OOC - Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

OOC - Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 11:54 pm

So, if one or more (I am totally fine with more of you participating, even with minor characters that are not your Pcs) of you are taking over for Fidelity, please read up on what has happened so far and tell me what you want to do. You can of course also ask me about anything you want to know.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 12:37 am

I have my laptop back, so if somebody could direct me as to how to actually get involved in the event (if possible), I would be very grateful.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 1:22 am

Good to have you. Try to read up on the main thread to get a picture of what has actually happened so far. Feel free o ask questions afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 1:52 am

So, the Duke was targeted, possibly by Noldor (this "justified" by the lack of evidence.) Obviously that causes tension between the orders who support, accept or hate the Noldor, and causes the issue of investigating who actually attempted the murder. The result of the meeting is to closely guard the entrances and show a display of force (a parade). This could cause fear and repression in the city, but it could also make further attempts (if from outside) difficult.
During the parade, "the Duke's" archers fire on the crowd, claiming there to be an assassin, but these archers aren't found, and the victims appear to be innocent (we will have to find out, won't we?)
This will again cause fear, so if this comes to a head, a riot will most likely be caused by a percieved lack of safety.

In addition, a gauntlet knight was murdered horribly, likely for one of the following reasons:
  • attack of opportunity
  • rival order being sneaky
  • something connected to the Duke, possibly security related

So the KOTEG are involved in the investigation.

A few questions:
  • Where is the gauntlet investigation being carried out? Same thread, or elsewhere?
  • (This is probably not down to you) What is my position in the order?
  • What meetings is my character authorised to be in?
  • What is the stance on swearing and typing dialects? (It's likely just to be for emphasis, but my character is very low-born, and has a poor opinion of nobles and "manners")
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 3:10 am

Quote :
A few questions:

• Where is the gauntlet investigation being carried out? Same thread, or elsewhere?

• (This is probably not down to you) What is my position in the order?

• What meetings is my character authorised to be in?

• What is the stance on swearing and typing dialects? (It's likely just to be for emphasis, but my character is very low-born, and has a poor opinion of nobles and "manners")

When something affects multiple orders, we will do it in the he "main-forum". Only the most important things will happen in the main thread. For personal actions, that the other orders would not automatically know about, you can create a new post in the Gauntlet's subforum.

I can indeed not answer he second one.

You are allowed to be present at the gatherings in he castle. Apart from that it depends on whether the people having a meeting want you there or not.

I have no problems with swearing and typing dialects (as long as I am still able to understand what you want to say Wink). Keep in mind though that nobles might react unkindly to your low-born behaviour.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:28 am

I guess I will get involved when I figure out what rank/etc I have in the gauntlets, then. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:35 pm

You should definitely be high enough to make decisions for the troops present in Laria. So if you want to just go ahead and jump in. I am sure we will be able to figure the rest out along the way.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 1:55 am

do the other orders know how many troops we have in laria? (50K/10R isnt it?)

"As the plague hit Paris and killed thousands, in England the king held a series of splendid tournaments. In mid-February he was jousting at Reading, then later that month at Bury St Edmunds, where he appeared dressed in a huge bird costume."

"Manny! Manny to the rescue!"
-The war cry of Baron Walter de Masny

Project X-Ray: A US army project to strap incendiary bombs to bats and release them over Japan. The plan was abandoned after the bats escaped and destroyed a hangar and a general's car in New Mexico.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 8:35 am

They have never been told the exact number. Maybe they have send scouts to your camp, though, trying to determine what forces your order has brought to Laria.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 6:16 am

Any ideas what you want to do on day two? Anything I can help you with?
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 am

We have 50 knights and 10 retainers.

5 patrols of 3 knights will patrol main areas to provide security and make people feel safe. Orders are for patrols to circulate quickly, to give the impression to citizens that there are lots of patrols. Constant presence must be maintained in at least 2 of the busiest areas.

35K 10R

20 knights and 10 retainers will dress plainly and patrol main areas, with orders to ask about what people saw or heard about the assassins and the previous day's events. (Not giving away any info about the fake guards.) They will also report any suspicious activity or answers, rather than take action themselves. They will be sure not to travel out of the sight of others or into homes or alleys, even to investigate. Hence the reporting to seniors.

15K 0R

We will contact the Duke's guard captain to provide 12 knights as a guard. We will try and get good relations with him, and if he accepts, we will ask if he can give us any new information before other groups. (I assume 12 is a large number of troops as this event is going.)

3K 0R

3 knights and myself will stay with the prisoners to interrogate them. If we are done or unable to speak with them, we will patrol the market so we are available for reports.

0K 0R

"As the plague hit Paris and killed thousands, in England the king held a series of splendid tournaments. In mid-February he was jousting at Reading, then later that month at Bury St Edmunds, where he appeared dressed in a huge bird costume."

Project X-Ray: A US army project to strap incendiary bombs to bats and release them over Japan. The plan was abandoned after the bats escaped and destroyed a hangar and a general's car in New Mexico.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:48 pm

Nice. I think everyone participating in this event will be pretty happy to see some Gauntlet action. I do not think the numbers add up, though.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 11:44 pm

50 - (5*3) = 35K
35 - 20 = 15K 10 - 10 = 0R
15K - 12 = 3K
3 - 3 = 0K

Not sure where they don't add.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:33 am

My bad. I was confused by the second column containing the knights you have left after the respective order in coloumn one. Everything is fine.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 8:46 am

extra note: The plainclothes knights and retainers are not to reveal that they are koteg to anyone. If they are threatened with jail for any reason, we can get them out later. Only reveal themselves if their lives are in danger (and if it won't put them in any more). I want to keep our numbers as secret as possible.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 10:55 pm

ANOTHER EXTRA NOTE!

If this is too late, or means you have to change too much in a hurry, don't bother, I just thought of it in the break.

ALL the knights and retainers should also report on the activities of other orders, and try and work out if there are any plainclothes there as well. Going back to the men periodically moving between areas, this should also stop the other orders from working out who are gauntlets.

Specific focus will be given to the silvermists, as the Noldor are suspect, and my character would believe that the rangers could be in league with them. I don't, but hey, have to play this thing right Very Happy

Priority is to the actual objective of finding assassins over monitoring other orders, but any info is good info. KotEG now has +2 to spying Razz

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:48 am

That is not a problem at all. Please, do me a favour and state how big the individual troops are for each of your actions.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 5:02 am

Those are just extra orders for ALL the knights in Laria, I'm not tasking people specifically to watch other orders.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 9:15 pm

I meant for the orders you issued earlier. When you assign 20 knights to a task, I guess they will not operate as a single group. Would be nice to know if they work in pairs, in groups of five, or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 1:00 am

The plainclothes troops will kind of act in pairs, so they will be given a partner, and make sure that they remain fairly close, don't let them out of sight. However, they should make sure it doesnt look like they are together. I don't want you dragging off my knights into dark alleys like the robbed guy Very Happy

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 5:38 am

One additional question: Your plaincloth soldiers; what kind of gear will they carry?
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:16 am

Daggers. If carrying weapons is allowed, then they will not hide them. Otherwise, hidden as well as possible while still being reachable without too much effort.

If weapons are not permitted, and any guards or orders are seen searching people, they will get rid of their daggers as quickly as possible without drawing attention to themselves.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:42 am

Knights are allowed to carry weapons. Daggers are okay even for "normal" people. What kind of armour and clothing are they wearing?
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:08 am

Just the stuff townspeople wear.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 1:12 am

Some of my retainers here are becoming knights this turn, just to confuse things.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC - Thread
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next