An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

IC-Scene: District 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:34 pm

As far as I am informed, Nolus replied, Vegorius is not married. He may have several illegitimate children around the brothels of the northern slums, though. The only relative I know of is a half-brother of the name Iulianus. He presumably is a bastard son of Vegorius's father and acts as his right hand. Word has it that Vegorius does not truly trust anyone else and naturally he has no friends deserving that title in his position.

He paused for a moment and thought.

Whenever he has made an appearance that was around district 14, but those appearances are rather irregular and interactions with the various cells are being handled by chains of liaisons. The higher ups are called for irregular and unforeseeable meetings with Vegorious at constantly changing places.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:18 am

"We have all we need to know. Thank you for your assistance." Timbo said and downed his drink.

"Let's go, Alerio."

Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:39 am

"finally" the Barclayan sighed and tossed the empty bottle on the floor. "So I guess we're paying a visit to the brother, then?" he asked Timbo after they had exposed themselves to the blistering heat outside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:56 am

OOC: I suppose I'm taking over some of this scene, then! What I had in mind was that this happens, we go inside, and then... it's up to you I suppose! Or to Iskar if he wants to come back.

Timbo didn't like walking. He had, once, a long time ago. But today, walking was an ordeal. It didn't take him long to start sweating profusely, prompting him to constantly dig out a handkerchief from his pocket and wiping his face with it.

He'd used up four handkerchiefs by the time they finally reached the brother's house. From what Timbo could see, exhausted as he was, it looked just like all of the other buildings in the area. But that was where they had been directed to. Only one footpad stood guard outside of the house, but otherwise it was rather calm, with the occasional citizen moving about their business. None looked to be particularly attentive due to the heat.

"Ah. Allow me to take care of this, dear Alerio." Timbo said, adopting a friendly manner of speech. Even his gait seemed to change: suddenly there was a spring in his step, a friendly smile lit up his voluptous face and his eyes had a spark of what seemed like genuine joy.

"Excuse me, I have a question to ask, if you don't mind." he said to the footpad as he walked up to him. "Is this the home of the esteemed Master Iulianus?" Unknown the footpad, Timbo had a hidden stiletto in his left sleeve.

The footpad blinked, surprised to see someone approach him. "Who's asking?" he finally growled.

Timbo retained his smile. "Here, now. I'm a herbalist. He dangled a lavender-smelling pouch from his hand. "I heal people -- oh, my. What is that on your arm? Could you--? Yes, I will take a look at it." Timbo reached a hand towards the man's arm, moving closer as if to inspect it. There was a fading scar. "Yes... oh, my... and this happened while you were serving him? Such dangerous business... I must talk to him about this, too, that is if he's in...?" The footpad nodded as if to confirm his question. That was all the information the aged herbalist needed. Timbo calmly restrained the man against the wall and sunk his stiletto deep into the footpad's throat. The man died with a faint gurgle.

Timbo half-turned towards Alerio. "He's probably inside. If he's not, we'll wait for him there." The herbalist's gaze moved to rest at the body of the dead footpad, slumped against the wall. It had been a clean kill; there was no blood to be seen, except around the tiny stab wound. "You'll have to help me dump this body somewhere, though." There was a convenient patch of smallbrush just around the corner, obscured and shaded by a lonesome palm tree. "Like there."

Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:32 pm

With sweat everywhere and the sheer heat giving him a headache to worsen is already dry tongue, Alerio found that Timbo's small comedy was a pleasent relief. But the dry bush just wouldn't cut it.

"No, Timbo, my most estemeed fellow knight-" Alerio said in what seemed to be jest "Let's take the bugger with us inside." he continued and slung the guard's hot wet armpit on his own shoulder so he could support him as he opened the door and went inside.

