IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident Empty
PostSubject: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 10:52 pm

On the next morning an rather unpleasant rumour is going around in the castle. One of the servants has overheard a fiery conversation between two of the Duke's guests last night and has indiscreetly gossiped about it. Apparently, Sir Humphrey Weasely, a minor knight of the realm had felt offended by the behaviour of a certain Sir Ibram and boasted about how much he would enjoy to shut up this insolent loud-mouth. It was only a matter of time before everyone within the castle would know.
Back to top Go down
Hetzau
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:50 am

Sir Ibram, during his idle walks around the castle, notes with displeasure the hushed voices and pointed stares of servants and nobles alike. After learning of the knight and his offense through his usual brute force - intimidation and a few choice words with a servant about their employability - Sir Ibram makes his own distaste well-known. He promptly demands an audience with the Duke, all but barging in on him if needs be with barely a trace of civility - his status and position used as a battering ram if needs be, frothing with indignation and retribution.

"I'll call the braggart out, do you hear? I say, this no-name piss-ant upstart thinks he can teach me a lesson, does he? I demand you make the jumped-up bastard retract his slur and leave or I'll settle this in your damned courtyard. If the jolly little shit thinks he can sully the honour of the King's Own, I'll take his head and have it couriered back to whatever cesspit he came from!"

A pause.

"Your grace."

Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:46 am

Sir Ibram forces his way through too fast and determined for anyone to stop him. Within seconds he stands within the Duke's study. Duke Alamar is startled at first, but then a certain tension and anger appears in his features. He looks past Sir Ibram, to the guards at the door, clearly displeased by the knight's intrusion.

[ooc:] Since the Griffons already guard the family, other members can feel free to rp the reactions of the guards if they want to. Just assume there are two random Griffon knights. I will wait for roughly a day before I continue with the Duke's reaction. See this as a chance to defuse the situation.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:00 am

One of the Dukes guards, Sir Hawthorn, comes in the room closely behind Sir Ibram although to late to stop him. A feeling of dread comes across him as the Knight speaks and he looks to the ground rather embarrassed about the whole thing. He looks up with a worried face and speaks.

"Sir.. Sir Ibram you're not supposed to be in here!.. Much less unannounced and so discourteously!"
Back to top Go down
Hetzau
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:33 am

Unperturbed by the readily apparent displeasure of the Duke, he barks out his demands undaunted. The tremulous voice behind him causes him to start, whipping around on the Knight, ignorant of the content of the voice - only the tone and presumable motive.

"I'll not leave this damned study until I am satisfied, do you hear? This is a matter of honour, sir, and some popinjay nobody by the name of Weasley,-" he pauses, snorting his bitter reproach of the name, "-thinks he can sully it? I'm calling him out, old boy."

He shifts his weight, glaring right back at the Duke, flared nostrils and foreboding scowl straining his refined features.

"I demand satisfaction, sir. I will not be refused."
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:13 am

Duke Alamar sighs as it becomes clear to him that he would not be able to escape Sir Ibram's presence before replying to his demands. Yet at first he does not reply, but slowly walks to his desk to fill a goblet with some thin wine. He takes his time. Every move is conducted with care and attention, in an almost meditative fashion, meant either to calm himself down or just to make the infuriated knight wait. He sips faintly at his drink, favouring the taste on his tongue, before he transferred his gaze back to the entrance and his unexpected 'guest'.

“I bid you a good morning as well, Sir knight,”
he starts, his voice and face void of all emotions. “From what you have said I gather that you have also heard the servant's gossip and chose to take it for the truth? Very well then, I am certain you have made sure that the accusations you make are solid, and have pondered on whether you might have given any reason to be the receiver of an offence like this; after all we all wise men of noble blood here, are we not, and not easily angered by inferior tongues. Surely you agree that no such man would come to me unannounced on such a busy and important day without sufficient cause or prove. If anyone dared to do so, or even possessed the insolence to show this kind of behaviour repetitively, the hand of any honourable man would be forced to intervene promptly and decisively in this matter. Luckily, this is beyond the standards of nobility.

As for your demands that 'will not be denied' as you put it so humbly and respectfully, I have of course, as a man well taught in tradition and protocol, no intention of denying you the respect you deserve. Sir Humphrey Weasely will be informed about your demands and will meet you in the great hall in one hour to give you his answer. Now, if you excuse me, I have other matters to attend to.”

