An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Just talking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:02 pm

I was reading some stuff and learned that it is possible to fire machine guns as if they were mortars i.e. using a parabolic trajectory to overcome walls and other obstacles. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vickers_machine_gun#Use

That made me think Silvermists would have been perfectly capable of firing their arrows in such an angle that they would ingore walls and ramparts, and fall on the enemy from above. Pretty neat eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azlanek
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:35 am

Good thing this never saw the light of day while the rp was still underway. This would have been a nightmare Wink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:12 pm

Heres a random question. Y'know Havafang (sp?), Ithilrandir's sword? Anyone know where the dev team got that sword model from? I ask because I just found the same sword when I was playing Oblivion! Smile Its called an Aeralean Sword or something in this though and it's added by a mod called Immersive Weapons. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azlanek
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:13 am

So, Pendor 3.7 out and a massive wave of nostalgia totally swept me way. Wondering whether I will be doing much else for the rest of the year Wink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:32 am

Azlanek wrote:
So, Pendor 3.7 out and a massive wave of nostalgia totally swept me way. Wondering whether I will be doing much else for the rest of the year Wink.

3.7 is out!?!?!? Pendor here I come <3

I'm going back home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azlanek
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:55 am

Mordred is actually doing a Mettenheim Let's play for it, if anyone of you is interested:

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,343592.0.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:29 am

All hail King Mordred Adalhart IV!

(Was it IV? Or I? Or II?)

All hail King Mordred!

Ser Varys
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:39 pm

Always come back every now and then Laughing Laughing . Guess it's time to boot up Warband again

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azlanek
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:35 am

I am currently playing a little bit of Wedding Dance for M&B classic. Also a very nice mod, aside from the regular crashes I get. There even is a D'shar Princess from Pendor in there Wink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:43 am

Aw man I was so miffed the work stopped on the Wedding Dance. It was my favourite right up until PoP caught my attention
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:43 pm

Hey guys, anyone still check up on the board?

Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:46 am

Every once in a while, yes Twisted Evil.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pravenstern
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:45 am

On the occasion. Old habits die hard, after all.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:10 am

Been reading back over the old stories that unfolded here. Have to say there were a lot of talented writers in this wee community. Hope that it's not going to waste Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Azlanek
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:30 pm

I think it was worth the effort because it created the experience we had. Whether any of this is going to be used for the future is an entirely different story, of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamos
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:12 pm

The legend of my fist will never die!

Seriously though even now I play Monks in DnD so I can punch things really hard.

View user profile
Azlanek
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:02 pm

Now that you mention it, only yesterday I played an evil character wearing full plate in D&D...

It's a conspiracy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:48 pm

And I always seem to end up as the King...

king Twisted Evil

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zatobo.com/
Azlanek
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:50 pm

I think it is always nice when the characters end up in some positions of authority^^.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamos
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:00 pm

Like my insane cannibal warrior who became an emperor, he ate the last guy. Or my reckless alcoholic monk who founded a global trade company from tavern profits, a professional assassin was his VP.

I suspect my DM has poor judgement. That or I do.

View user profile
Azlanek
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:25 pm

I am also playing in two campaigns that will eventually deal in governing realms/kingdoms. Really curious how good the Pathfinder system will turn out to handle that. In any case, I guess it might get pretty nostalgic for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:30 pm

I actually haven't checked up here for a while. But I really do think we had some talented writers here. I enjoyed Varys' interactions with everyone, Aranor was a lovable jerkass to his enemies and the Silvermists were great benevolent tyrants for the East. Ebony Gauntlets were fun to bully around, the crazy bastards Razz

Repel the Invaders was great fun, as well as Orders from Baccus. Still have fond memories of the makeshift catapults and the guerilla warfare.

Griffons, on the other hand... the trials, the accusations, those were the fun days. Great suspense.

Who knows, maybe we'll even do some nostalgia event here, one day. I'm sure we all have ideas.

Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:59 am

Marcus the Shadow Fighter wrote:
I actually haven't checked up here for a while. But I really do think we had some talented writers here. I enjoyed Varys' interactions with everyone, Aranor was a lovable jerkass to his enemies and the Silvermists were great benevolent tyrants for the East. Ebony Gauntlets were fun to bully around, the crazy bastards Razz

Repel the Invaders was great fun, as well as Orders from Baccus. Still have fond memories of the makeshift catapults and the guerilla warfare.

Griffons, on the other hand... the trials, the accusations, those were the fun days. Great suspense.

Who knows, maybe we'll even do some nostalgia event here, one day. I'm sure we all have ideas.

Not to mention that peasant slaughtering, self loathing, PTSD suffering, drinks-far-too-much paladin Celdiur Moriendor. I heard he was a hoot...  Smile

You have no idea how much I would love a nostalgia event or even to continue the old roleplay, but we've tried too many times and it just never really worked out.Would have been nice to finish taking over Singal though and to continue sleuthing about the sewers. We were so close to finding out who shot Mr Burns! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Haegon
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:04 pm

Oh man, Pendor still feels a bit like home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:05 am

I would be open for continuing the Order-driven RPing we had before. I seem to recall a sudden disappearance with Marcus (and several other characters, like Aranor). Where did the former grandmasters disappear to, I wonder?

I propose that we set the basis of the nostalgia event around the disappearing of these characters; it'll give us a reason to delve deeper into Snake Cult lore (making it up or not) and revisit old times.

I'm proposing that because I reeaally enjoyed the *original* RP plot of rival Orders. I can contact Iskar via Steam to get him back for the Silvermists; how about the rest of you? I'd be willing to take over the narration, though *if* Iskar is interested, then I can see him helping as well.

To set the mood - allow me to quote an old post.

Marcus Caldius Merula, during the First Council Meeting wrote:
"And yet," a quiet voice ringed in the room, "They strike at different places. This time, it was Cez. The city would have fallen had we not been close by. Next time... next time, we may be too late. By the time we hear of the next invasion, ships could already be on their way across the ocean, carrying reinforcements to the accursed snakes. You see how it is, don't you, friends? Cez's in ruins because of accursed treason, poison that the Cult slipped within our Order. This very poison is now spreading across the coastline, and not even the gods of old know where it is headed."

He paused to take a sip from his goblet; a quick one that could've meant anything.

"And pause, for a moment, to think on why they sent such a large force. Was it all they could muster for a serious attempt at conquering Pendor? Three thousand men? Do not toy with me. That was nothing more but a recon force, and even this recon nearly destroyed us. What will follow after, and how soon? It could be months, or years. But know, that time for games is over. Cultists no longer want to crush only the Old Empire. They seek to establish a foothold, a base of operations. And I fear, that the next wave will be several times larger."

If you guys like the sound of that, here's how it'll begin: the King calls in a surprise emergency meeting at the old Council Chambers in Sarleon. It turns out that something has happened to the Shadow of Singal, something that may be of vital importance to the entire realm of Pendor...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   

Back to top Go down

Just talking
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next