Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OOC - Thread

Go down 
+5
Mordred
Centurion1
Daedr0th
Fidelity
Azlanek
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

OOC - Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:49 am

The contingent now has 57 knights and 3 retainers. Will write up orders tomorrow. They should be pretty similar, but I will shift some stuff around.

just noting stuff for my benefit, probably what I will be acting upon most.

rumour about a chase in the parade

relations with silvermists

spotted by clarion call

The 12 knights you sent into the castle have not reported back yet.

strange concentration of Silvermist forces in district 11

tracks at camp

Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 11:37 pm

sorry for the failed layout again.

As
    we were spotted, all plainclothes units will leave in their pairs, while it is
    still dark. They will make take different and complicated routes to reach
    their areas, and ensure they are not being followed by anyone, knights or
    civilians. They will not seek confrontation.

5 patrols of 3
    knights and one of 3 retainers will patrol main areas to provide security
    and make people feel safe. Orders are for patrols to circulate quickly, to
    give the impression to citizens that there are lots of patrols. Constant
    presence must be maintained in at least 2 of the busiest areas. If confronted by other orders, they will ignore any
    arguments or bad relations, and not react in the same way. If it continues,
    it can be used.

15K/3R

42K/0R

20 knights will
    dress plainly and patrol main areas, with orders to ask about what people
    saw or heard about the assassins and the previous day's events. (Not giving
    away any info about the fake guards.) They will also report any suspicious
    activity or answers, rather than take action themselves. They will be sure
    not to travel out of the sight of others or into homes or alleys, even to
    investigate. Hence the reporting to seniors.

They
    will now ask about the chase, and two pairs will rotate watching the
    silvermist group. Also report who they talk to, and speak with them after.
    The rangers may know more than us. Same goes for any other orders we see.

22K/0R

I will
    investigate the knights at the castle. If the griffons are not letting them
    guard, I will place them in the patrols of 3 knights, adding 4 patrols. If
    they are in place, I will leave them. They
    will ask other guards what news has been heard, and the knight in charge
    will again speak with the guard captain and offer any support he needs.

10K/0R

10 knights will
    come with me to investigate the tracks. My best men will come, as will those
    who have spent the most time with the Noldor, as I expect them to be
    competent trackers, and have a good sense for ambushes. My character is also
    an experienced tracker, and has been in a large number of ambushes. It could
    simply be other orders spying, but we will be careful.

0K/0R

Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:21 am

Daytime:

5 patrols of 3 armoured knights amd 1 patrol of 3 retainers will only patrol the market districts. Same orders as previously regarding other orders.

34 plainclothes knights, leaving early and being secretive again, moving through the lower districts, especially district 11. five pairs will assign themselves to inns and taverns, and will swap every so often to prevent suspicion. four groups of 3 will patrol district 11, and will swap between shifts in the tavern. All groups in taverns will mainly listen to gossip, boasting, discontent etc, and will occasionally get involved in conversations themselves. They will be sure to listen for talk about the individuals mentioned in the chase, and anyone talking about them who sounds like they know more will be followed and, if they dont meet anyone, grabbed and interrogated. Identities will not be revealed.

8 Knights will go on guard outside the castle, so we don't have to ask permission. They will perform searches etc, and report important people.

Myself and five knights will meet the noble who wants to see me in private. My men will be as unobtrusive as possible, as I don't want him to get annoyed at guards. After this meeting, I will approach the silvermists in person to ask about the chase, seeing as they were involved. (should I do this in PM, or will you handle it?

Nightime:

The 15 knights who were patrolling will guard our HQ, as will the 5 who were with me. They will make sure nobody sneaks up on us like the other night. They will keep hidden if possible, so we can grab anyone trying to watch us.

The 34 plainclothes and myself will alternate between taverns and public gatherings. I will stay in district 11. Same brief as for the daytime, except as there are more of us, we are more able to grab people. If the person we are grabbing seems more likely to be a plotter, we will follow them for longer to see if they meet anyone, and will travel in larger groups. If someone is being followed, the knights on them will rotate, so the mark doesnt see the same person following them.

In all cases, priority is given to the less reputable places. If nothing happens for a while, attention will be moved to others.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 7:54 am

Regarding talking to the Silvermists: Just make a post in the main thread, except if it troubles you that the Griffons will then be able to read it as well.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:33 pm

Whoops! At least my men shouldn't have revealed they are gauntlets, although Iskar will probably figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:47 am

I will try and grab the new person to investigate the murder.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:49 am

Azlanek, is it alright if TheCrom takes over the murder section?
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:56 am

Sure, that is fine. Do you want me to open a RP-Scene, or will he do that himself?
Back to top Go down
TheCrom
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:42 am

Azlanek wrote:
Sure, that is fine. Do you want me to open a RP-Scene, or will he do that himself?

Seeing as I haven't made any posts so far, and I'm not entirely sure how to, might be an idea if you open it!

Will I get access to any knowledge previous KoTEGs have had in the event?
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:02 am

Your character is acting under orders from mine, and seeing as mine is "in charge", fidelity's character will have been reporting to me. So i assume anything that OUR ORDER has found is fine to use, just make sure you don't take things from OOC and use them.

Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:52 am

Just remember that you can do pretty much anything, within reason. If you think that you can solve the murder faster (and it does need to be fairly fast, although that can just be RP'd) by slaughtering an entire household, or by sitting in a bar and listening, you can do it.

However you solve it, and whether you do at all, affects how we are seen by the King, and we get bonuses if we do well.