"Someone!? I found this man in front of the door, I think he fainted due to the heat." Alerio cried and stepped into the small living room filled with D'Shar styled cushions where a single man in his mid thirties was smoking from a richly decorated silver hookah. His eyes showed that he was intoxicated and although his rich red silk was meant to make him look like a nobleman, he had all the features of a commoner who lived a hard life. Alerio didn't think it could be anyone else but the brother, but he was eager to see Timbo continue his heretic comedy and thus deferred to him to approach the man. Meanwhile Alerio put the dead guard down in some cushions on the other side of the room and under the pretense of "I'm going to see if we can get him back to his senses with something to drink" he went searching for the guildsman's wine cellar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:43 am

Curious, Timbo followed the eager duelist inside. As Alerio began to play his part, Timbo once again lit up his face to accommodate to the situation. Stepping forth, Timbo swept an elaborate, albeit a tad sweaty, bow.

"My deepest apologies for intruding, good sir." he said, straightening from the bow. "As my friend said, we noticed this man had fainted and was slumped against the wall, obviously because of the heat. We brought him inside." He vaguely motioned for Alerio to set the man down on some couch or another - a vague enough gesture to be interpreted as just about anything, truthfully.

The crass-looking man was still lounging on his sofa, apparently somewhat overwhelmed by the situation. Timbo smiled and moved closer.

"Oh, my apologies. I did not mean to scare you." he said, smiling reassuringly. "I am a herbalist, you see, and not so well versed in... how do you call it... social protocol."

"I think that you should leave." the man said, still reclining on the couch. There was an edge to his voice.

Timbo's smile vanished. "Then I won't waste any more of your time."

"Please lock the door, sir Alerio." the broad herbalist said, completely without hurry. His eyes were set on the lounging man, however.

"Your name is Iulianus?" Timbo asked quietly. Before, the man had seemed threatening. Almost ready for violence, even. Now, Timbo could see a shade of panic on Iulianus' features.

The reclining man drew in a quivering breath. "Yes."

"We have some questions for you." Iulianus closed his eyes.

"Get up. Show us to your room; we'll talk there." He motioned for Alerio to follow.

Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:53 am

[ooc: You had a plan where this was going, right?]

Alerio had just returned from the storage room with a rather expensive Ethosian wine when Timbo motioned for him to follow, and after brief glance towards the dead man and a slightly longer shrug, he followed as he opened the bottle and took a greedy gulp.

Iulianus seemed especially wobbly in his intoxicated state and only on his third attempt did he manage to get up from the low cushioned seating. He continued the way to his private apartments with an awful sense of balance and even bumped into Alerio in search for support "Oh so sorry" Iulianus muttered as he stumbled further. Alerio had the sense that the guildsman had been eyeing the dirk that was tucked away under his belt, but the ever present hand (with the always present bloodstains) had seemed to divert him from attempting to grab it. On his guard just in case the guildsman was less intoxicated as he seemed, Alerio followed him and Timbo closely to the apartments, which they reached without incident.

Iulianus' apartments were nothing less than what you'd expect from a wealthy criminal. On his walls hung a moderate wealth in paintings by Avendor and Larian painters while the floors were covered with especially rich Ishkoman rugs. Furniture was a mix of leisure seats from the old Bacchus Empire and beautifully carved stools and tables in Fierdsvain tradition. The scent betrayed good food and drink while the much cooler air betrayed a private supply of ice in ventilation channels. This place, Alerio mused, was much much more pleasent than the chapterhouse of the knightly order and noble lord that were supposed to be ruling over it. Crime, apparently, did pay in Singal.. and it paid well.

Upon reaching the main room in his apartments the guildman's sense of balance seemed miraculesly repaired and he sprinted to the opposite wall where he retrieved a small already loaded hunting crossbow from the wall which he swung towards the two Eventide knights as he tried to decide who'd he'd best shoot as he took aim in their general direction "Bloody bastards." Iulianus grumbled "especially you-" he aimed the crossbow at Alerio "Barclay scum" and spat "I'll be the one asking the questions now, herbalist." now directing his words to Timbo "Who are you and who send you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: District 13   

Back to top Go down

IC-Scene: District 13
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2