An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

IC-Scene: District 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: IC-Scene: District 13   Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:46 am

Iskar wrote:
Meanwhile Sir Alerio made his way to the Bankrupt Trader tavern in district 13. The weather was clear and despite the early hour a warm steppe wind was already sweeping through the streets of Singal. It would become a hot and dusty day. On his way he passed a number of market stalls where the merchants were pulling up cloth screens to shield their wares from the sand carried in by the breeze. The streets were already teeming with Singal's characteristic mix of mercenaries, traders, slavers, apothecaries and downtrodden rabble, all of whom wanted to get their more or less honest daily work done before the heat would descend on the city like an invisible burden on everyone's shoulders.
As he went northward a few groups of red guildsmen passed by him, obviously patrolling, but paid him no attention or did not recognise him as an order member.

Although his walk through the slums of district 10 had been without incident, the relentless heat was now joining the beginning hangover in ruining what could have been a clear presence of mind. He was sweating provusely by the time he neared the tavern, causing the sand carried by the steppe wind stuck to his neck and forehead. If he didn't look like a resident of the local slums before, he sure did now.

Inside the Bankrupt Trader it was much cooler than outside and reeked of cheap wine from Janos, certainly not Alerio's favorite, but it'd do while he tried to find the Red Brotherhood kingpin of the region; the infamous Gharezi.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:48 am

The tavern was rather quiet in this early hour. The plainly furnished taproom hosted some less fortunate inhabitants of Singal spooning up some watery stew for breakfast and the innkeep used the time to clean the counter - although this was probably not such a smart move, as the thick patina of dirt seemed to be the only thing holding the ramshackle contraption together.
Alerio's appearance was by now so assimilated to the area that his entrance did not cause more than a tired head habitually turned at the opening of the door. Letting his gaze wander he noticed that none of the customers looked particularly like a red brotherhood leader.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:46 am

Alerio made his way to the tavernkeep behind the bar and sat down on a stool. "Bottle of your best tawny and I need this district's representative of the Guild."

He emphasized on the last word enough to ensure the tavernkeep wouldn't confuse the Red Brotherhood with the silk merchant guild and after a moment of intense staring he dropped his purse on the bar. "Ofcourse you'll be compensated for the trouble." he smiled faintly and pulled the vest of his tunic back a little to expose the Eventide crest. Normally he wouldn't have shown someone the crest that quickly, as he preferred being incognito in a city like Singal, but as this district was under the Order's control and the hangover was killing him, he figured it would expedite things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:19 am

The tavern keeper did not seem to be one for bandying words. He listened to Alerio, noticed the crest on his tunic and nodded. He quickly exchanged a glance with a wiry man in rags, sitting at a nearby table, then looked back to Alerio and nodded his head towards a door behind the counter, while the other man scurried off.

That way, he simply said.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:03 pm

Alerio frowned, however secretive these guilds may be, he was hardly in the mood for it today. "If you're playing a trick on me I'll have your entire family brought to the temple district for.." he let the sentence die out and leaned a bit closer to the tavernkeep as he whispered "ritual sacrifice".

For two seconds he gazed intently and then made his way to the door behind the counter with the bottle of tawny in his hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:07 am

The door opened into a narrow corridor leading to another door at the end. To the sides were some more doors, all shut, probably leading to storage rooms or the tavern keeper's quarters.
When he neared the door at the end it was opened from the inside by a man in familiar red leather armour, who nodded a wordless greeting to Alerio.

Inside was a roughly carpentered table and two stools, one of which was occupied by the wiry man in rags that had just left the tavern the other way. Towards the rear there were two more men in leather armour with crossbows, guarding the backdoor of the tavern, but they were obviously not expecting trouble for the crossbows were not drawn or loaded.

The man at the table got up and extended his hand towards Alerio.

Now whom do I have the pleasure to meet? A representative of our Eventide friends, I believe? I'm glad my message has finally - but ... first, of course, excuse me, please, do have a seat. You know, there is much to talk about, unless, that is, of course, you want to talk about something else first?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:03 am

Alerio sat down and uncorked the bottle. He was unaware of any messages send by the brotherhood, thus decided it'd be best if he'd listen them out first. So, after a sip from the bottle, he gestured that the guildsman could speak his mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:34 am

Ser Timbo stomps into the bar at some point during the day.

