Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just talking

Go down 
+12
Mordred
Kamos
Hetzau
tobberman
Curanthir
Pravenstern
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Sir Aranor
Iskar
Azlanek
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Saeros
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

Just talking - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 2:57 am

I'd be in if we could get a decent group going again. Problem is I have no ones contact details so I cant be of any use there.

And that scenario you laid out, well, it's pretty obvious that if everyones disappearing then that shady-as-fuck Azlanek is involved. You can just imagine him sitting in his office chewing a tooth pick and flicking a nickel!
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 5:46 pm

The idea I had is that if we are unable to contact Azlanek, Aranor, Varys etc., then I and possible second narrator would play them as NPCs trying to stay as true to their characters as possible.

We would also add a disclaimer that their actions are all non-canon unless they approve of them first themselves, so that we don't mess up their shit.

Marcus, on the other hand, wouldn't be a Grandmaster anymore (we'd have the new female one acting as that one, the one who replaced Marcus who was too unstable anyway) and Lucius went searching for him when he disappeared, somehow ending up as a landed knight of Barclay (don't ask how...)

I always found it strange though, how the Shadow Legionnaries after me didn't use our own sub-boards even once.

The point is, eventually they all end up back on Pendor, in one form or another, with one rank or another. There's a lot to plan out, so if you want, we can start to brainstorm ideas in PMs - if you want to sort of co-host it with me. And then I could get Iskar via Steam, possibly, and the others would drift in here eventually as they check the forums.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 10:29 am

Well, i've never hosted an RP or anything similar before but I suppose I could give it a shot. Haegon and Azlanek should probably see this message before too long so maybe they will be up for it as well.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 10:07 pm

Sir Celdiur Moriendor wrote:
And that scenario you laid out, well, it's pretty obvious that if everyones disappearing then that shady-as-fuck Azlanek is involved. You can just imagine him sitting in his office chewing a tooth pick and flicking a nickel!

Thanks, I enjoy apparently having left a good impression, and the mental picture of my avatar chewing on a tooth pick through his helmet is just pure gold. As for everything else, I have to say I am quite reluctant to commit to such a thing. It this takes off with a decent number of people, I would maybe allow myself to be persuaded into giving it a try, but I am not very optimistic.

Rival orders were a cool thing, yes, but they also caused a lot of problems, especially during peacetime under a strong king. Doing individual character stories is always doable, but playing the orders as political entities or factions made it necessary (in my mind) to have something like the metagame, which was a great idea in theory, but turned out to be quite the difficult beast to balance out and make fun for all parties involved.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2017 6:01 pm

I wasn't going to suggest anything that grandiose. I've noticed that when we try to reboot some kind of RPing and make new characters, they end up falling flat. So, what if we returned to the characters we all know and cherish, as well as to the grand themes we all enjoyed years ago. Think of it a D&D campaign?
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 10:07 am

Funny story. The initial ruleset upon which Mordred based the metagame was from a D&D book I suggested Razz.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 3:14 pm

I'm into this idea. Also, you guys have steam or skype?
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 6:55 am

I've got Steam, Varangian
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 7:55 am

I'm Deckenpuppel in Steam.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 3:59 am

On Steam, its Nelandros!

I'm seeing several Varangians coming up Marcus. Which one are you?
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2017 8:31 am

The finnish one with the funny profile pic!
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 7:28 am

Anyone know when the new version of PoP is out? I figure it should be soon, but i'm waiting to end my 2 year hiatus from PoP when the new version is released. It looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2017 6:23 pm

Well, they're slowly inching towards 4.0 Razz

I wonder if we'll finally get Amala in Bannerlord.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 1:24 am

Well we can hope! Amala's been on the shelf for a long time now though, and I won't be holding my breath.

On the plus side... 3.9 next week!!! Cannot bloody wait to get back into this!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 8:17 am

I had some time this weekend to sit down and jot out more details. What follows is a prelude.

Warnings are written in Gold:
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 10:00 am

That does sound interesting. My days as hyperactive organiser and narrator may be over, but If we're developing this story more cooperatively I think I can serve you with a devious Silvermist Ranger.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 10:41 am

Excellent.

I and Iskar will begin the process of planning and organizing material for this story tomorrow. It won't be a short process, so it may take some time before we're done. We will, however, keep you updated and maybe even ask for some help once or twice - look forward to NPC ideas!

I have no idea about the timetable as of yet. I suspect we will figure that out tomorrow, once we get a bead on the workload involved.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 1:38 am

Looks very interesting. I may be starting a new job soon but it shouldn't get in the way of my participation too much. If you want me to do anything other than play Celdiur then let me know!
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2017 5:47 am

Awesome! If you need any help send me a message
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 04, 2017 10:24 am

Well I'll see what you've got going. Can't be super active myself though.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 3:56 pm

Suspect
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 14, 2017 8:13 pm

Well, that is saying a lot^^°.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 6:31 pm

Glad to see I'm not the only one checking this place
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2018 4:55 am

Keeping the flame alive!
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 12, 2018 9:56 am

Sooooo I just returned to Pendor for the first time in what I thought was a couple of years. Seems that several hundred have passed as Pendor now has firearms.......Not sure how I feel about this development Neutral

Anyway, if anyone still lurks here, how are you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just talking
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next