Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

District 1: Actions

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

District 1: Actions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:07 am

Varys swore silently under his breath.

"Rocorad, Haruch, follow me."

They slowly crept out, watching both sides of the tunnel, and slowly moved toward the tunnel from which the two assassins had come from.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 9:52 am

Led by Haruch who seemed to be able to see well enough without a torch they followed the narrow sidetunnel until Haruch had them stop. Gleaming around a corner Varys could see torchlight flickering in the rear end of the tunnel and the shadows of men patrolling through it every now and then. They were standing at a minor crossing, though Varys had no idea where the other tunnels might lead to.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:58 pm

Celdiur sat for a few moments and pondered over the tavernkeeper's response, staring blankly at the now empty bowl that sat in front of him. Was it worth the risk making for the Wary Watchman? The night was still young after all, the streets still basked in the tranquil glow of twilight. After a few more moments he spoke up again.

"The Wary Watchman? Tell me, exactly how far away is this tavern? Any shortcuts that you know of?.

Shortcuts, phah!, Celdiur thought to himself, the only shortcuts around here are likely to lead me to an early grave, though it was still worth asking I suppose.

He placed another few denarii upon the bartop and indicated his desire for another ale. He would make himself comfortable here for now and try to take in as much information from the intoxicated rabble as he could, and continue to scan the crowd for any remarkable characters that may harbour information. If nothing came along within the next hour then he would perhaps risk the journey across the darkened streets to the Wary Watchman. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 1:41 am

A shortcut? Furrowing his brow the tavernkeeper pondered the question for a moment while refilling Celdiur's mug. Well, taking the main streets is about double the way through the alleys in between, so I guess the alleys are to be called a shortcut...

Celdiur nodded and thanked him, then directed his attention to the talks in the tavern.

[OOC: You can assume to hear basically what I have posted in my first post.]
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 9:20 am

Varys frowned. He decided it would be more dangerous to keep going, and he laid down a trail all the way to the entrance. They left the sewers, and walked toward the tavern, at night.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 4:57 am

They got to the 'Rat and Rabble' without further incidents. There they met Celdiur, an empty bowl in front of him and listening to the chatter in the tavern.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 6:30 am

Varys approached Celdiur without a smile. He motioned towards a table in the corner, where they could speak quietly.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 6:39 am

Startled by his brethren's unexpected return, Celdiur none the less picked up his tankard and followed the others to the table, nodding his head towards the tavernkeeper as a sign of thanks. The four sat themselves at the secluded table, and Celdiur was the first to break the silence between them.

"Brothers, I must admit I am surprised to see you return here so soon. I trust that unforeseen obstacles presented themselves down in the sewers?, he asked curiously as he raised his tankard to his mouth to take another mouthful.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:08 pm

Varys snorted. "Aye, there were some unforeseen obstacles. A group of murderers, to be precise."

Varys then explained what happened down in the sewers, including the two guardsmen and the shadow men. He also told him about the trail he had left.

Varys frowned. "The main problem is I don't have enough men, and the guardsmen are like insects down there. It seems futile for them, as we saw an example of just how easily they were killed. If we managed to bring enough and strike silently, we might have a chance against this group. First, I want to see who they are. I don't know who they may be, but they could be like Haruch here. A sewer dweller."

Varys leaned back and sighed. "I guess I'll be spending an unfruitful night here."
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 11:38 pm

Haruch looked up from his ale.

I've got nothin' in common with these. They only use the sewers.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:08 am

Had it been anyone else that those words had came from, Celdiur would have remained indifferent. Coming from the ever tight lipped Haruch however left him stunned. By Astraea, thats the first time ive ever heard him speak!, he thought to himself, almost in awe.

"Indeed.....im sure Varys meant no offence by it my friend. Frustrated are we all at our lack of progress".

Celdiur took another gulp of ale before continuing.

"Sadly I cannot tell you that my evening has been any more productive then yours. From the tavernkeeper I have learned of a suitable place from which to preach, though it is currently occupied by a servant of the D'Shar god, Vata. I havent quite thought of a suitable solution to remove him from the picture as of yet".

After pausing to remember what else he had learned, Celdiur continued.

"I havent been able to uncover any information about the guard captain, this Dhez'ral. I have learned however that there exists a tavern on the other side of this district named the Wary Watchman. It is here that the majority of the guardsmen in this district choose to spend their evenings. I figure that if any information is to be gained about Dhez'ral and his operation then we will find it there"

He leaned back in his chair and gazed briefly out of a window across the room. The sky had darkened considerably, the only source of light being the moon and the laterns of the city streets.

"It would be a dangerous journey across the district at this time of night though. Are we willing to take that risk?" he asked as he glanced around at the three other knights.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 3:07 am

Varys frowned. "I could probably attempt to get there soon. If you want, I could travel over there, at night, and send you a missive in the morning."

"The problem isn't the darkness, it's our lack of knowledge. If someone had lived here for a while, I'm sure they could tell us which alleys to avoid, and which streets not to travel by. That being said, it is unpredictable out there."

Varys smiled. "If you need any assistance on relocating the Vata priest, you can ask me. I'm sure I can help."

Continuing, Varys looked at Haruch. "Do you know anything about the shadowy figures we saw down in the sewers?"
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:10 am

Nay, only they're not like me. They use torches, I don't.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:27 am

Celdiur couldnt help but laugh at Haruch's comment. His bluntness was truly amusing. He recovered quickly and spoke up in a far more serious tone.

"I know fine well what you mean by 'relocating', Varys. I would rather not have to turn to skullduggery if I can avoid it" he said firmly before continuing.

"Make for this tavern if you believe it will yield information, just be careful you dont take a wrong turn in these ever winding streets. Astraea only knows what could be lurking around every corner. If you chose to leave I would be thankful for any information you could send me tommorow morning".

Celdiur frowned, thinking over what his next move was to be.

"I believe it may be best if I remained here and tried to uncover some general information about the district. Directions, people of interest, perhaps if im lucky even a map. Im sure that someone in here must have something useful to us".

He eyed the bottom of his tankard before quickly downing the last of the ale.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Varys nodded.

"I hope you have an eventful evening. Farewell, and good luck, Brother Knight."

After exchanging pleasantries, Varys, Rocorad, and Haruch stood up and left, walking towards the Wary Watchman.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 2:12 am

After bidding farewell to his brothers, Celdiur shuffled over to the corner seat that was moments ago occupied by Rocorad. This corner was far from the brazier and thus the shadows grew dense here, kept at bay only by a few flickering candles upon each table. He looked down at his tankard. Hmm, better not to have another just yet, he thought to himself, best to keep a clear mind for the task at hand.

He turned the chair to face the centre of the tavern, now bustling with activity. Placing his legs up on the table and crossing his arms across his midriff, Celdiur began thouroughly scanning the inebriated crowd, always on the lookout for remarkable patrons or suspicious activity.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:56 am

The 'Rat and Rabble':

There were some unremarkable people standing at the bar, discussing their petty everyday issues or just sipping, drinking or gulping down their ale. In another corner people were dicing, occasionally accusing each other of cheating. A short time ago an elderly man with a considerable belly and a bald patch amidst his whitening hair had entered and been greeted friendly by most of the people. He was now sitting at a table near the bar, spooning up a large bowl of the soup Celdiur had already tasted. On the other side of the bar two men clad in the traditional clothes of Singal's apothecaries and alchemists were occupied with a lively discussion the content of which Celdiur could not determine from the distance. Then there was a lot more rabble and riffraff populating the remaining tables. Most likely their talk was only irrelevant chatter, yet who could say for sure?

The 'Wary Watchman':

Taking the longer way over the main streets, no one dared to approach their group of three and they arrived at the Wary Watchman unharmed, yet quite a bit later than they had hoped. This tavern was in a slightly better state than the 'Rat and Rabble'. By the time they arrived the taproom had already considerably emptied and only some tables were still occupied , mostly by men in the tabards of the city watch and some unremarkable patrons.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 11:05 am

Of all of these people the one who attracted most of Celdiur's attention was aging, overweight man that now sat guzzling down a bowl of the fine broth that he had already sampled. He seems popular, Celdiur thought to himself as he tried to comprehend who this man was. Well known it seems. And held in high regard. I wonder why? Well, theres only one way to find out.... Celdiur rose from his chair and headed for the table where the man was sitting. On closer inspection he seemed approachable enough, though Celdiur was cautious none the less. Alerting the man to his presence, Celdiur announced.

"Good broth is it not my friend?" He said with a cheerful expression. "Forgive me for interupting sir, but I couldnt help but notice that you seem to be rather popular in this place. A man who is well known and respected. Perhaps you would be willing to aid me?"

He didnt sit down just yet, waiting first to see what the man's reply would be.

"I am new to Singal you see, and I know little about the area surrounding my new home here in the district. It just occured to me that a man like yourself would perhaps know much of this area. Would you care to aid me by enlightening me with your information? Oh, sorry were are my manners. My name is Celdiur my friend. Celdiur Moriendor".

He held out his gauntleted hand to the man in a guesture of goodwill.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 2:02 pm

Varys, Rocorad, and Haruch took their seats, and ordered their respective drinks. After the drinks had arrived, the group shifted their attention towards the members of the city watch, hoping to glean some information from them through eavesdropping.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 7:27 am

The 'Rat and Rabble':

The man looked up from his soup to Celdiur's face, then to the gauntleted hand, frowning slightly.

Well, son, where I come from, you take off the gauntlet before shaking hands with someone who is not your enemy. But Singal is a strange place and many different people come here. Perhaps you just didn't know. I am sure Damia Provideo will forgive you. My name is Illacus, or father Illacus as they call me here. Please, do sit down, my neck always gets terribly stiff when I have to look up for a long time.

He gestured to the seat opposite of him.

Now what can an old man and servant of Damia Provideo do for you, son?