[OOC] Yeah, so you just tell me when it's fine for me to join the RP.

Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:55 pm

Well, envy is upon us, Gharezi went on, it seems I have lost several messengers before the message has reached you, he's intercepting them, you know. Oh, certainly you have seen his men patrolling in these districts. He wants to take control back by brute force, make us submit to his orders again, wouldn't want that, you know? Never helped us against the slavers, the bastard, and now that things are safe he wants to reap the benefits. But, unfortunately, I fear I have to say, you know, we don't have the manpower to oppose his men and he demands ... well, Navid already paid him, had no choice with the Moon and Crossbow surrounded, poor sod, you know. So, ... what do you propose to do, can the Eventide help us, that is are you willing to help us, errm, Sir?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:05 pm

Alerio's attention span seemed to have reached an end during the last sentence of Gharezi's explanation of sorts. Slowly his eyes scanned the room and the others present before they settled again on the bottle if tawny, then he took the bottle to his lips again.

"I help you if you help me." Alerio said shrugging. "the dwarf that was given to Sir Varys. Where is he?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:51 am

Dwarf? Gharezi seemed confused. What dwa... ahhh, the pale little sewer guide. Is he not with Sir Varys anymore? He did not come back to me anyways. Might smell like a dog, but doesn't behave like one, you know. What about him?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:08 pm

frowning, Alerio stared at Gharezi. "I'm sure your dogs can catch his scent faster than mine can." he said eventually and nodded in the direction of Gharezi's henchmen. "Dogs growing up in the same litter can always find each other."

"In the meantime I'll put a knife in the man that's been intercepting correspondence to the Eventide. Where can I find him?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:57 am

Gharezi looked at Alerio for a moment with a startled expression on his face as if he could not believe what he had heard. Then his eyes widened in comprehension.

You're gonne put a knife in envy? You wanna assassinate N V, Nilus Vegorius? Well, if you can accomplish that, best without dying yourself, you know, then ... he started to laugh. That would definitely change the state of affairs in the north, what am I saying, in all of Singal. You'd better prepare well for that, but Vata knows I and many others will be very grateful, not all others of course, you know, still others will also be very upset. For the time being it might suffice, though, to drive his men from our district.

Anyway, I will tell my men to look for the sewer guide and tell you of anything we find out.

A bit of muffled stomping and talking was heard and some instants later Sir Timbo entered the room the same way Alerio had come, which caused Gharezi to turn his head in a slightly nervous manner to the newcomer.

Ah, hello, are you... he turned to Alerio, is he a ... friend of yours?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:12 am

Alerio nodded, "This man is a knight of my Order" the way he said it and the sudden cold look in his eyes suggested Gharezi should greet Sir Timbo according to his rank in society. He followed it up by a nod in Sir Timbo's direction and a seated salute by pressing a fist against the Eventide crest on his tunic. Almost immediately after he returned to his usual self as he grabbed the bottle of tawny and as he drank directly from it half found it's way onto his chin and leather gambeson.

note:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:19 am

Timbo dusted himself off, panting. "Ah. Well. What a magnificent day it is."

In truth, it was scalding hot outside. A man of his age was beginning to have some problems in such heat. Timbo hid his exhaustion as best as he could, but beads of sweat glistened on his forehead and he was breathing heavily. Oh, just roll with it, old man. You're not fooling anyone. Timbo thought, waddling over to the counter and snatching a stool for himself.

"I'll have a beer too, while we're at it. Men must needs refresh themselves often in weather such as this... especially old men." Timbo regarded Gharezi pleasantly.

"Gharezi, is it? I've heard of you. Mayhaps I've even treated you, sometime, though I would remember your face if I had." He cleared his throat. "I am Ser Timbo Malberg, a healer and a knight. Perhaps my friend can fill me in as you fetch me the beer, Gharezi." He smiled again, trying to look pleasant, but his crooked teeth made the effort look more like a scowl.

Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:30 am

Ah, well met, Sir Malberg, Gharezi replied, less nervous than before. He furrowed his brow when he was commanded to go fetch a beer, but then just gave one of his ever-silent men a wordless sign. The man left the room and returned soon after with a large mug of ale which he placed wordlessly in front of Timbo and then took up his post at the door again.

Will you two, Sirs, or the order of the Eventide, that is, require any other information or, you know, help from us? he finally asked.

OOC: I don't know what or how much you want Alerio to tell Timbo, but if it's simply everything just gimme a nudge and I'll add in a sentence here to speed things up.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:34 am

Alerio lowered his bottle and looked at his fellow knight with a frown, "Gharezi and his men" he paused and gave Timbo a moment to look around in their private room shared with only Gharezi and his two guards "have agreed to help us look for Varys' dwarf while we go off and kill the leader of the Red Brotherhood."

then he shrugged, suggesting it was just an ordinary thing for Eventide knights, and put the bottle back to his lips.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:02 am

Timbo's still-smiling mouth twitched, as if he wanted to scowl, and anger clouded his eyes for an instant. Then the hints were gone, and Timbo gave a little laugh.

"This is like to be interesting, then." He took a long swallow from his beer and belched happily. "Ser Alerio has never backed down from a fight, of course, and I myself welcome the chance to rid the city of this infamous leader. It's a lot of work for two people, though. Though Ser Alerio is gallant and skilled beyond doubt, any man can be overwhelmed. If you have men that we can use, they will certainly be helpful." Timbo's pleasant smile shattered suddenly. That's if you trust us." He finished his beer greedily and turned to inspect Gharezi intently, waiting for his answer.

Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:42 pm

Well, I will actually need all of my men here to fend off envy's patrols and search for the sewer guy, you see, but I guess I can spare a man to help you with the intricacies of our organisation. As for fighting, I daresay, if you excuse, you and your men are far more effective at that than we are, errm, Sirs.

Gharezi's tone and posture indicated that he considered the conversation basically finished.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Fri May 08, 2015 11:40 pm

Alerio nodded, "Your men will lead the way and I'll soak my sword in blood." he stated and rose from his chair "Those are the roles we play" he continued in a way that left little to the imagination. The Eventide was the sword, and the Gharezi should not attempt to take that role from them.

"Sir Timbo, let us get a drink while we wait for sundown."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Sat May 09, 2015 1:11 am

Timbo shuddered slightly at the though of having to shed blood. Grimly, he added his voice to Alerio's. "Aye, that you will, Sir Alerio." A brief memory brought chuckle to his lips that surprised even Timbo himself. "Oh, you definitely will." he chuckled out loud.

As he glanced down at his beer mug, he noticed it empty and cold, just waiting to be filled again. He wasn't in the mood for beer anymore, though. The heat would probably negate most of the alcohol, yet still, Alerio would need someone with a level head. Timbo followed Alerio and threw in his order.

"Orange juice for me, thanks. In a royal-size jug, if you please."

Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Sat May 09, 2015 4:53 am

The wine was too sweet for his liking and he fully despised the nasty aftertaste of this cheap brand from Janos, but it was milder on the head and allowed Alerio to keep his mind relatively sharp while he waited until the streets would become more suited for cloak and dagger work. He knew, although he would never show it, that the task at hand was considerably more dangerous than his usual nighttime work and he had a nervous feeling about it. Sir Timbo proved good company, better than expected, but his habit of drinking juice caught the attention of some of the less clean drunkards. The brawlers and swords for hire among them knew Alerio by reputation or even witnessed how he eased the passing of others with bare steel and quick hands. His presence in a place like this was nothing of note and they mostly greeted him with a respectful nod or a silent toast in his direction. Sir Timbo, however, received some odd looks and whispers from behind the cups.

Hopefully their informant would arrive soon before either of them got in trouble.

OOC:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:14 am

A stout man in reddish leather armour approached them and inclined his head.

Sirs, I have been told to assist you in a little matter of envy, I understand, he said. My name is Carelius Nolus.

He had a distinct Empire accent that sounded uncommonly posh among the guttural, sloppy pronunciation of the local accent of Singal.

I have been Gharezi's liaison to local leadership around envy for several years, he further explained, and should be able to provide you with some helpful information. Is there anything in particular you would like to know?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:50 am

Timbo stepped up to the informant.

"We need his location, his manpower, his informants and his family members. Start with his family and informants; if you don't know his location, his folks surely will."

Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:15 am

Alerio nodded at Timbo's demand and continued to sip his wine from Janos. His mind had been wandering past the troubled history of the city and the dark secrets it contained that had driven him to his excessive consumation of drink. As such, he had completely disregarded the Imperial brother and was thankful for Timbo stepping up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   

Back to top Go down

IC-Scene: District 13
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next