Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal

Go down 
+7
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
MitchyMatt
Sir Haegon
Sir Tebbe
Iskar
mniezo
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal Empty
PostSubject: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 4:12 am

Feel free to use this thread for all kinds of idle chatter and the like. Smile
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 8:15 am

Hullo my fellows.
Back to top Go down
Sir Tebbe
Page
Sir Tebbe

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 1:37 pm

Hello! just curious, are we all important enough to be allotted personal quarters or do some of us sleep in bunks?
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 5:05 pm

Well my character is a doctor, so he does have a room for himself, nothing special though.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 5:46 pm

You can decide that for yourself. I thought about it as your characters being proven and leading knights (justifying them being given the mission), but if you want to play your character being a bit more lowly, feel free to do so.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 4:14 am

lowly....LOWLY?

I shall be prince-in-the-making, heir-of-Pendor and all around Barclayan arrogance in personal lodgings that equal my vanity of being born the in the biggest and best society in the known world.

You will rue the day you let Sir Alerio become corrupted.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 4:25 am

Haha, I'm already looking forward to the epicness to come Wink
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 7:30 am

Before I post before my turn again..and again...and again...are we keeping to a fixed order of posting?

I'll let the others introduce themselves and/or Iskar reply before writing my heart out in smalltalk. Sorry Marcus Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mniezo
Peasant

PostSubject: hello, guys   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 7:56 am

i am trying to follow you but i really don't understand how this game is interactive. I mean, not in a bad way, you folks seem amazing writers and i like to read, but how do you actually play it? i know there is a version of an older game like this here in the forums (right?) but in order to understand another game tens of forum pages long do i have to read everything? i just want the rules by which you guys play. and perhaps to know how you play it, such that next time you could perhaps add sir Clyde, the infamously bad jester of Eventide to the rpg Smile cheers everyone.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 9:06 am

The rules are quite simple: You control your character and his possessions, the rest, surroundings, NPC and other circumstances are given by me. As the gamemaster I kick off the quest and then determine the outcome of any of your actions as well as playing the various other factions of Singal and the representing NPCs.

Usually I describe scenes, NPCs and surroundings as detailed as possible, then your character can do anything he likes that is within reason and logics. Basically sticking to these roleplay guidelines does the trick.

The other stuff on this forum serves as the setting to the current story but is not strictly necessary for it. If the roleplay should spill out of Singal into other parts of Pendor I would extract all relevant information for you.

Only the previous Eventide roleplay (cf. "Eventide Endeavours") is of any particular importance to the current story, but most of the relevant stuff will be made available in character via written reports, so you do not have to read it all up yourself, (unless you want to, since it is really amazing).
Back to top Go down
Sir Tebbe
Page
Sir Tebbe

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 9:19 am

I think the others would be able to provide a better answer than me as i participated in the Kingdom Divided RP and not in Aftermath, but i believe the concept is the same from what i have read in the sticky threads on RP'ing. Basically, you make a believable character and act him out accordingly.

You are open to act out actions but are not always entitled to choose their consequence, specially if other players are involved. It's all about being reasonable, you can say that your character grabs a spoon and gets the spoon or other sorts of simple things, but you can't say that you make an attack on sir Tebbe and your sword decapitates him or something else that would have larger consequences.

Since we aren't role playing real time like we would in a table top RPG, it's usually better form to attempt actions, however small they are, and not have their result in the same post to give others (including the GM) time to react. However, role playing so prudishly all the time can make things long for nothing, so as I've said earlier, its all about using our better judgement. For example, If there is a spoon on a table next to Sir Alerio and i want to make a grab at it, it's reasonable to assume that you get it if you have a good relationship with each other. However, if he hates you, it's better to only describe your attempt, as he might slap your hand away out of spite or something along the lines.

Aside from that, we obviously value good role playing, no gary/mary suing, being true to your weaknesses, that kind of stuff.

I'm kind of making this long, but i think this a good base on how the game works, I'l let the others fill in what i might have forgotten.

EDIT: Iskar beat me to it.
Back to top Go down
mniezo
Peasant

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 9:49 am

thanks, this was really helpful and i get it now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 10:28 am

Sir Tebbe wrote:
If there is a spoon on a table next to Sir Alerio, he might slap your hand away out of spite or something along the lines.

I feel unliked. Can I get compensated?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald
MitchyMatt

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 12:04 pm

NO (slaps your hand)
Back to top Go down
Sir Tebbe
Page
Sir Tebbe

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 12:17 pm

Haha, i suspect that's how Alerio's bar fights start.

*Also Iskar, did you have something to add before we left? if so we can retcon Tebbe getting out of the door if you want.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 6:17 pm

We really have a sorry group of people here... XD the Knight Commander is right to feel a sense of dread creeping up from his stomach
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 12:50 am

Updated the IC-Materials with basic information about Singal and its most influential figures for possible future reference.

You can see districts 1 and 13, Rocorad has been talking about.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 1:33 am

Added something to my last post - Had forgotten to answer Alerio's question, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 10:57 pm

Sir Haegon wrote:
I figured a Gambling establishment would be good to learn some rumors and meet Haruch's former employer (If Gharezi taking up residence in the Moon and Lion, I'd much rather go there (If Alerio's days spend in taverns would give him the necessary basic info). Took the names from the ' Varys' actions' thread.

I guess you can consider your characters having read Varys's reports at some point of time. If you don't want to seek out the archives in character, should I just put the reports in the IC-Materials?
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 11:46 pm

I'm in doubt.

On one hand;
I guess Knight-Librarian Sir Garosh should be the one we go to for old reports and we shouldn't assume to know everything that happened in the old threads.

On the other;
As a knight that's supposed to have been around since before the Eventide set sail to Pendor and Gharezi being such an influential character I suppose his name would be common knowledge for most. Perhaps we can assume large events as common knowledge through tall tales and gossip; Ser Varys went down in the sewers with a handful of brotherhood thugs and defeated an army of slavers. Make us think that, as opposed to his actual description, Gharezi is a menacing brute of great strength and few words.

On both hands;
Knight-Librarian Sir Garosh for details and IC-materials for broad gossipy outlines.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 11:48 pm

That sounds quite reasonable. Go with it, I say.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 4:55 am

Moved the biography to the IC-Materials. It depends on how well your characters know each other how much they know of each others biography and strengths/weaknesses, though certain things might be obvious (e.g. someone being very strong is usually clearly discernible by his stature).
Back to top Go down
Sir Tebbe
Page
Sir Tebbe

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 6:56 pm

Hmm, I should get my background done too. I also really have to up my game, considering how you guys have me completely beat on how fleshed out your characters are.

Also, quick historical question, did the Eventide split with the Dawn before or after they sailed to Pendor?
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 8:25 pm

Sir Tebbe wrote:
Also, quick historical question, did the Eventide split with the Dawn before or after they sailed to Pendor?

befur. (pruf)

https://popaftermath.forumotion.com/t172-a-few-true-rumours-about-the-dawn-and-the-eventide  <- Incorporate!

Edit: Fun fact: I once made a character named Godfroi, old fella cheated to invulnerability and grandmaster of the Eventide. Burning villages and capturing noldor maiden rangers somehow never felt better.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 12:18 am

In case you're wondering, I'm waiting for Sir Erebus to decide what to do. Currently he is just standing there with his dog after Alerio stormed out of the room.

Also, for general purposes, when your characters leave the chapter house in any way, please include in your post sufficient detail about their equipment: Clothing ranging from a beggar's disguise to full plate armour, weapons from a ballista mounted on a cart to a thin dirk, any kind of probably helpful but cumbersome stuff like ropes, additional clothes, weapons, ammunition, provisions, tools, all things alchemical, etc. (What kind of stuff you can obtain for your character should be within reason and his background of course.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next