Other members might have input, and if something happens in the metagame, main event or something else that you disagree with, or if you have a good way to do something, say it.

Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 5:22 am

Just out of curiosity: Have you already made up your mind about what you are going to do with your new prisoners?
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 6:52 am

I think I will let them go, but make sure they are followed by my best trackers, to see where they go. As always, very important we dont lose them. Will allocate numbers in a bit.

Shady meetings = grab them and whoever they meet with.
Entering private buildings = watch all entrances and windows.
Speaking with guards = leaving quietly. Hopefully they don't know who we are.

Will consider how long to follow them for, I don't want to pull out just before they have a meeting.
Back to top Go down
TheCrom
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 1:08 am

Do I have any men available for my side of the investigation? No idea how many K/R were assigned to it previously.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:27 am

how many do you want?
Back to top Go down
TheCrom
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:56 am

Probably won't need too many considering you've got a bunch running round anyway... probably about 12 people would do, to be split into 3 groups of 4.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:22 am

right. 9 knights and 3 retainers are yours.

I will specify that 3 of your knights are good trackers.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 12:58 pm

Do you want my orders, or are things still being worked out?
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 8:34 am

Crom, your post is completely fine. If you want to be extra nice to me, you can add a summary of the actions at the bottom of your posts. Like:

3 Retainer (plaincloth) and 2 knights into district xx to do xy. This might help me once things becomes more complicated.

As I said, not really necessary; just a suggestion.

Tubby, please see the post in the main thread. Please describe what you want to do as detailed as possible. This is a sensitive matter and what you do might have dire consequences, so be smart about it Wink.

I know I said this before, but I am really glad the Gauntlet is now active in this event. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
TheCrom
Initiate

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 12:49 am

Azlanek wrote:
Crom, your post is completely fine. If you want to be extra nice to me, you can add a summary of the actions at the bottom of your posts. Like:

3 Retainer (plaincloth) and 2 knights into district xx to do xy. This might help me once things becomes more complicated.

As I said, not really necessary; just a suggestion.

Would it make it easier to put that here?

For the first set, here's the summary:

Three retainers (plain clothes) to tannery district. Mission: low profile search for Tassler/Red Hoods
Two knights to tannery district. Mission: low profile keep an eye on retainers
Three knights (trackers) to tannery district. Mission: patrol while looking for Tassler/Red Hoods, ready to react to new info

Two knights to City Guard. Mission: find city guard who found Morbren's body, question him (no roughness)

Sir Alexander (with two knights) to Aleyn Morbren. Mission: get information about Robert
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:14 am

Saeros' idea might work for this. Crom RPs his meeting and his character, and does an order sheet too. As this one is less time sensitive, it can be slowed down if there is a bit too much happening.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 12:08 am

Whoops, noticed I have more than one prisoner. I will deal with them in my orders.

Do I have any more info on what happened to the ranger my men beat up?

Also, did the other guy end up telling us anything?
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:15 am

Interrogations (done first): The thief, the other man we took.

8 armoured knights will return to the castle and patrol the courtyard. They will take the thief to the guards on the way.

40k plainclothes, same caution as previously applies, leaving early and quietly, preventing tails.
20 outside watching possible meeting places. Alleys, market areas, shops, inns. Suspicious activity will be noted, followed and grabbed if it doesn't look like they are going to meet with anyone else or do anything. Knights will attempt to listen in on conversations, but not if it might compromise them. Important//suspicious meetings are followed, same procedure as below.
20 inside those places, asking owners, inkeepers etc about ANYTHING we currently know: chase, assassins, KOTEG murder, fake guards etc. Those asking owners will be more experienced, and hopefully better at judging lies. When an owner has been asked, the asker will move on to another place, and other knights in the building will keep an eye on them. If we think they are lying, knights will watch the exits, and follow them if they try to leave. If they meet with someone, we will wait until they split up, grab the original man, and follow the new one. repeat until something important happens or they stop meeting. Any important seeming meetings will be watched until more men can arrive, then all present will be grabbed and interrogated.

As we are grabbing people, knights will surrender if caught by guards. Again, they will not reveal identities, and I will get them out later. Do not risk being killed. If interrogated, they will still not reveal their real identities. (They are supposed to be pretty tough men, right?)

Anyone that we grab are taken somewhere out of the way, not to our camp, and our men will not reveal their identities. If possible, hint at being Silvermists (hint, but do not actively reveal it), so it might affect them after this event is over. If the person was grabbed for a regular crime, don't pretend to be rangers, as we will have to turn them in anyway. I will work out who to release, keep and imprison next turn.

My character will be one of the men asking owners of establishments.

Summary: 8K castle
40K D11
20K inside
20K outside
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:27 pm

As soon as you are ready, please tell me what you do with the ranger after the questioning. As you might guess, this is kind of important to know for dealing with the action report of the Silvermists Wink.
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:52 pm

i'm going to keep him hidden and guarded until the event is done. We won't keep him in the camp, or anywhere that can be traced back to us. He will be in a locked room with no windows, he will have 2 guards, to make sure he doesn't escape when we feed him, etc. The guards are under orders not to mistreat him, or even speak to him. EXTREMELY important that they do not reveal their identity, or we are in a bit of trouble. If they mistreat him, it's a bit more obvious who we are, and they won't expect gauntlets to leave him alone.

I can't particularly trust that he is a ranger at all, and I don't want to risk anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Thread   OOC - Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC - Thread
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next