The 'Wary Watchman':

I'm not going down there ever again! blurted one of the obviously intoxicated watchmen at a near table.

You will have to, if Dhez'ral orders it, responded another one, speaking more calmly.

Nay, sarge, I'd rather quit service. We lost Ghalren and Mek'im today, found them in the sewers, backstabbed, no sign of a proper fight! It's madness sending us down there!

The sergeant sighed. Perhaps you're right. I dunno. Yet Dhez'ral has sworn to clean the sewers of this rabble and he has never broken a vow until now...

Rabble!? asked a third one, agitatedly. That's not rabble. Rabble does not wait for you in the shadows to stab your back and rabble does not act in such an organised way. Someone must be leading them.

Maybe you're right, maybe not, who knows. Only thing I know is the captain is not dumb. I heard he has been trying to hire scouts and guides for the sewers lately, though with little success.

Let's hope he finds some fools soon, coz' I'm not going down there any more. Cheers.

They raised their mugs and took to drinking again instead of discussing.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 9:59 am

Celdiur took a seat and stared at the man curiously.

"Illacus? Ive heard that name mentioned several times in this place. A preacher are you not? If so, then well met my friend, for it is always a welcome sight to meet another man of the cloth! Especially when he serves a faith as noble as that of Damia Provideo!". And he was not lying. To meet another man like him in such a, well, shitehole, did wonders for the spirit indeed.

"In light of this new perspective of your good self I believe a re-introduction is in order. I am Knight-Chaplain Celdiur Moriendor of the Order of Eventide. A devout servant of Astraea, and one who believes in a cause as noble as your own".

Letting his words sink in for a moment, he looked down at his gauntleted hand and smiled.

"Ignore the gauntlet my friend. I meant no offence by not removing it. That is not a custom that I am used to. But nevermind, that is not what I wished to talk to you about. As I said before I am fairly new to this area. I came here with the intention of spreading the good word of Astraea to the people of Singal, and in so doing elighten them to the noble works of my Order. The problem is that the only place I believe suitable for such works is already occupied by a zealous preacher of the D'Shar god, Vata. Tell me, you wouldnt happen to know anything about this man would you? Or perhaps a better place from which to perform my deeds?"

He paused again, a new concern springing to mind. He continued in a lower tone.

"And whilst were here, can I expect any trouble from this Captain Dhez'ral, or any other prominent figure perhaps?"

Realising that he was not dealing with a man who served the same faith as he, he added to finish off his questioning.

"I also hope that you will have no objections to me spreading my word throughout this district?"

Last edited by Sir Celdiur Moriendor on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 10:52 am

Varys smiled. This might just be the break he was looking for.

Varys walked over to the two guardsmen, with Rocorad and Haruch at his back.

"Excuse me, sirs," Varys interrupted.

"I couldn't help but over hear your conversation about the sewers, and I have a question. Where would one go to sign up to be a guide for the sewers?"
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:03 am

The 'Rat and Rabble':

I don't mind you preaching here as long as you don't burn anyone or try to convert worhsipers of Damia Provideo. We're not many anyway, so I would hate to even lose some of my flock. You know, I have been preaching on the market square every wednesday for years and people listened to me, but, alas, Singal is more about money than about justice and benevolence, so in the end they only listened and moved on. And if that weren't enough, Captain Dehz'ral recently forbid me to continue preaching on the market square. Now that Vata zealot is preaching there every day. The gods know how he convinced Dhez'ral...

The 'Wary Watchman':

There's the fool we have been waiting for! Cheers! exclaimed one of the watchmen, laughing.

Ignoring his men the sergeant addressed Varys:

We're off duty now, as you can see, but come to the watch captains house at the market square tomorrow morning, though I must warn you, we already lost many a good man down there.

Last edited by Iskar on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 8:24 am

Varys nodded, and said, "I don't plan to be one of those who die."

Taking their leave, the three men stayed in the tavern for the night, and headed out to the watch captain's house in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:46 am

When they left the tavern in the morning the market square was already bustling with activity. A fat merchant with a glaring red apron was advertising pieces of freshly butchered pork and poultry - perhaps the apron was not intentionally coloured at all. A few steps away an old couple sold a large variety of vegetables and at another stall a man with a fuzzy beard was promoting batches of woven linen, raw sackcloth and thick wool. There were more merchants, selling ropes, crockery, firewood, herbs, simple alchemical mixtures and many things more. On their way to Dhez'ral's house they passed by a wooden podium which was not yet occupied, though some people were already gathered around it, obviously waiting for someone or something.

...preach about the great stallion today perhaps..., they heard a man say to the one next to him as they passed.

Dhez'ral's house looked stately in relation to most other buildings in the district. It was a solidly built u-shaped two storey house. The u-shape opened towards the square, but the courtyard within was separated from the former by a headhigh wall with a strong looking wooden gate in the centre. Two watchmen guarded the latter.
As they approached, the watchmen put their hands on their sword hilts.

Halt! What is your name and business?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: District 1: Actions   District 1: Actions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

District 1: Actions
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next