An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Tebbe
Page

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:51 pm

Tebbe followed in and approached the flipped table, he leaned down as he examined it.

"You said that you were teaching Haruch how to fight correct? what kind of weapon did you teach him to use?"

OOC:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:48 pm

Timbo suddenly remembered that he ought to be doing something. So he dropped uncomfortably onto his knees and checked under the bed and around the overturned table for anything, sweat beginning to pour down his neck. He tried to position himself so that his body would obscure the view others had on these areas.

Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:18 am

Alerio, bemused by the sight of his fellows, turned to Rocorad instead. "Whoever took him wouldn't have dared to drag him back up the same set of stairs we just came down with. So I assume there's more than one way out of here, and a way into the sewers. Is that correct?"

He didn't seem to care much about searching the room itself for evidence. servant work that is
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:02 am

No, Sir, Rocorad replied to Timbo's question. On Sir Varys's orders everything was left as it was found for the investigation.

When Tebbe asked his question he turned to him: A short sword seemed fitting, Haruch being quite wispy. A light weapon with short reach is also the most useful in such an environment as the sewers, where he often had to go as a guide for us.

Looking around the room the knights noticed that both the sheet and the blanket from the bed were missing. Also there were barely any other objects in the room. Only some used plates and cutlery with bits of food left on them at the end of the bed, and before they could stop him Rodnep had licked all the food off it, nearly swallowing the cutlery as well.

I would think so, Rocorad finally said, when Alerio made his remark. There is a number of drains and sinks in this wing, some leading down from the kitchen, others being drains in the wine cellars and such - and there is the servants' latrine of course. As far as I know there is a multitude of tunnels down there, however, and finding their trail should be difficult without knowing the entrance they took.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:34 am

Sir Erebus looked over at Rodnep eating some scraps, chuckling at the the thought of his non-professionalism as a trained beast.

"We should question the servants in this hall, see if they have seen anything. We should also inspect the disturbance of the drains, passageways that are meant for alternate routes. This will hopefully give us an indication if it has been used recently."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:36 am

Timbo stood up from the floor. He'd been listening. "I suppose we should search these entrances, then, shouldn't we?"

"But I'm not going, at least right now," he continued somewhat self-importantly. "I still need to apply my detective's eye in here."

Listening to Erebus, he replied: "That is a very good idea, Ser Erebus. May I suggest that you oversee the questioning personally? The presence of a knight of your stature ought to loosen their tongues a little."

Sir Tebbe
Page

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:12 am

Tebbe narrowed his eyes and made a frown at the mention of sewers, his earlier enthusiasm had made him forget that this mission would very likely have them thread sewers.

"We are really going to have to go through sewers, aren't we?"

He got up from next to the table and approached the bed.

"Rocorad, did Haruch sleep without a blanket and sheet?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:21 pm

No, I think he had both, Sir, the squire replied.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:27 pm

Suddenly, Alerio gasped.

"Wait a minute!" he said theatrical and performed a large swooshing motion with his arms to claim everyone's attention. "I know what happened! Haruch donned the blanket and sheet and has thus transformed into a spook!"

Then he frowned and checked the contents of his purse. "Yeap case closed. Time for a drink in the Bankrupt Trader."

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:27 pm

"Perhaps Haruch was knocked unconscious and then carried away, wrapped into those blankets." Timbo offered. He glanced at Alerio, smiling slightly. "It seems that we have a volunteer! Good, good."

MitchyMatt
Royal Herald

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:57 am

Putting some of the observations conducted by the other knights, Sir Erebus thought for a moment.

"Well if that's the case, they must have had a very strong and large assailant who he couldn't defeat. Another possibility is that there were multiple assailants, which could carry him out wrapped in the blanket. Ever carry a dead or knocked out body? It's all dead weight and not easy."

Sir Erebus finished his suggestion and turned his attention to Alerio, the knight who thinks the situation as a joke.

"Sir Alerio, is something about this situation humerous to you? We are trying to locate a fellow Order member and yet you jest, when his life is carried in the balance? I took you for a knight, not the Order's fool."

He wrapped Rodnep's leash a bit tighter around the gauntlets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:35 am

before Erebus had finished calling him a fool, Alerio already had the blood-stained dirk in his hand ready for a quick fatal stab. "Watch out whom you're calling a fool, beasthumper." he shot at his fellow knight.

"You might be fine investigating with that worthless dog that just ate some of your evidence, but at least I know where you can find those willing to kidnap someone right under the noses of a knighthood order." Alerio spat against the wall and put the dirk back under his belt. "Why they ask brutes like you" he now nodded into Sir Tebbe's general direction as if to say that he was a brute as well "to do jobs that involve delicate work is beyond me. Parades around with a damned dog and wearing armor like that, sure as hell isn't encouraging anyone to wet their beaks."

The disdain Sir Alerio had for the other knights was now out in the open and without further ado he turned around and headed back up the stairs. He'd meet up with Haruch's former employer and at least now he knew they wouldn't join him.

[[leaves chapterhouse for district 13; no additional equipment besides what's mentioned in IC;materials]]

Last edited by Sir Haegon on Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Tebbe
Page

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:30 pm

Tebbe sighed after seeing Sir Alerio's heated departure. He looked at the remaining two knights and opened his mouth slowly.

"He's not entirely wrong... i can swing a sword pretty well but i'm not too sure about this kind of work, not exactly what they ask for when you join the Eventide..."

He turned to look at the rest of the room and turned to Timbo and Erebus again.

"There doesn't seem to be all that much left to see here, I'l go look at the sewer entrances, do either of you want to join me?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:04 am

Timbo shook his head firmly. "I'm afraid not, Ser Tebbe. I wish to inspect this scene with more care. Perhaps these trained eyes of mine can see something of use. I will take it upon myself to compile a report of the crime scene, whatever else happens."

MitchyMatt
Royal Herald

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:44 am

Sir Erebus has seen more threats and terror from battlefield horrors than the fool that calls himself a knight.

He relinquished the leash of Rodnep to be more lose after Sir Alerio left the scene.

"Good point Sir Timbo. We can count on your keen skills to investigate the room thoroughly. I shall go with Sir Tebbe and check the entrances. We shall also investigate any staff we encounter to the fullest of our abilities. Let us be hasty in our duties if we are to succeed."

Sir Erebus nods to Sir Timbo and pulls Rodnep with him, leaving the room and Sir Timbo behind him.

(Wearing full black plate w/ house banner tabard, longsword for in-close encounters, no helmet currently, Rodnep w/ leash, few vials of liquid people assume are some sort of potions)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Tebbe
Page

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:44 am

Sir Tebbe nodded enthusiastically at the sight of the investigation moving along again. He followed behind Sir Erebus as he exited the room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:59 pm

In the room Sir Timbo continued his investigation.

Meanwhile Sir Alerio made his way to the Bankrupt Trader tavern in district 13. The weather was clear and despite the early hour a warm steppe wind was already sweeping through the streets of Singal. It would become a hot and dusty day. On his way he passed a number of market stalls where the merchants were pulling up cloth screens to shield their wares from the sand carried in by the breeze. The streets were already teeming with Singal's characteristic mix of mercenaries, traders, slavers, apothecaries and downtrodden rabble, all of whom wanted to get their more or less honest daily work done before the heat would descend on the city like an invisible burden on everyone's shoulders.
As he went northward a few groups of red guildsmen passed by him, obviously patrolling, but paid him no attention or did not recognise him as an order member.

Rocorad accompanied Sirs Tebbe and Erebus around the cellars, showing them all the different drains and sinks. There were two cellars full of wine and beer casks, each of the two rooms having an iron grid covered drain in the middle. Both rooms seemed to be in regular use by the staff as there was no moss on the floor or grid and no other signs of disuse. Then there was another grid in the wall at the end of the cellar corridor, allowing access to the shaft leading from the kitchen sink above to the sewers. Finally there was another drain located centrally in the kitchen that led to the same shaft and the servants' latrine. The latter being accessible only via separate stairs on the other side of the kitchen.

In the kitchen there was the usual staff present: The cook, the two storekeepers and some maids and footboys.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:21 am

Ser Timbo inspected the overturned table until he no longer heard the receding footsteps of his fellow knights. Then he went down on his knees and laboriously fished out something from under the bed. Then he found a serving man. "Please find me my squire, Farlin." Timbo began to write a list into his notebook. When he was finished, he stripped the page off.

When Farlin arrived, Timbo handed him the list. "Take it to my room, please. Oh, and while you're there, take my weapons and with you. Oh, and of course, some of that white powder. Yes, the white, not the black, this one's got a dark pommel." Just before the squire left, Timbo cleared his throat. "I forgot, one more thing. Get the powder that spreads very evenly.

Then he began to scribble down into his notebook.

Ser Timbo's Notebook wrote:
I have found a shortsword of note. I believe it belongs - or belonged, gods forbid - to Haruch. I shall check it for fingerprints right now. I shall mark down the fingerprints, if there are any, and try to find a match for them. They may, of course, be only Haruch's own fingerprints. But I am alert to this risk. This is why I have decided to also investigate for footprints - footprints that are not ours, of course. I shall mark them down, too, and ask my contacts in the shoemaking business if they know anything about them.

Sir Tebbe
Page

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:02 pm

Tebbe looked at the idling food. After missing breakfast he simply couldn't help himself, so he grabbed a piece of bread. He gave his greetings to the staff and complimented the cook on the smell of his food for the second time today.

Tebbe then motioned for one of the footboys.
"Go tell my squire; Barat, to fetch me a breast plate from the armory, also a rope and a lantern..."

He stopped for a moment and gave a look to sir Erebus before looking back with a grin.
"...actually, two lanterns, i'l give you a copper denar if you make it quick."

Tebbe then turned back to the rest of the kitchen staff.
"I'm guessing you all have an idea why we're here? If not, here it is; Haruch, the man who slept in the cellar's storage room went missing. We have come to investigate this disappearance."

He looked at the staff for a moment before continuing.
"So, is there anything you remember hearing or seeing in the past week that you think would be relevant to this disappearance?"

Last edited by Sir Tebbe on Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:34 am

Sir Erebus let the young knight talk, as he was showing great initiative to taking some control of this investigation.

He wanted to play the quiet-knight type, slowly circling the questioned group, maybe some fear will coerce them to speak of things they may be hiding.

After Sir Tebbe finished his dialogue, Sir Erebus patrolled around the rounded up staff workers, letting Rodnep sniff them. Not a word was spoken, just a silent formidable knight slowly walking his dog.

The staff look intimidated, he thought. Let's see if his fellow knight can persuade them to relinquish any useful information they have, if any.

(Iskar can determine if he finds anything, obviously lol)

(Edit: fixed)3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:40 am

In the kitchen the staff eyed the large dog uneasily. On Tebbe's question most of them shook their heads. Even a serving man speeding past, coming from the cellar, did not know anything.
Nothing out of the usual, Sir, the cook responded, somewhat naturally taking the role of a spokesman for the staff. Some nights ago there were brawls between the footboys and the stablelads - he gave the two lads present a reprehensive look - but that is nothing uncommon either... unfortunately.

After some time Squire Farlin went past and the boy Tebbe had sent off soon returned with Barat in tow, carrying the equipment requested. They both waited at the door for Tebbe to finish his questioning, but had to clear the way as Farlin came hurrying out of the cellar again just some moments later.

[OOC: Timbo's actions take some more time. He will get an update with Tebbe's/Erebus's next action to keep it synchronous.]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Tebbe
Page

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:22 pm

Tebbe looked to be deep in thought for a few seconds only to let out a deep sigh. He then looked at Sir Erebus.

"This is really turning out to be a wild-goose chase."

He hailed his squire Barat to put the equipment on a nearby table and started putting on the breastplate over his white shirt, Tebbe glanced in the direction of the multiple sewer entrances in the kitchen.

"It seems as though we'll have to thread the sewers to get any lead, what do you think Sir Erebus?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:38 am

After the servants stated their plea, Sir Erebus couldn't help but believe they were telling the truth.

He strayed to the side with Rodnep, hopefully symbolically letting the staff know that the "interrogation" was over.

Sir Erebus looked to the door to see men that Sir Tebbe must be associated with.

"Aye Sir Tebbe. This has gotten us no where and we have no lead. I exercise caution for traveling into the below, there are pestilence and things we may not be okay with finding. However, there may be clues and we have not many more avenues to cover."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Tebbe
Page

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:25 am

Tebbe nodded as he finished strapping his chest plate. He put the rope bundle over his shoulder, grabbed both lanterns and offered one to Sir Erebus before making way to the sewer entrances.

He caught himself mid stride as he remembered something. He jostled his hand in his pocket, beaming a smile when he found what he was looking for. Then turning to the footboy from before, he tossed the kid a coin and gave a wink as the boy noticed it's silver shine.

He then continued his walk to size up each of the entrances. He looked to see how big they were, or how obstructed they seemed to be. It was done in hopes of finding the more reasonable entrance someone climbing up would take. Finding the cleanest way down wouldn't hurt either, he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:14 am

The boy gave a bright smile, then sped off to his other duties, or perhaps just to boast about his new treasure in front of the stable lads.

As they commenced their examination of the different shafts Farlin came back, carrying a large package, and vanished into the cellar.

The main sink in the kitchen turned out to be too small for even a frail person to fit through. However, the second access to its drain, down in the cellar, was bigger and well accessible at the end of the corridor. The two drains in the floors of storage rooms at the other end of the corridor were of similar size.

The latrine finally, located on the other side of the kitchen, featured the biggest opening, as the seat was removable for cleaning, but it was by far also the least pleasant entrance, to be sure.

In the cellar they encountered Sir Timbo, tampering with some powders. He had basically managed to cover most of Haruch's room in a whiteish dust and was investigating foot prints on the floor made visible by this.

However, a multitude of people had left their prints there, most of them apparently knights with heavy boots that had not cared too much to preserve the scene of the abduction. Apart from that some marks of lighter, smaller shoes could be found, but as we're in the middle ages they did not have any recognisable profile., but nothing showing easily recognisable features. Simple shoes like these were worn by most of Singal's less than fortunate populace.
Near the door the multitude of footprints was so dense that nothing at all was discernible.

As Timbo got back on his feet and examined the sword handle he found barely anything. The leather covering the handle was rather rough and not smooth enough to show any finger prints.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse   

Back to top Go down

IC-Scene: The Chapterhouse
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next