The Duke summons a servant and tasks him with carrying the word to Sir Weasely, as well as letting Sir Kamos know that his Grace expects him to join him in his study as soon as possible; as he puts it – to discuss urgent matters.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 6:04 am

A short while later Sir Kamos came striding into the room, confused as to why he had been summoned. Then he saw why.
Sir Ibram stood in the study with the Duke. That alone was enough to increase his dread tenfold and cause him to put his hand on eyes eyes and rub gently. Completing his self pity he looked up.

"What is it you wish to speak of my Lord?"

As if he didn't already know.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 6:42 am

Duke Alamar welcomes Sir Kamor with a nod.

"Welcome, Sir Kamos. I thank you for following my call so swiftly, however - "
His eyes briefly switch to Sir Ibram, smiling insincerely. “What I have to tell you is best discussed in private.”
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 7:16 am

Sir Kamos looked to Sir Ibram

"Yes Sir Ibram, go wait in the hall until I am done here."
Back to top Go down
Hetzau
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 12:24 am

A sour expression smears itself across the high-born features of the broiling knight, stampeding back-and-forth across the Duke's threshold throughout his disparging speech, littered with nuance as it is. His mailed fist grinds itself over the hilt of his sword with a fierce possession, utterly unabashed by the implications of such a reckless and hot-headed accusation.

"My honour is not of sufficient cause for this visit, Duke? Where the devil is this going? The King would understand my position, the King would have been supportive of my decision." He succiently jabs a finger in the direction of the powerful arisocratic. "Make no mistake, Duke, we are both unhappy with this appointment - but you should, perhaps, be more appreciative of the fact that the King's best is assigned to oversee your safety. Mark my words, sir. The King will hear of this slight."

Satisfied - if such a concept could even be conceived by the incensed griffon - Sir Ibram stiffly turns on his heel, furrowing his brow at Kamos' presence, pausing ever so briefly to seethingly hiss at his superior.

"I expect you to act as my second at the duel, marshal."

Without further delay, he tears his way out of the Duke's study as instructed, his plated feet booming, raising a hand to smack any servant who crosses his path.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 12:04 am

[Azlanek: To progress a little faster I will just put out the Duke's thoughts, rather than trying to simulate an actual conversation. Feel free to comment on this in your ooc thread.]

Duke Alamar watches the departure of Sir Ibram with some satisfaction. After the knight is gone he gulps down the rest of this drink and returns the goblet to his table. He sighs and turns towards toward Sir Kamos, smiling gently.

“I will try not to hold this little incident against you. It is quite obvious that you are not to blame and that he acted on his own. Even though he is your responsibility as his superior, ultimately every man is responsible for his own actions. Still, we have more urgent matters to deal with than this man's pride. What a foolishness! Have you met Sir Humphrey? He is all but a boy! The only reason he already is a knight is that everyone else of his line managed to get killed in the war!
He is also a romantic,”
Alamar goes on. “He will defend his honour, even though he does not stand a chance against a man like Ibram. One bloody mess this is... . Do you see any way out of this?”

“Regardless of how this tuns out, though, I have a favour to ask of you. I could not help but notice that you have brought quite the retinue of knights with you, probably more than you need to secure the castle. Am I right?
Believe me when I say that my loyalty belongs to the crown and to the people of the marches. I have no intention of breaking the king's law, nor to disobey his orders. But the sad truth is; I need men. The roads are no longer safe. Fewer and fewer people have the courage to travel. Commerce is suffering, goods often do not reach their final destination. I have done what I could to stop this, but I simply do not have the resources at my disposal to make things right. Between the Law of Halves and the decline of the Clarion Call, I have barely enough men left to keep the peace in and around Laria. My vassals are either too old, too inexperienced or too self-absorbed to be able to deal with the situation. We need help, Sir Kamos. Your help.

Now, Sir Ibram surely is a man that, how shall I put it...leaves a lasting impression. By the gods! Even my own daughter things that there is something about him. If it were not for his charming demeanour, she might have found herself actually liking him! Yes, imagine that. I am sure there is a reason for Ibram being part of your order, but seeing that it probably is not because of his delicate sense for diplomacy, I suspect, no I hope that he makes up for it when he is on the battlefield. I do not need men like him inside my castle, Marshal. I need them our there, protecting my people!

You and your knights are considered captains of the royal army. You can go out there and raise militias where I am bound to do nothing. I am not asking you to raise an army to fight my battles for me, nor do I plan on taking over these warriors after your departure, you have my word. Just show the people how to defend themselves. Use their courage to cut those bandits down to size.

