Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Craig the Lame

Go down 
+14
Fidelity
Sir Aranor
MitchyMatt
Iskar
Lokloklok
Daedr0th
Centurion1
MordKaiser87
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Saeros
SimplePlan96
Sir Laralthir
Psychozoa
spartan012
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Laralthir
Initiate
Sir Laralthir

Craig the Lame - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Can you heal my eyes from the ugly sights of the Noldor? My sword needs some Noldor blood on it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialmovement.com/forums/index.php
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:30 pm

Setting fire to the forest is actually a good idea. It might work.

Of course, the noldor survivors would be forced to migrate to the kingdom. We've seen this before. We can call this phenomenon "barbarian invasion" Smile
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 5:00 pm

Oh, well, just watch when your men go to set the wood to fire, and all of the sudden they have an arrow in their eyes per man. Or, you see five thousand noldor running out of the forest on horseback, killing your whole order to the last man and then continuing to conquer all of Pendor Razz
Back to top Go down
Fidelity
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:39 pm

Astrea's wrath will be called down upon them and they will all die! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:44 pm

Astraea seems to be quite ...indecisive lately with an increasing number of quarreling groups claiming to serve her.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:00 pm

Soon they will start calling her "Astraea Dawniana", "Astraea Nova Dawniana", "Astraea Euentidiana", "Gauntletiana"and so on. Then she will become different godesses. Unless they start an inquisition - with 1400 members the Dawn can easily do this. Imagine sending one knight and 20 retainers to every village, making sure they do the "right thing"...

I'm really curious about the future of Pendor.
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:54 am

we all know you just worship the noldor....
Back to top Go down
Aldric of Marleons
Knight
Aldric of Marleons

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:57 am

It's not really much as worship as it is respect. But tat's just my character. Don't know about the rest of the silvermist.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 7:04 am

The official lore provided by Mordred says that there are some who regard the Noldor as so highly refined beings that they take the strife to befriend them and adopt their ways as substitute for a religion. Most however just admire their skills wisdom and work towards a lasting peace and perhaps even friendship between the Noldor and humanity.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 7:13 am

My character just wants their knowledge and the maintenance of interspecies peace.

Also, Silvermists seem to be the most neutral and down to earth order around, kind of like the legion: no excessive hatred, intolerance or fanaticism; no politics, nor courtly affectations; no distinction based on social status. The more religious orders tend to be very rigid with their members.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 7:15 am

They are not to be trusted, know that the Noldor ranger you sip tea with may have killed hundreds of humans, your kind, and doesnt give a damn about it, as a knight of the dawn I can not condone that.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 7:17 am

And Sir Aranor sips his tea with knights of the Dawn who not only probably but most certainly have burnt whole villages before he became grandmaster? How can he condone that?
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 7:17 am

saerossaeros wrote:
My character just wants their knowledge and the maintenance of interspecies peace.

Also, Silvermists seem to be the most neutral and down to earth order around, kind of like the legion: no excessive hatred, intolerance or fanaticism; no politics, nor courtly affectations; no distinction based on social status. The more religious orders tend to be very rigid with their members.

I can confirm this. While we have different religions represented in the legion, our only real "dislike" is that of the snake cult. Of course you would kind of dislike someone if they attacked your lands and order excessively. We have peasants and nobles in the legion also.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 7:27 am

Iskar wrote:
And Sir Aranor sips his tea with knights of the Dawn who not only probably but most certainly have burnt whole villages before he became grandmaster? How can he condone that?

what are you talking about? All of the knights who have committed atrocities are no longer... ill let you guess. Oh, there was a reason that Sir Roland was on a journey to Avendor. Think before you talk ranger.
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 7:28 am

saerossaeros wrote:

excessive hatred, check.
intolerance, check
politics, double triple quadruple check
courtly affectations, most certainly everyone does
social status, big deal i along with quite few of my men are simple peasants.

Anyone who decides they are neutral and down to earth is usually anything but.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 7:33 am

Centurion1 wrote:
Anyone who decides they are neutral and down to earth is usually anything but.
Damn you, now you got us. Alright, I confess: All we want is power, by all means, and you will all end as Noldor slaves! Twisted Evil

Razz
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 7:38 am

saerossaeros wrote:

Religious orders are rigid because we have a purpose that cannot be strayed away from, we have a job that average people cannot fulfill.

Your "order" has a goal of what? Befriending the Noldor? But your trying to help peasants and kill heretics! If thats your goal what are you doing befriending the Noldor? Pick a goddamn mission and do it.

Plus, your order cannot fill the job of killing heretics as well as any other order can, I have never heard of any ranger veering to far from the woods of Laria, my knights have traveled all over Pendor, striking evil where we can, until recently, we were probably the most spread out order. now we operate in only Fierdsvain and Sarleon lands.

Now, I know what your gonna say, some stupid comment about my orders history with fire and my orders perception of justice, weve moved past that, just as your noldor "friends" have moved past killing people. You don't like it when I bring up the Noldor's past with killing innocents, so how about don't be a hypocrite and stop mentioning burning villages. I mean really, its very distasteful for normal conversation.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 7:58 am

Now that i think about it, There are not any orders that do not have some sort of goal besides serving the king. ALL of us have other motives. The dawn and eventide, while on different sides of the coin both SAY they serve Astrea. (I don't know enough of either to know if they actually do.) The ebony gauntlets want to protect peasants. The silvermists want to befriend and protect the noldor. And i would be lying if i said the legion didn't want to destroy all of the Snake cult. Forgive me if i read anyone order wrong here. Just my viewpoint of course, if i'm wrong go ahead and tell me.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 8:02 am

No your right, the Dawn serve the king because he is Astrea's chosen one. As long as he fulfills the prophesy the Dawn will stand by him at the end of the day.
And is destroying the Snake cult the shadow legion's purpose?
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 8:05 am

Sir Aranor wrote:
No your right, the Dawn serve the king because he is Astrea's chosen one. As long as he fulfills the prophesy the Dawn will stand by him at the end of the day.
And is destroying the Snake cult the shadow legion's purpose?

It is of course to serve the king, But killing the snake cult is kind of a self imposed mission within the legion.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 8:07 am

Actually, the Legion's goal is to restore the glory of the Baccus Empire, in whatever form that may now take.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 8:10 am

which is somewhat traitorous depending on how you read into it.

and obviously im not going to lie the gauntlets want to defend the peasantry and the realm from the noldor first and foremost and other threats are secondary.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 8:11 am

Well i didn't know if that was a secret or not, so i just went with destroying the snake cult.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 8:11 am

I know your order's purpose is to serve the king, I was just asking what was the mission the legion was founded on.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 8:13 am

Sir Aranor wrote:
I know your order's purpose is to serve the king, I was just asking what was the mission the legion was founded on.

Now that i know it's not a secret, it's to restore glory to the Baccus empire, which could be many things. Could be Reforming it, ect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craig the Lame   Craig the Lame - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Craig the Lame
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath :: Sarleon :: The Den of Iniquities-
Jump to: