HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC - Underground

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fidelity
Knight

IC - Underground Empty
PostSubject: IC - Underground   IC - Underground EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:37 pm

I went into the tavern, and immediately headed upstairs. I opened the door with a key the bartender had given me, and stepped inside. It felt good to change into good regular clothing. I disliked wearing armor for a long period of time like I just had. I had even once wondered what it would be like to run at an enemy half naked, like the feared Fierdvain Berserkers did.

After getting the tabard on, I began to pull on the leather boots, then decided to rest. "These discussions will get little done in the time we have. Hopefully Bromr will be good. I'll send Talek to relieve tomorrow, he is better with his temper then most, and more familiar with the court." I took a short nap, then descended back down into the tavern.

Most of the drinkers had left, leaving only those with a more shadowy role in the world. I searched each of them with my eyes from where I was sitting. Maybe one would know, maybe one...

Last edited by Fidelity (Mat Cauthan) on Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

IC - Underground Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - Underground   IC - Underground EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:09 am

There still are a few patrons left in the tavern. A few of them, obviously seasoned drunkards sat sunken at the bar, begging the ugly barman for another round. Another was already laying face down on one of the tables to the right, snoring loudly. But in a dark both nestled into the corner of the tavern sat four rather gloomy figures, talking very quietly about something. Their clothing was dark and they were obviously armed. Mail armour, swords and travel-stained cloaks and tunics made them look like mercenaries or caravan guards. They eyed Sir Mat suspiciously as they beheld his tabard.
Back to top Go down
Fidelity
Knight

IC - Underground Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - Underground   IC - Underground EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:02 am

The men in the corner caught my eye. Most of the others in the tavern were drunkards with little else to focus on but the next mug. I could smell the vomit from where they were even from my position at the door. I rested my hand in the polished, dark pommel of my sword, hoping I wouldn't need it in the hours to come. With a deep breath, I headed over to where the men were.

I walked over to where they were, putting on a confident smile that hinted meanings. "Hale and well met, friends! I only say you and the drunkards over there, and I prefer not to have the company of a drunken mess. " Judging from the looks they were giving me, well...
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

IC - Underground Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - Underground   IC - Underground EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:55 am

They were not happy to see you. Hostile eyes switched to you upon your approach, hands unconsciously moved closer to swords or daggers. The men exchanged tense looks, before one of them, a scared, big fellow with a crooked nose, finally addressed you.

“Well, M'lord,” he began slowly, obviously not used to any form of etiquette. Yet his voice was strong and anything but submissive. “I fear you are a little late for seeking company. We were just finishing our last round. The Curfew bell will be rang soon and we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow. So, sorry to disappoint you, Sir knight. Maybe next time.”

It was not hard for you to read between the lines. Even though the ruffian was right about the curfew, his real message was much simpler: Get lost, we do not want you here.
Back to top Go down
Fidelity
Knight

IC - Underground Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - Underground   IC - Underground EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 11:43 am

I gave him a them look. It wasn't hard to see they just didn't want the company. My eyes turned flinty, I continued. "A friend of mine was recently killed in the streets. He was looted of armor, sword, shield, even his teeth. It seems that you would be the type that would know about this. So tell me, do you?" I let my hand rest on my sword, shaking my arm to let the telltale tinkle of mail float through the air.

The chain undershirt I never took off when I went out. More then once I club had been turned aside by it, but these men had no clubs, they had swords...
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

IC - Underground Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - Underground   IC - Underground EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 7:22 am

The mercenary almost jumped up at Sir Mat's words, but one of his comrades put his hand on his shoulder and kept him seated, slightly shaking his head.

“Don't Georl,” he black bearded man whispered under his breath. “We don't want any trouble with his kind.”

“But”

“Shhh! For once in your miserable life, listen to me!”

Georl sighed, and remained quiet. Instead of him the men opposite of him rose slowly. Compared to his friends he was almost handsome, with a strong chin and long blond hair. He smiled uneasily at the knight.

