Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal

Go down 
+7
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
MitchyMatt
Sir Haegon
Sir Tebbe
Iskar
mniezo
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 5:14 am

Azlanek wrote:
Saeros wrote:

By the way, do any of you know the status of the memento thing we got circling the world?

Sadly, I haven't the slightest clue.
I recall mailing it forward to tobberman, but after that I haven't got a clue.

And damn, it has been while...
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 2:42 pm

*Sigh* well it was kind of expected. I thought it was only going to get lost in South Asia but is seems it didn't even leave Europe.

I was going to suggest we posted a pic of our chars and made a digital version of it, but apparently half the people have stopped checking the forum.

Well then, it was great playing with you guys. I still regard this as the best gaming community I've ever participated in. I wish you luck on your things.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 11:46 pm

Yeah, it probably can't be helped. But Aftermath certainly will always be something I will remember fondly.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 4:06 am

I'm so sorry guys for failing to post Shocked

The Italian Wars mod.. can this lazy bugger get a link to it?
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 7:48 am

Hopefully that should be me back now. Wedding season is just about over so work is dying down again. Sorry it took so long!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-italian-wars

One of the more promising mods in the work Smile
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 11:08 pm

Sir Celdiur Moriendor wrote:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-italian-wars

Wow that looks bloody amazing! Too bad it also looks like my laptop would blow up during the first battle.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 10:39 pm

Hah, my old computer usually handles it, though I sometimes get crashes when trying to fight 10000 Papals with my 8000 Venetians...

There's also more extensive documentation, previews, tactics, and such on the TWC thread.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 8:09 am

Today I downloaded the M&B l'Aigle mod and am thoroughly impressed with it (although it does not yet have Spain) and I spend my time as a Spanish Don doing illegal boxing matches in Paris. Only thing I miss and therefore would make my life complete would be the incorporation of the freelancer mod. :p

Now trying Europe 1200, which apparently has Freelancer, (friendly) duels and a real estate option.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 8:39 am

I tried l'Aigle some time ago, but compared to mods like Brytenwalda, Nova Aetas and let alone Pendor it seemed rather empty and the battles are quite artlessly done so far, with sometimes rather clumsy weapon handling.

The graphics and such are great, admittedly, but in case of doubt I'd rather have a good game with bad graphics than a bad game with good graphics.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 12:01 pm

Y'know I tried Brytenwalda once (probably after I started watching Vikings) and for some reason I couldn't take to it even though I really wanted to like it. I mean it's just so well made and it's like a completely new game, but still I couldn't bring myself to like it. The only reason I can think of is the confusing unit names. Half the time I couldn't tell if what I was recruiting was an archer, an infantry or whatever.

What do you guys think of Persino btw? It looks promising to me. But I can't help but recognise something all too...familiar, about it Smile You reckon it could be the spiritual successor to PoP?
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 6:20 pm

Iskar wrote:
I tried l'Aigle some time ago, but compared to mods like Brytenwalda, Nova Aetas and let alone Pendor it seemed rather empty and the battles are quite artlessly done so far, with sometimes rather clumsy weapon handling.

I don't know about the artless battles and clumsy weapon handling. The unarmed combat (the boxing) is quite brilliant. The only thing I dislike is that I have an Italian private commanding 30+ light cavalry, which is why I would use the Freelancer mod until the rank of captain.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 09, 2015 7:12 pm

Sir Celdiur Moriendor wrote:
Y'know I tried Brytenwalda once (probably after I started watching Vikings) and for some reason I couldn't take to it even though I really wanted to like it. I mean it's just so well made and it's like a completely new game, but still I couldn't bring myself to like it. The only reason I can think of is the confusing unit names. Half the time I couldn't tell if what I was recruiting was an archer, an infantry or whatever.

What do you guys think of Persino btw? It looks promising to me. But I can't help but recognise something all too...familiar, about it Smile You reckon it could be the spiritual successor to PoP?
The Welsh stuff was truly confusing. I simply had to learn those by heart, but the Anglo-Saxon unit names are quite telling if you say them out loud for yourself. In fact those unit names added the last bit of immersion for me and made the mod all the more special.

As for Perisno, to me it looks too much like a "Hey, let's make our own Pendor"-project, so I cannot fully enjoy it.

Sir Haegon wrote:
The only thing I dislike is that I have an Italian private commanding 30+ light cavalry, which is why I would use the Freelancer mod until the rank of captain.
Aye, that put me off a bit, too. In particular as soldiers upgrade rather quickly and then run around with ten times better equipment than youself.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 6:45 am

To join this RP where do I post my character?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 7:31 am

Just post it here, so I can devise a proper entry for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 7:10 am

I must admit, to return to the M&B mod discussion, that I'm getting bored with L'Aigle and turned to Brytenwalda. Not the biggest fan, though, as I wanted to enlist in the army of a pagan King and the bugger was in prison for months without me being able to break him out (as the door to the prison building didn't work). My laptop can only run it all on the lowest settings, so I'm running both on absolute lowest settings. (can't run Viking Conquest dlc)

Now back to business: Aranor become a heretic Smile

Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 4:13 am

Sir Haegon wrote:
Now back to business: Aranor become a heretic Smile

Wait a minute, does that mean I have to become good now? Yikes!
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 8:38 pm

Anyone interested in just finishing this RP with some PvP?

Heretics versus Good Guys, all out.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 21, 2016 9:28 am

Let's do it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Tebbe
Page
Sir Tebbe

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 10:09 am

Figured i'd check the forum after the bannerlord tease. I'd be down to end it all in blood.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal   OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC-Conversation: Gossip of Singal
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4