Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roleplay Guidelines

Go down 
+10
MordKaiser87
Saeros
mp84
Kamos
dowpride
Iskar
Azlanek
SimplePlan96
Centurion1
Mordred
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

Roleplay Guidelines - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Guidelines   Roleplay Guidelines - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 3:31 am

Yes they are *glares at DD*
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Guidelines   Roleplay Guidelines - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 3:32 am

Mordred wrote:
Yes they are *glares at DD*

... Or are they?

Couldn't resist.
Back to top Go down
MordKaiser87
Knight
MordKaiser87

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Guidelines   Roleplay Guidelines - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 12:43 pm

Mordred wrote:
Added :

Reports

As many / all of the events occur behind closed doors, Grandmasters are asked to provide a report to the King following each event (Major and Minor). During Minor events, I would like the hosts to produce a set of rumours which can be true or false in the IC section of the tavern so that everyone can remain looped in.

Remember that reports do not need to include all details, or even be true. However, some Orders are sneaky and employ spies, there is a chance one of them will reveal any lies to their master.

For the rumors you want the GMs to post up them or any knighthood members are free to post (w/ GMs approval of course)? Also, new thread or post 'em on the Groggy Griffin?
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Guidelines   Roleplay Guidelines - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 10:07 pm

I would prefer GMs, but you are more than welcome to suggest them to him.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Guidelines   Roleplay Guidelines - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:18 am

My basic observations on how to tell a good story, and how to script your character:

Engaging people in a scene
Spoiler:

Making an interesting character
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Guidelines   Roleplay Guidelines - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:45 pm

In light of the throne room debate which is far more lively than anything we had in the last months I feel inclined to remind everyone of some guidelines in order to ensure a pleasant RP experience for everybody:
(That I name things here does not mean someone did that, I'm doing this prophylactically)

Control only your own character. Do not write that things happen that your character has no influence in (such as "suddenly the great candelabra came down from the ceiling, killing Lucius Aurelianus instantly. Iskar chuckled at this, although he had had no part in it."), let alone controlling othere characters.

Write as much and only as much about your actions as the others would be able to see. Do not write down your thoughts for the others to read, because it takes some suspense out of the scene, but on the other hand, if you try to do something secretly, think about what the others would notice about it, i.e. a whisper, a light movement. You can (using common sense) take into account the general situation, however. During a heated debate the others might be rather unlikely to notice a quiet whisper at the other end of the room and their attention might be distracted. However, still write out what you're doing. Someone might just have prepared to overhear quiet conversations away from the debate.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Guidelines   Roleplay Guidelines - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:52 pm

How do we handle descriptions of the environment? Should we leave it to the main characters in the event (for example, you and Caranthir in that throne room discussion; Marcus in the Cez event; Aranor in Javiksholm, etc.)?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Guidelines   Roleplay Guidelines - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:57 pm

I guess the chairman of the throne room event (in this case us) or the lord of the location where something takes place can (to a reasonable extent) determine the furniture and layout of the rooms used/ the characteristics of the surroundings (if in the outside).

In any case one should make that sufficiently clear what the location looks like in an early post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Guidelines   Roleplay Guidelines - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roleplay Guidelines
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2