While you are at it, would you mind telling me a little more about Sir Orlando? Is he dependable, honourable, would you trust him with your most precious possession? Why I am asking this? Well, my daughter has requested that he will be assigned her personal bodyguard. I am sure you understand my concerns.

Other than that. Are your men prepared for the parade?”
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 5:24 am

Sir Kamos stopped to think for some time.

Sir Ibram is a stubborn man, arrogant and foolhardy for sure. I don't believe I can persuade him to back down from this fight but I will try and insure that the boy will live without permanent injury. I will hope that it ill be reasonable enough for him to accept, whether as a request or an order if need be.

Sir Orlando? He is charismatic and passionate as you no doubt have seen. He is quite upbeat and joyous as well when duty doesn't demand otherwise.
As for his sense of duty... It is difficult to pin. He will follow orders but if he feels strongly enough he will disobey orders, hence why he is my predecessor as Marshal. I would trust him so long as I was sure he didn't have any powerful conflicting feelings. To guard your daughter? I would trust him, though he will have business to attend after the parade that would... clear and focus his mind to the objectives. After that I would trust him wholeheartedly.

On the note of the parade yes I do believe we will be ready.

Now as for your main concern that I have been avoiding thus far...

I am willing to aid you. However I will not spare more than six Knights from our defense and Sir Ibram in addition. It will not be many for what you have in mind but it is what I am willing to spare. The use of Sir Ibram in this mission will no doubt cause me an earache later but I do believe you are right that he could possibly light the fire in the hearts of militiaman.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 2:19 am

Duke Alamar nods thoughtfully.

“I see. Thank you for your honesty. Please talk with Sir Ibram, see if you can talk some sense into him. Tell Sir Orlando that he is free to conclude his affairs, but I am inclined to grant my daughter her wish, should Sir Orlando accept, and I expect to hear from him soon.

I am relieved you agreed to help me. I will not forget that, I assure you. I will see how many men I can spare after the parade. I am sure a few of the inexperienced, young nobles will jump at the opportunity to serve under a knight of the Griffon. By tomorrow, I should also have gathered the necessary reports, and be able to tell you where your men are needed the most.

That would be all for moment, Sir Kamos. Thank you.”
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 6:32 am

Very well I'll head to the main hall to conclude this business with Sir Ibram as best I can.

He bring his fist to his heart and gives a slight bow before leaving for the Grand Hall.

Upon arriving he sees the preparations for the duel in place and Sir Ibram is already there. Walking forward he speaks to him.

Congratulations Sir Ibram! Spoken positively dripping with sarcasm. He continued without giving a chance for response.
I didn't realize you were one for killing young orphan boys for being brash, as they often do when lacking parents. Interesting opponent considering you planned on doing this to improve your honor in the court. I imagine the stories of this atrocity will far outlast his words.

He awated a response.
Back to top Go down
Hetzau
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 8:32 am

Sir Ibram regards his marshal coldly, nostrils flaring as he paces back and forth infront of his superior, restless and confrontational. He sneers derisively in reply to the sarcastic tone and the condescending manner in which Sir Kamos speaks to him, coming up short infront of the knight. He jabs a finger into the armoured chest of the marshal with a clinking of steel-on-steel, growling veritably.

"You listen to me, marshal, and you listen well. I'll defend my honour should it be slurred from lordly prince to lowly squire. I give not two shits whether the runt is an orphan nor whether it is cause for his behaviour. After I thrash the little jumped-up bastard, I'll thrash every other bastard in the court who so much as looks at me wrong."

Without waiting for much of a reply, he curtly and without courtly conduct takes his leave, bellowing over his shoulder as he sets off to ready his gear.

"That thrashing extends to marshals, Sir Kamos. None appreciate me as the King does; but you'll keep your vipers tongue behind your teeth, sir. Your tone, marshal, is unbecoming. If I didn't know you better, Sir Kamos, I'd have taken offence and called you out for it."

(Sorry for the delay. School and real life got in the way.)
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Sir Kamos was irritated, very irritated. He would not be deterred from helping this boy, whether the boy wanted it or not.

He swiftly turned as Sir Ibram walked away and made his way directly to Sir Humphrey Weasely who was suiting up for the duel near the Grand Hall. He walked up rather swiftly with a sizable scowl on his face.

Sir Humphrey? I'd like to have a word with you concerning your duel. Namely the fact that I wish to fight it on your behalf.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 12:18 am

The “boy” is visibly nervous and confused when Sir Kamos approaches him.

“But...you are Sir Kamos, are you not?” Sir Humphrey stutters with great admiration. “Why would you suggest such a thing? I..I really appreciate your concern, but I am no coward. I will not shame my families name by allowing others to fight my battles...”

You can see in the young knight's eyes that nothing would make him happier than not to fight Sir Ibram himself, but even more than Sir Ibram he fears the thought of dishonour.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 7:10 am

Sir Ibram is a Knight Griffon and Captain of the Royal Guard. He is a very skilled warrior, better than most in fact and there's no shame in admitting to that. But he has a short temper and this sort of personal honor should be beneath him as a representative of the King. As his superior I feel it is my responsibility to protect you from him.

He looked up for a moment then brought his view back to Sir Humphrey then relaxed is demeanor. Letting his arms hang to his sides and softening his gaze by removing the scowl.

And honestly as a decent man I feel responsible to protect you from him. You have responsibilities to help the people around Laria who really need you. Fighting Ibram would be a waste of your potential to really do some good around here, the Duke needs people like you. So please let me fight in your stead as you have greater things to do!
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 7:15 am

It seemed like Sir Humphrey was only an inch away from agreeing to Sir Kamos' proposal, but still one thought plagued him.

"Even if what you say is true...would I not still be a coward for agreeing to this?"
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 8:50 am

He raised an eyebrow. Cowardice had always seemed a strange notion to him. Why fight when you cannot win? You do more when you live.

It is not cowardice to avoid an impossible fight. It's simply good judgment, or wisdom that's characteristic of a great man who knows precisely when to fight and when not to. Cowardice is when you flee unreasonably and I would say, as a man of some experience, that this is not a situation that grants such a title. Not to anyone with some sense.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:24 pm

The young knight sighs, long and tormented. He looks at Sir Kamos with inquiring eyes. At last he nods.

“I bow to your logic Sir Kamos,” he says quietly, his voice frail and sad and Sir Kamos can not help but think that something inside the boy has just died. “If you truly want to fight in my place, I will not deny the Marshal of the Griffons this wish. Thank you.”
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 3:03 am

A wave of relief washed across Sir Kamos. A smile came onto his face and he put his hand on Sir Humphrey's shoulder.

I should be thanking you as you've put my heart at ease this day.
Maybe someday in the future you can train with the Griffons and maybe even ride with them, if but for a time. For now once this business is concluded feel free to try sparing with my off duty Knights here in the grand hall in a more friendly manner. You shouldn't have to worry about Sir Ibram as he'll have duties elsewhere.

He removes his hand from Sir Humphrey's shoulder and signals two Knights in the hall to fetch his armor for him. His weapon was already present.
Back to top Go down
Hetzau
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:18 am

Sir Ibram storms out of his chambers and through the castle, pausing only to backhand a servant out of his way, his plated feet crunching against the courtyard cobblestone as he strains his neck from side-to-side. A helmet in the crook of one arm and the other resting against the pommel of his sword lazily, he glares about himself, trying to ascertain who might be the young Sir Humphrey.

"Come out, braggart! Come out and face cold steel!" He bellows self-assuredly, threatening to unravel the elegance of his groomed moustache and goatee.

"My honour demands satisfaction."
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:07 am

I'll be ready in a moment Sir Ibram.

He was finishing strapping on his armor with the help of another Knight.

I fight as Sir Humphrey's Champion.
Back to top Go down
Hetzau
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:26 am

Sir Ibrams booming voice and self-assurance falters ever-so-briefly, taking in the marshals words with some disdain, screwing his high-born features into a contemptuous, loathsome scowl.

"You'll do what? Champion? Hah! The little cowardly shit hides behind greater men, I see. A great man whom I shall lay low. Have it your way, Sir Kamos. The next time you see my face, marshal, it will be from the flat of your back."

Without further ado, the pompous knight brushes back his already slick, cropped hair and slams his helmet down atop his head, snapping the visor shut with a thud of finality. He flexes his gauntlet testily, before tearing his longsword free from its scabbard, swinging it before him hissingly. Satisfied with the weight of the sword and his armour-joints, he takes a moment, pausing to rally his rage. He barks out a question, sardonic.

"To the death, marshal?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident   IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident Empty

Back to top Go down

IC-Scene: An Rather Unfortunate Incident
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath :: Missions :: Trouble in the East :: Griffon Camp-
Jump to: