Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Manifest Destiny (Discussion)

Go down 
+24
Isabel Tenorio
Tubby McChubbles
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
MitchyMatt
Centurion1
Saeros
DiabloDude
Pravenstern
Iskar
Sir Aranor
Wolfarmin
dowpride
Azlanek
Ser Varys
Daedr0th
Curanthir
Slopsen
SimplePlan96
Lokloklok
Knight Silaric
Kamos
Psychozoa
Mordred
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:08 pm

They are extra. Consider them to be your commanders / heroes.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:34 am

Please remember to have your orders for the Meta-Game ready by Sunday! Start discussing it with your Orders now if you have not done so already, and create some form of strategy ready to go.

Iskar created this excellent example last week to help you collate the orders so that it is easy for me to understand and and implement your instructions : https://popaftermath.forumotion.com/t225-meta-game-examples
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 11:49 pm

All orders in Today please!
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 1:21 pm

Spoiler:

This month, the kingdom has been reletively quiet in the halls of the mighty.

The Order of the Griffon continues to consolidate their lands while sending troops to fortify their holdings in the D'Shar lands, territory also wanted by the Eventides but for the time being the two Orders seem to be treating their neighbours cordially.

The Shadow Legion continues to devour the Cez peninsula, taking the last remaining hex.

The Silvermists continue to consolidate the forests around and occupying the Jatu steppe.

The Order of Dawn continues to contract somewhat under internal influences, making very little in terms of territorial acquisition however there are rumours that the winds of war have begun to blow for the largest Order in Pendor.

The Gauntlet continue to carve a little spot in the overcrowded East, keeping a wary eye on their expansionist neighbours.

The Order of Eventide has continued to expand their presence in the lands of the D'Shar, having to share some land with the Griffons.

In the north, the Dragon continues to build up their borders, increasing the number of troops holding their borders, meanwhile there are reports of a major influx of people to the city of Ravenstern from the surrounding villages, making up for the dead after the siege no doubt.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 2:32 pm

damn griffons.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:05 pm

where did i go wrong,
i lost a hex,
somewhere along
in the strategy
and i, would have kept it,
for me all time,
had i known,
how to play manifest..

ode to eventide and SLC Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 10:05 pm

dowpride wrote:
damn griffons.
You honestly expect us to kneel down and praise you as the new "lords" of Highpass?
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 11:29 pm

no, but we want nal tar. i dont give a rats anus what you do in those mountains.
Back to top Go down
SimplePlan96
Knight
SimplePlan96

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:22 am

The Dawn have a shitload of problems....sad..
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:25 am

Pravenstern wrote:
dowpride wrote:
damn griffons.
You honestly expect us to kneel down and praise you as the new "lords" of Highpass?

I don't see us trying to attack High Pass fortress. We simply want Nal Tar, a D'shar city. (In origin)

You Griffons have little experience in the desert for an extended period of time, do not fight well in the desert, and do not know the people as well as we do.

I do not see any motivation in halting us from getting Nal Tar, except for greed and just to spite us. Considering we went for Nal Tar first, the greed factor can't exist, as it was shown that you wouldn't have a chance of getting it early. So, the only thing left is that you did it to spite the Eventide.
I never imagined the Griffons would sink to such a level Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:30 am

Ser Varys wrote:
Pravenstern wrote:
dowpride wrote:
damn griffons.

I don't see us trying to attack High Pass fortress. We simply want Nal Tar, a D'shar city. (In origin)

You Griffons have little experience in the desert for an extended period of time, do not fight well in the desert, and do not know the people as well as we do.

I do not see any motivation in halting us from getting Nal Tar, except for greed and just to spite us. Considering we went for Nal Tar first, the greed factor can't exist, as it was shown that you wouldn't have a chance of getting it early. So, the only thing left is that you did it to spite the Eventide.
I never imagined the Griffons would sink to such a level Laughing
You just did imagine that. Nal Tar isn't in a desert. You only know people in Singal (or do you really, I've heard they tend to lie a lot)because before this you pretty much kept there. As for our motives: I don't even kow.
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:34 am

It's about securing a position actually. While high pass is a fortress protected by mountains, it is only one hex. With three hexes in that region (As you will note, we are only going after two, while you are free to grab any other number of "D'shar" cities) we will have a secure position from which to do the king's business, without fear of that area being vulnerable to a quick strike from a knighthood that's gone rogue.

You however overextend yourself by reaching for the Nal-Tar region. Just like you went to snag the only other city in the region. You are not of D'shar origin, you don't care anything about D'shar. Cities mean income, and it's obvious you want cities.

Spite? Why would we spite you? Last I checked, the Eventide and Griffons had no outstanding issues. It is a matter of logic and future preparation in case there is a future time that is not so peaceful.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:37 am

Nal Tar does not lie in the steppe, but on the coast with its rather moderate climate. So the "We are more used to the steppe/desert" argument does not work. And wasn't greed, lust for power and spiting other orders the main motivation behind meta game actions? Oh, should I have kept that secret?
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:33 am

Those improvements which have a material requirement, do they need that amount each week or just to build it?
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:34 am

Quote :
You only know people in Singal.

Yep, a 6000 people city, probably bigger than Ravenstern, Rane and Poinsbruk together; run by a semi-independent lord, powerful and clever enough to make even Mordred not try to claim the city; and the most dangerous city in Pendor, full of spies, assassins, slavers and worse. That Singal.

This makes me think that it'd be nearly impossible to beat the orders in their native places: Gauntlets in Ethos, Dawn on Fierds' plains, Silvermists in Laria's woods, and Eventide in Singal (also: Griffons in the king's court). It's much easier to defend than to attack in this game. Oh, but I digress.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:36 am

Pravenstern wrote:
Those improvements which have a material requirement, do they need that amount each week or just to build it?

Each week, it is their raw material requirement. The building will continue to function without, but at a much, much reduced efficiency.

Last edited by Mordred on Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:36 am

saerossaeros wrote:
Quote :
You only know people in Singal.

Yep, a 6000 people city, probably bigger than Ravenstern, Rane and Poinsbruk together; run by a semi-independent lord, powerful and clever enough to make even Mordred not try to claim the city; and the most dangerous city in Pendor, full of spies, assassins, slavers and worse. That Singal.

This makes me think that it'd be nearly impossible to beat the orders in their native places: Gauntlets in Ethos, Dawn on Fierds' plains, Silvermists in Laria's woods, and Eventide in Singal (also: Griffons in the king's court). It's much easier to defend than to attack in this game. Oh, but I digress.
Gauntlets aren't exactly native to Ethos unless I'm mistaken?
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:38 am

The Gauntlets would be tough to root out of any urban environment.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:41 am

Quote :
The Gauntlets would be tough to root out of any urban environment.

That's why you have to set fire to the city and raze it while they are inside.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:01 am

Mordred wrote:
Pravenstern wrote:

Each week, it is their raw material requirement. The building will continue to function without, but at a much, much reduced efficiency.
Continuing this, if there are two settlements in a hex do both of their population productions count (like a small town + stockade is 1.1) or is it just the bigger one?
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:38 am

I thought we were supposed to be doing what was the best for the Kingdom? Oh, my bad.

We are more used to people of D'shar orgins, because we have lived in their area longer than any order, except maybe the Windriders.

We don't care about the D'shar? That is hurtful. Please don't make assumptions about that. I won't release the inner workings of our order, but I will say that I personally care alot about the D'shar.

We don't have any outstanding issues now, but as I see it now, every other order looks down on ours. To potentially stop a threat to your 'dominance', you would simply stop us from getting a city.

I actually didn't know that Nal Tar wasn't a steppe, thank you for clearing that up for me.

(Directed at an earlier discussion.)

Question- if two orders continue to go to the same hex, and are passive with the other, does that mean their influence never increases?
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:45 am

The only reason there is any issues between our orders is because you completely skipped the hexes between Singal and Highpass and instantly went for the areas next to Highpass. This makes it seem that you've got your eyes on taking it from us, so naturally we would respond.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:45 am

Pravenstern wrote:
f there are two settlements in a hex do both of their population productions count (like a small town + stockade is 1.1) or is it just the bigger one?

Both. Related to this, you may build one structure per fortification, not pet province (though only one build order per province), so in a forest you could have two Sawmills. Unless stated otherwise in the improvements tab on the info sheet.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:50 am

Pravenstern wrote:
The only reason there is any issues between our orders is because you completely skipped the hexes between Singal and Highpass and instantly went for the areas next to Highpass. This makes it seem that you've got your eyes on taking it from us, so naturally we would respond.

you have the kings court and most of central sarleon, without a doubt the richest of cities. you have no NEED for high pass or any of its surrounding areas. and yet you tell us not only that we dont care about the people and insult us? we who have always tried to root out injustice while you raid villages or sit on pillows doing nothing? you have no reason for d'shar lands, and have no claim to them!
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:53 am

dowpride wrote:
you have the kings court and most of central sarleon, without a doubt the richest of cities. you have no NEED for high pass or any of its surrounding areas. and yet you tell us not only that we dont care about the people and insult us? we who have always tried to root out injustice while you raid villages or sit on pillows doing nothing? you have no reason for d'shar lands, and have no claim to them!

Looks like there's another IC rant on the horizon. Ready your insults and false accusations, gentlemen! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Manifest Destiny (Discussion)
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next