“Excuse my friend Georl here. But although we are simple men, we don't like to be insulted. We are swords for hire, knight, and good enough at that to make a living. We don't know anything about pickpockets and scum haunting the streets.”
Back to top Go down
Fidelity
Knight

IC - Underground Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - Underground   IC - Underground EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 8:29 am

Georl. So that was his name... "Well, Georl. I'm sure that I don't want a whole lot of trouble with you, either. If you can't answer my question, then at least direct me to someone who would know about this? It is hard to make it as a mercenary without certain questions, and I'm sure we both know that. I worked in your line for a while, too."

I gestured outwards toward the door. "So, tell me. Give me a suggestion as to who I should meet."
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

IC - Underground Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - Underground   IC - Underground EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:04 am

Georl glanced nervously at his comrades. You could see his mind racing. Then, after a few moments, he looks at you again.

“Like my friend said,” He grumbled. “We are not that kind of sellswords...but IF I was trying to find out something about anything shady, I would talk to a man named Tassler. I do not know with who he is in bed with, but he is well connected. Rumour has it he sometimes acts as some kind of enforcer for the red hoods, but he also has a few men on his own. I would not go to him, though. The man is an animal.”

Just in that moment, the curfew bell was sounded and the innkeeper announced that he will close for the night.

The mercenaries rose, slowly, still suspiciously eyeing the knight.

“Last time I heard, Tassler lived near the tannery at the southern wall,” Georl said. “That is all I can tell you. Now stand aside. We need to get going.”
Back to top Go down
Fidelity
Knight

IC - Underground Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - Underground   IC - Underground EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 9:13 am

"Why thank-you, Georl! Your company was most enjoyed." Mat stood aside and waved them out, then slumped down in the chair. He stood up and headed to his room, getting his crossbow and gathering the Gauntlets he had brought with him, three.

"We are going to go talk to a man called Tassler. I was told that he may have connections with whatever halfass killed one of our brothers," he said. "I was also told he... Has connections with the Red Brotherhood, so pay attention. Keep your shields up, watch for crossbowmen on the roofs around where he is. Stay alert!" He heaved the crossbow off his shoulder, carrying the monster of a thing in his hands. "You keep a bolt from hitting me, and I'll make sure another one doesn't come."

He waved the men to form around him, and they walked out of the tavern.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

IC - Underground Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - Underground   IC - Underground EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 3:56 am

Two guard patrols meet you on your way to the southern wall, attracted by the sound of your march, but they led you pass once they notice who you are. You notice though that one of the patrols seems to stick around.

You arrive near the south wall. The streets are dark and deserted.
Back to top Go down
Fidelity
Knight

IC - Underground Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - Underground   IC - Underground EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 pm

Mat flashed a glance towards the street behind him, and saw the shadows of the Guard patrol behind him. "They just keep on following us... Tam, try to keep an eye on them. Now, lets go find that house those mercenaries mentioned to us." I don't like the feeling of this. This is city, not a ghost town...
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

IC - Underground Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - Underground   IC - Underground EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:30 pm

Since it is well past curfew, the deserted streets do not come as a surprise. You are at the south wall, near the tannery district. Almost any house could be the one you seek. Unfortunately, the mercenaries were not able to provide you with very detailed information. Faint light can still be seen behind a few of the windows, though.
Back to top Go down
Fidelity
Knight

IC - Underground Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - Underground   IC - Underground EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 12:30 am

"I don't want to storm a house that has innocents in it," Mat chuckled. "Well, head for the one that still has its lamps lit. The Brotherhood seems to be a type that stays up during the night..."
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

IC - Underground Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - Underground   IC - Underground EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:50 am

Your knights approach one of the buildings nearby. They have to knock on the door repetitively before a shy male voice answers from within. The man seems to be to afraid to cooperate though and when a female voice near the window informs the man that there are Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet waiting before the door, it only intimidates the man further. He refuses to open the door and falls into a frightened mantra, asking you to leave him and his family alone. He is causing quite a scene. It is only a matter of time before it is going to draw attention to your investigation.
Back to top Go down
Fidelity
Knight

IC - Underground Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - Underground   IC - Underground EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 6:43 am

"What the hell... This is ridiculous," Mat muttered. Raising his voice, he called. "Look, I want to talk to you, OK? If you have nothing to hide, then there should be no problem in letting us three under your roof. We're not here to take your wife or children, we only want to talk."

OOC: I have no idea what to do right now... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

IC - Underground Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - Underground   IC - Underground EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:02 am

The door does not look very solid. Clearly nothing that could really stand in your path. Still, the man seems to completely rely on its protection and seems to be almost paralysed with fear. His voice fails him after a high pitched screech. Afterwards you can only hear pathetic whimpering.

[Ooc:]Don't worry. I did not give you much to work with, but this was intended. I mean you arrived in the city, chose a random inn and basically hoped for some lucky find. You now have a vague lead that you can pursue, but I never intended for it to be doable in one night. The city has quieted down for the night and chances of progressing quickly or gaining new intel are rather slim without knowing exactly where to go. The event will probably last for six or seven days. So you have plenty of time left for further investigation and new ideas.
Back to top Go down
Fidelity
Knight

IC - Underground Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - Underground   IC - Underground EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 11:55 pm

Mat gave the door a disgusted glare. "Get out of here... I don't want to kick down a door while that guards watch is watching us, and I doubt that a cowering whelp will have much to say." He shouldered his crossbow and stomped his feet. "Lets just continue down the road and keep a lookout. The tannery district has to be somewhat large, those places reek to high heaven." He left the door, marking it down in his mental map of the city. Afterwords, he walked down the road. "Lets see if we can lose that guard patrol. Can't do nothing with those guys breathing down or necks."
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

IC - Underground Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - Underground   IC - Underground EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:59 am

Your knights follow you into the black of night, the sound of their march echoing from the cold stones of the street. Despite their superior constitution and training, you have a hard time outrunning the guards due to your much heavier equipment. You venture deep into the tannery district before you feel like you have finally lost your trail. Still, you cannot help but feel as if you are being watched. One of your knights spins around at one point, his gaze scanning the street behind you. He claims that he has heard something, although he is everything but certain after you ask whether he is sure or not. Nothing moves in the night, just the sound of a bird reaches you from one of the nearby rooftops. A dog barks in the distance and the faint sounds of approaching men in armour reaches your ear. You did not know whether it was really the same guard patrol, but It was only a matter of time, before the men, whoever they were, would notice your presence.
Back to top Go down
Fidelity
Knight

IC - Underground Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - Underground   IC - Underground EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 11:21 pm

The soft clinking of armor behind them, Mat looked around hopelessly. "This is... I probably shouldn't have trusted those mercenaries. Damnit." He stared around, at the empty houses and abandoned storehouses. His ears again heard the clomp of boots on cobblestone. "That patrol is way to persistent, like it wants to know here we are even if we go far out of its location. Come over here, get down. We're going to confront them."
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

IC - Underground Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - Underground   IC - Underground EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 2:26 am

You hide with your knights in one of the dark alleyways, ducking behind some crates and empty barrels. It does not take long for the patrol to arrive and you indeed recognize a few of the faces from earlier. The men are visibly startled when you and your men move from the shadows to confront them. They shy away from you and exchange uneasy glances, as you demand an explanation why they were following you.

After a few, lingering moments, a man with grey temples and a nasty scar steps forward, clearly unhappy about his new position as spokesman.

“I apologize, my lord. It is just...your order has a certain reputation and the reeve ordered us to stay close in case you needed any assistance. Also...we figured that close to you would be one of the safest places during the night, in case the rumours were true.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IC - Underground Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC - Underground   IC - Underground Empty

Back to top Go down

IC - Underground
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath :: Missions :: Trouble in the East :: Ebony Gauntlets Camp-
Jump to: