Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OOC Thread: For This Mission

Go down 
+8
Aldric of Marleons
MitchyMatt
Rec0n412
Azlanek
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Iskar
Curanthir
mp84
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 4:42 am

That is likely the last of the battle itself, so you just need to decide how to deal with the Kral / Krom now and then i'll do a round up and calculate the casualties. After that, its up to your Grandmasters to compose a report to the King.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:21 pm

Hey, sorry. I'm following the story but I've had no time to think about something to write. My laptop with this month's research was stolen and I'm not quite in the mood for anything besides breaking the knees of whoever did this.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:06 am

Hey everyone,

my character has just called for you because I fear he may already have exceeded his competence to a certain degree by the way he gave orders during the battle and making concessions in front of the krom and kral guards other than that their lives will be spared is surely beyond his authority.

Perhaps we can discuss here what to do with the prisoners-to-be (shown as whispering in the RPG) so that in the end one of us can tell them our decision.

Though my character is only a constable, I dare utter a suggestion: the former jatu steppes are now mostly empty and not claimed by any lord. this land could be made arable by those men. that way no lord has to make free land of his own and cultivating the steppes is also a good means of keeping the jatu at bay on the long run. because of the latter this might also appeal to the king.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:36 am

@saerossaeros Oh man that has got to suck! Good knee-capping to you on that one Sad
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 3:13 pm

Iskar wrote:
Hey everyone,

my character has just called for you because I fear he may already have exceeded his competence to a certain degree by the way he gave orders during the battle and making concessions in front of the krom and kral guards other than that their lives will be spared is surely beyond his authority.

Perhaps we can discuss here what to do with the prisoners-to-be (shown as whispering in the RPG) so that in the end one of us can tell them our decision.

Though my character is only a constable, I dare utter a suggestion: the former jatu steppes are now mostly empty and not claimed by any lord. this land could be made arable by those men. that way no lord has to make free land of his own and cultivating the steppes is also a good means of keeping the jatu at bay on the long run. because of the latter this might also appeal to the king.

Remember that those men have their balls cutted off. They can't breed on themselves thus they will die with no sons or daughters.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 7:57 pm

After the many years of war the population will grow again. When the land has been made arable by them one can start to slowly but steadily integrate families into their communities.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Perhaps we can convince the king to let them found a free city - tax paying, but independent from any lords or political alliances. I'm thinking of something in the style of the free cities of Westeros, by George Martin. The Silvermists could offer light border protection in exchange of recruits.

@ Mordred: It sucks indeed. If I do catch him I'll also break his fingers and cut his tendons.

Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:37 pm

Well, there could indeed be built a big town for the Veccavian men in the Jatu steppes for them. Perhaps in PoP 4 Laughing
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 3:15 am

Hmm, Pendor is still a feudal society and every walled centre to be constructed requires the king's permission and can only be held by a feudal lord. I doubt he will give his permission to build a city for released prisoners...

Shall we tell the krom and kral guards that we will speak on their behalf in the king's court and that we will try to find land they can build their farms upon?

Btw, how many of them are left, Mordred? If there are only several hundred of them left it won't be a problem to find a place for them to live, but if it's around 2000 to 3000 of them (as I think) we really need a concept how they can be offered the opportunity to start a new life in Pendor before taking this matter to the court.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 3:20 am

As for children. I am sure there more than enough orphans in Pendor at the moment. Make the men adopt some of them and the future of the community could be secured. This way the men will leave behind something when they die, and not work for nothing.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 5:51 am

There is one more issue: How do you tidy up a battle field?

Do we leave all corpses to rot in the sun? Do we bury our fallen comrades and leave the Veccavi to rot? Do we burn the dead? Burn only our dead? Burn the Veccavi and bury ours? Do we even take the corpses of our fallen comrades with us to bury them in our orders' crypts?

Well, you know what I mean. So what to do?
Back to top Go down
Aldric of Marleons
Knight
Aldric of Marleons

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 7:35 am

We bury our own. We can't burn our dead with the Veccavi. It's wrong to treat our fallen comrades this way. They deserve a proper burial. The Veccavi, we can burn them and send them to hell. Twisted Evil The Krom and Kral that are dead, though, we should let the ones alive decide what to do with them.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:57 am

We could also erect a small graveyard, since the battlefield is so far away from the orders' holdings. I also thought about petitioning to built a monastery and/or a small monument there. Thought about calling it ''Duty's Rest'', as a reminder of all the knights who gave their lives in the defence of the Kingdom.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 9:40 am

That's a nice idea! We also need an epic name for the location...

Something like "The battle of Stormcliff Cove"... hmm, just a try, awaiting suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Curanthir
Grandmaster
Curanthir

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 9:53 am

"The Battle of Repel the Invaders" jk
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 10:07 am

Well, we could just ask to name the area as a whole duty's rest. As for the battle; Maybe the battle of flaming wrecks or the battle of twincliff. I like yours better, though, Iskar.
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:07 am

Has a decision been made yet about the prisoners?

If you're waiting on me, apologies. Since my mini-vacation was both less than relaxing and cut short, I decided to take yesterday off too.

I'll read through the thread in a bit.
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:37 am

Making a double post here:

Seems like you guys actually wrapped things up nicely yourselves.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 7:33 am

There you go, a wall of text good sirs in the thread.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 7:40 am

Are the numbers of 300 surviving krom and kral guards official? I should think we did not kill over 4000 of them during the battle, rather 2000 at most...
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 7:43 am

No, just the numbers that the Legion saw. The knights that chased down the retreating Kral/Krom know more, so i guess the Eventide can tell about those.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:33 am

And both Legion and Silvermists already left? Did you just take the rest of the Veccavi with you? We could do a little more Rp on that, as soon as we know how many of them are left. They probably need food and supplies after all, not to mention all the wounded who cannot move instantly.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:59 am

I thought of my last roleplay post as a wrap up of that in a sense.
The post said that the whole army (that is all orders present) and the prisoner train (guarded by the Legion as I thought) departed for Sarleon. I assumed all wounded were put on carriages or otherwise taken care of.
Of course we can roleplay the army's way to Sarleon, but I'd say the everyday organisation of a large army with prisoners is not the most thrilling of occupations...
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:09 am

Ah, I understand. Well, the Eventide probably won't be joining the rest. All I have left are 5 knights in fighting condition and around 70 auxiliaries which have been promised their freedom after the campaign is over, which it is. A few of them might be persuaded or even wish to continue to serve the Eventide, but most of them will depart for their homes. That leaves me with probably as many injured as healthy men and this scarce little force will probably wait until most of their comrades can ride again, and then return straight to Singal.
Back to top Go down
Curanthir
Grandmaster
Curanthir

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:20 am

And I left alone with my squad before anybody else. The rest of the Silvermists are helping with the prisoners and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC Thread: For This Mission   OOC Thread: For This Mission - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC Thread: For This Mission
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next