Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RTK Discussion

Go down 
+6
Lokloklok
Kamos
Sir Aranor
SimplePlan96
Mordred
Saeros
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

RTK Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RTK Discussion   RTK Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 7:24 am

Eh...don't read ancient epic novels before going to bed!

Well, Liu Bei was known as an anti-scholar. So it's only natural that he stabs a philosopher like Trotsky. Or he could be making an allegory of the Mongol invasion of Russia. Or he could be hungry, and Trotsky had a waffle in his pocket. Whatever.

Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: RTK Discussion   RTK Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 8:07 am

saerossaeros wrote:
Eh...don't read ancient epic novels before going to bed!

Well, Liu Bei was known as an anti-scholar. So it's only natural that he stabs a philosopher like Trotsky. Or he could be making an allegory of the Mongol invasion of Russia. Or he could be hungry, and Trotsky had a waffle in his pocket. Whatever.

Interesting. Never thought about the scholar thing. The Mongol invasion of Russia could be it too.... Then again Trotsky was known to have a waffle in his pocket 24/7.
Back to top Go down
mp84
Royal Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: RTK Discussion   RTK Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 12:26 pm

dowpride wrote:
god damnit i dont want dynasty warriors 8 or romance 12 especially if it is like 11. I WANT KESSEN 4 GOD DAMNIT!

lol Kessen 4... man .. they totally dubbed down Kessen 3 though honestly wasn't a fan of it..

Believe it or not.. Kessen 2 was my favorite just wish they didn't do a fictional story of the three kingdoms.. and worse part making Yu Jin, one of Cao Cao's awesome general act like he's "gay".. ugh... lol

Unfortunately because Koei thinks the only RTK franchise North America cares for seems to be the DW series, thus we have a much better chance of seeing DW 8 before RTK 12 or even Kessen 4, ugh...
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: RTK Discussion   RTK Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 12:32 pm

Ah the RoTTK games. Good times but Nobunaga's Ambition easily takes the top spot.
Back to top Go down
MordKaiser87
Knight
MordKaiser87

PostSubject: Re: RTK Discussion   RTK Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 12:35 pm

Lol, RTK! I don't know what's been played out the most: WWII or the War of the Three Kingdoms. I really want to set aside some time to thoroughly dissect the RTK, b/c I see it like a super version of the Illiad. A lot you can learn about hero-archetypes and human values just as the West did for the Illiad.

As for sides (going mostly of the video game and wikipedia) I'm divided between Shu and Wei. My heart has always been rooting for Liu Bei's dream for a the restoration of a benevolent Han-inspired Dynasty, but you can't deny the pragmatic-down to earth approach of Cao Cao. Even though I hate the character of Sima Yi (snakey bastard), ultimately his progeny take advantage of the chaos and carve out their own dynasty at the cost of the Three Kingdoms. Goes to show that family, honor and power alone isn't enough to come out on top. Still...assholes.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: RTK Discussion   RTK Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 2:17 pm

i liked nobunagas ambition but i wish the combat was more like romance.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: RTK Discussion   RTK Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 2:20 pm

Which Romance? Razz
I really loved Nobunaga's Ambition: Rise to Power. Especially the combat system though. It was kind of a Total War lite only pretty much everything was better except for the little guys mauling each other.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: RTK Discussion   RTK Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 3:36 pm

i cant stand real time strategy with a ps2 controller.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: RTK Discussion   RTK Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 6:57 pm

That was a rare exception for me but I totally understand. It actually had a PC version but that was only for the Japanese sadly.
Back to top Go down
mp84
Royal Chronicler

PostSubject: Re: RTK Discussion   RTK Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 4:52 am

Kamos wrote:
Which Romance? Razz
I really loved Nobunaga's Ambition: Rise to Power. Especially the combat system though. It was kind of a Total War lite only pretty much everything was better except for the little guys mauling each other.

Heh.. Ya know I couldn't get into NA: Rise to Power for some reason, but their next game of that series, Iron Triangle, I played the crap out of..

There was something about having it all in real-time, but at the same time pausable at any time to issue orders so rewarding and fun.

It's also probably the only other time in my RTK/NA playthroughs which I've actually beaten the game as Nobunaga.. (The only other time I've ever done that, was RTK VII) Ohh my did I have some classic battles in Iron Triangle in that scenario, it came to a point where I had my own little Three Kingdoms like adventure there, where the Mori had control of the majority of the West, me the Central as the Oda Clan and the Usegui Clan to the East (yea bad misspelling I know lol)

My where my battles epic with Kenshin.. as that's who I decided to go after first, heh.

It seems to me that RTK XII from the screenshots is similar to style to the way Iron Triangle was, so not sure if that's good or bad, but again I seriously don't know when if ever it will be released State Side..

The ironic part about of this whole thing is the creator of the RTK series whatever his name is, I believe is now President of Koei, so you would figure that he would have a lot more clout of releasing those kind of games state side, but I guess he doesn't care so much either since I think it's been about 5-7 years since we've seen a new RTK/NA state side, bahhhhh.... Wink ..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RTK Discussion   RTK Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

RTK Discussion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2