An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Order Tactics : OOC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ser Varys
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:02 am

On the contrary, order vs order strife is exactly what is needed for a good RP. If everything was lackadaisy whimsical wonderfully supercalifragilisticespialadociously great, no one would have much fun besides events. RPing a legion hatred is a good trait to have for a character, especially since (forgive if I am wrong) these traits contradict (KoTEG & Legion are supposed to buddies, amirite?)

Fight, orders, fight Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dowpride
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:04 am

chaos is order. anarchy is freedom!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:54 am

no one is fighting. your gm doesnt like my order.

this is an ooc thread and you brought up a point with which i disagree. the silvermist agreed with me and you dont think they hate you...............

the only issue i have with the sl is that they are not what the game portrays them to be but i dont care as long as the devs say it works within the lore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lokloklok
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:37 am

Centurion1 wrote:
no one is fighting. your gm doesnt like my order.

this is an ooc thread and you brought up a point with which i disagree. the silvermist agreed with me and you dont think they hate you...............

the only issue i have with the sl is that they are not what the game portrays them to be but i dont care as long as the devs say it works within the lore.

Thanks for clearing this up for me. I perceived the situation wrongly and tried to stop a potential fight in its tracks, my apologies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fidelity
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:47 am

The Ebony Gauntlet also know how to entrench and dig in more than any other order if given time. (i.e. Camps and bases). The EG can create a well organized and fortified camp in around 6 hours, and can continue to add to it over the course of the RP. If you give an EG time to dig in, good luck getting him out.

The Legion would be better in an open battle in defending, of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:12 pm

I wouldn't really say so. KotEG efficency is better in sieges, because their mass and armour makes them iron giants which just cover any hole pretty well. The Legion can do the same with iron and rock-hard formations.

Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:47 pm

actually yes. our efficency is in any urban or fortified area. this is among other things because of our versatility every koteg is a crossbowman as well as a sword and shield type.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:56 am

At all but especially Mordred and Iskar:

I realized that, as far as I know, there is no in-game lore about the origins of the Silvermists or the Gauntlets (not sure about the Legion). I recall reading something only about the Dawn, Griffons, and Radiant Cross.

Does that mean... that we can create that story?

Even if the answer is "no", I think we could develop specific aspects of our orders. I have the feeling that the way in which each of us sees our orders differs greatly from what outsides think of us. So silvermists are just "better archers" and Eventiders just "dawn in dark armor", while the insiders know that their respective cultures are much richer than that.

Just a quick look shows a lot of good stuff to build upon: Why legion marines? Why silvermist halberdiers? What's up with the Clarion Call? What do rangers do when they are not fighting wars? How are they enlisted? What are the tales of the heroic Silvermists of the past?

That's only an example; Iskar already said we would develop the Silvermist part later. I mean other orders could develop similar points of their cultures, like Tubby did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:03 am

I have been saying "later" a lot lately Wink It actually referred to Silvermist specific RP/MD actions. We can flesh out the history of the order right now. I had the idea of a legendary half-elven warrior who was not accepted by either the Noldor or the human society and started a warband of equal minded men, roaming the eastern forests. This warband of archers might have been the origin of the Silvermist.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:11 am

In RP-speak, "later" = "after events are over".

Half-elven? We will have to discuss Noldor biology.

Sounds like a good story. Not artificial like "hey, I like Noldor. let's found a military order!".

EDIT: for example, as much as I like the legion, I picture them as Roman legionnaires and never quite understood the "shadow" in their name. Some details of their way of living might give us outsiders a better picture.

Last edited by Saeros on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:12 am

Quigfen is a Half-Elf, too, so there should be no problems with that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:12 am

It's... kinda... cliché...

What if it actually started out as a borderline extremist group of noldor-haters who used their own weapons against them, eventually with their leader's passing becoming to respect their foes and finally allying with them...? No...? Okay. Sad

I have this vision, though...

Why form a warband? Why not simply compete in archery competitions, win fame as the world's best archers, eventually train younger folk who come to him seeking apprenticeship, and finally their fame grew big enough for flocks of people to come gathering outside the Silvermists' doors. Eventually they became known as a Knighthood Order, partly from the legend they had created, and partly due to their relations to the Noldor, whom they had flattered with their marksmanship.

Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:17 am

Quote :
It's... kinda... cliché...

We could leave a gap of several centuries between the formation of that warband and the official public appearance of the Silvermists after the unification. We leave it in the air if the Silvermists are a continuation of that warband, or only inspired by them. To the point that, for private reasons, only the grandmasters know the truth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:19 am

I don't see any reason for that warband to be formed, except to fight noldor, though.

I just personally think that it might be more realistic to have it centered around a single man or woman, a very skilled marksman, who eventually attracted notice and apprentices. Razz

Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:20 am

As far as I can recall, the following have a back story;

Griffons
Lions
Dragons
Immortals
Shadow Legion
Radiant Cross
Eventide
Dawn

So that leaves these without any, so can be worked on. Please do come up with a concept first though, and run it by me, before going into detail;

Silvermists
Gauntlets
Windriders
Raven Spear
Lady Valkyries

I feel like I've missed someone, hmmm...

Regarding the Silvermists; Please don't use Half-Elves, there are plans for them in PoP4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://zatobo.com/
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:23 am

Quote :
Quigfen is a Half-Elf, too, so there should be no problems with that.

Unless you have fanactics among your rangers, who consider Quigfen an abomination and his existence a continued blasphemy, one that must be destroyed for dishonoring the perfection of the Noldor.

*sigh*... too bad Theo is dead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:33 am

Eh it is rather easy with gountlets i think. It could be a remains of an king established Counter-noldor ops centuries ago.
Or of course rather classic warband which started to defend peasantry from noldor, or even some silvermist branch which saw the true noldor, and decided to stop this threat to humanity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dowpride
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:35 am

did each factions special abilities get taken away? because there is lines through all of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:38 am

Zekic Thunion of Laria wrote:

Or of course rather classic warband which started to defend peasantry from noldor, or even some silvermist branch which saw the true noldor, and decided to stop this threat to humanity.

Who's to say the Silvermists were first? The Noldor and Humanity have been at war for centuries, more likely is an ex-Gauntlet who wanted to come to understand their foe more, and came to admire them.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:41 am

Quote :
Who's to say the Silvermists were first? The Noldor and Humanity have been at war for centuries, more likely is an ex-Gauntlet who wanted to come to understand their foe more, and came to admire them.
I never sayed Silvermists were first ^^ they COULD be first, it might go both way's and i really think we should get Silvermist and Gauntlet story together. Meybe even some variation of 2 Brother's earning(by some mean's) right to visit noldor, become they'r friends and while one "fell in love" with them other decided they are threat to humanitiy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:48 am

That sounds more like a legend that sprouts from truth.

Iskar
Peasant turned Lord

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:51 am

It would be only a single half elf who lived centuries ago. Would that really cause problems with PoP 4?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:05 am

Mordred wrote:

Didn't king Mordred found them?

Knight

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:09 am

Sir Aranor wrote:
Mordred wrote:

Didn't king Mordred found them?
+1?

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mordred
Dragon of the North

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:11 am

In their current form, yes, but there is nothing to suggest that there wasn't a group of Human Supremacists already active.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Order Tactics : OOC   

Back to top Go down

Order Tactics : OOC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next