HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC - The Dukes Study

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

IC - The Dukes Study Empty
PostSubject: IC - The Dukes Study   IC - The Dukes Study EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 5:39 am

It was late at this time but given the parade tomorrow Sir Kamos had to talk to the Duke about safety precautions. While he could understand the sentiment this was going to make things much more difficult for a time.

Walking swiftly along through the corridors he headed for the Dukes study, he stopped for a moment to get one of his retainers to send a message before continuing along. He reached the study to see some of his Knights at the door, they saluted and Sir Kamos entered. Finally he was before the Duke.

"My Lord I have come to discuss the security measures I would like to take tomorrow at the parade and I'd like to know what you're men will be doing if possible. This is going to be very risky my Lord, I really wish there was another way to put the people at ease."
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: IC - The Dukes Study   IC - The Dukes Study EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:06 am

The Duke's study was plainly furnished. Most of the space was occupied by books and maps of the region. The Duke himself sat behind a large oak desk. He looked tired, but smiled kindly at Sir Kamos as he entered, offering him to take a seat.

“Ah yes, Sir Kamos. I was expecting you. I am sorry that Duke Darlion had to depart on such short notice, although I am sure you are just as capable of dealing with this matter as he is. Still.”

He Duke allows himself to sigh, searching in vain for something on his table.

“The parade, yes. I can imagine how this is a small nightmare to you. Let me be plain, it is the same to me. Even in prosperous times such a parade is a delicate endeavour, and frankly, these are no prosperous times. As you probably know the marchlands, like the rest of Sarleon, have suffered immensely under the unification war. The campaigns have been brutal. Much of the countryside was ravaged and pillaged. Bandits and brigands are everywhere and with the law of halves in place, I have barely enough men left to sustain some resemblance of order, especially not since many of the now unemployed soldiers have only bolstered the brigands numbers. Then, there also is Marleon...”

Alamar drifted off into gloomy thoughts for a few moments, before he shook his head and snapped out of it.

“As it is, I cannot control the whole main road for the duration of the parade. Thusly, my man will be busy surrounding the procession with a shield wall on all sides, keeping the crowd from getting too close. What archers I can spare will be positioned on the rooftops along the road. After the first line of soldiers will walk the marching band and behind that will come myself, Lord Caranthir, his man Zeero and your comrade Sir Orlando, the prominent sons of the marches. Next will be the Silvermists squad departing for the woods and after that whatever knights the orders can spare for the procession.”

Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: IC - The Dukes Study   IC - The Dukes Study EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:07 am

"If I may suggest my Lord having a few more of my Knights with Sir Orlando, while he will certainly shine in the spotlight..."

Sir Kamos looked down and gave a light chuckle

"Having a few more shields at a horseback level wouldn't hurt."

Raising his head back up he looked directly at the Duke to continue back to business oriented resolve.

"Furthermore what I plan is to have my the rest of my Knights marching along the streets flanking the parade slightly ahead of you. Sir Azrael will lead my men on the left and Sir Ibram will lead the men on the right. Meanwhile my retainers will be in a constant rotation searching the buildings ahead of you, or keeping a close eye into them. When inspecting a building they will stay until you have passed then ride a horse to the farthest off unwatched building.

While tiresome this should maximize the security we can get with our current manpower available. With the Silvermist acting as counter archers and your men maintaining a strict guard around you it should be about as safe as we can make it.

What do you think my Lord?"

Last edited by Kamos on Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: IC - The Dukes Study   IC - The Dukes Study EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 8:17 am

Duke Alamar did not respond immediately. He took his time, his gaze going right through Sir Kamos as if he were not even there, one of his hands busy twirling his beard. Almost a minute past in this manner, before the Duke finally broke his silence with a long sigh.

“I think I have made the right decision by asking His Majesty for his support.” He forced a smile. “You plan is wise, good Sir. But please, tell your men to go easy on the population. This is meant to put them at ease, after all.”

He reached for a goblet of wine and drank deeply.

“Can I count on you to inform the other orders of your plan? Oh, and please make sure to keep this Sir Ibram as far away from me and my family as possible. He has presented himself as an insolent, arrogant thug so far and I will not suffer his presence any more than I already did.”
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: IC - The Dukes Study   IC - The Dukes Study EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 12:03 pm

Sir Kamos smiled honestly

It's good to see you care about the people my Lord, some I've met in the past aren't so kind.
You won't have to worry about my people getting rough I only intend for them to keep their eyes looking into peoples, specifically by the windows, when it comes to multi floor buildings it may see them enter depending on the ability to strike from higher floors. And for thatt we have your men on the roof and the Silvermist on the ground.

I shall have my men carry on the plans and respect your request regarding Sir Ibram.
Enjoy your evening my Lord.

With that Sir Kamos beat his right hand to his heart and gave a partial bow to depart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC - The Dukes Study   IC - The Dukes Study Empty

Back to top Go down

IC - The Dukes Study
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath :: Missions :: Trouble in the East :: Griffon Camp-
Jump to: