event plans and discussion   Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:54 pm

Anyway,

I'm massing up on Griffon NPCs in our chapterhouse that could rebel with Haegon.. just let me know if this is still possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Thash Kor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Rebellion event plans and discussion   Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:58 pm

I think that if anyone Singal or Griffon were to lead a rebellion, others looking to rebel would follow suit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rebellion event plans and discussion   

Back to top Go down

Rebellion event plans and discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2