Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sir Tantius: Actions

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

Sir Tantius: Actions Empty
PostSubject: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 1:47 am

It was another night in Singal, like all the rest. Except this night Sir Kendric leaves the chapter house with a very important mission. Secretly ordered by the Grandmaster Azlanec to find out who is up to the task of producing the dreaded Deepjuice that was used in the silencing of the slaves in the chapter house.

Wearing only the black robes that were modified to fit snugly on his body and cover his face, save the eyes, a tool kit (contains-picks,hand and foot claws, and thin cable like rope), assassin knives and a dagger, he leaves the chapter house traveling with purpose, across parapits and roof tops, He heads into the darkness of district 6.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:04 am

He stopped upon reaching the rooftop of a stately manor that literally towered over the surrounding buildings. His gaze aimlessly wandered over the roofs of Singal, whose moonlit surface was only broken by the fine dark lines indicating narrow alleyways running beneath them or the broad gaps of main streets and market squares. The cool night air quickened his thoughts and his formerly opaque task became a little clearer. There were obviously several tracks he could follow.
First of all Zakariya Gerbazadeh might know where to find out more about the alchemistical details of deepjuice and its production. His house was located in district one, near the chapter house, though he would be sleeping right now.
Then there was the issue of how the assassins had entered the vault. He could try to examine where the drain led, though the sewers were definitely an even more dangerous environment than the streets and rooftops of Singal.
Finally he could just go to the taverns and start to discreetly ask around about the subject. The Red Brotherhood was rumoured to frequently employ poisoners, so their districts in the north might be a good choice to start.

Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:23 am

He stayed there on the roof for a few moments, listening to the sounds echoing off the walls of the buildings.
Tonight, as the honorable folk of the city moved to quarters, there was a strange Darkness in the air and the shadows seemed to come alive.
As the last rays of the sun faded behind the distant horizon, the tension in the air was thick.

The night air was refreshing to Kendric as he worked his way throu the city's alleys and rooftops. Moving with purpose now, to the chapter house.

"There has to be some evidence in the vault, Thats where I will head."

Before heading to the vault, Sir kendric stops at his chambers to re-equip for a more periless journey into the underground of Singal.
Taking a robe and leaving his signature knives, he heads to the armory to pick up a sabre and knives that were looted from some raider on the plains.
With his new weapons stowed in robe, he pulled the black hood over his head and started off to the vault.

Last edited by AxeMaster on Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 1:21 am

The squire guarding the vault recognised him and waved him through. In the vault he investigated the grid barring the manhole in the middle of the room. As the squire had reported the moss at its edges was missing, indicating it had been moved recently. He found it easily movable and shoved it aside. The hole was not too wide, but he would just fit through. There were several iron rings attached to the wall designed so as to chain prisoners to them. He tied his rope to one of them, lit his torch and slowly climbed down into the darkness, clenching the grip of the torch with his teeth. Down in the sewers he found himself in a damp and dark tunnel that led on indistinguishably in both directions.

[OOC: Try to give your actions some more details, because in the end it is the details that make the difference and allow me to judge what you can do and what you cannot. The above paragraph should give you an idea of how your last sentence looks like when equipped with the appropriate detail.]
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 3:41 pm

Since the normal watch guards have been taken away for questioning, Kendric was releaved to see one of his patrol squires standing guard and instructed him that his presance here was not to be revealed to anyone or he would be charged with treason. There is a rat among us, who's day is coming to an end.

After decending into the depths of the drain, he signaled the squire who then released the rope and put the drain cover back into place.
The sewer walls were covered with a sort of green slime that didn't reveal any real clue of recent passage. Kendric raised the torch to examine the opening from the drain and there it was. A special mark noting the entrance of the vault. Upon Further examination of the mark, it reveals that it has been there for some time. Apperantly, the carnage that was left of the slavers was carried out by someone who had visited us more than one occasion.

Kendric extinguishes the torch and uses the few minutes it takes for his eyes to adjust to ponder his thoughts.

He decides that moving toward the north into district 1 would be the way to go.

Last edited by AxeMaster on Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 7:34 am

Without the torch his sight was considerably restricted and for some meters he slowly moved onward, twice almost slipping on the slimy ground. Finally he decided this was not very fruitful, so he returned to the place where had entered and lit his torch again. Perhaps he had just not looked closely enough to find some evidence.
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 9:52 am

After he relit the torch, Kendric reexamined the entrance to the vault.

As he turned to closer examine the immediate area, there was a small gilnt of light from something 3 or 4 paces away from the drain. It could have been a relfection off of the slim so he started moving in that direction. Immediatly he stumbled on something that was hidden from view by the slimy, sewage that filled the floor of the sewers.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:22 am

As he bent down to examine it turned out to be just a brick that had fallen out of the wall and - judging from it being completely covered with slimy moss - already some time ago. However, now that his torch was closer to the ground he noticed a small trench running along the tunnel and there were dark spots on it. He moved closer and discovered a larger dark patch just below the entrance to the vault. It looked like dried blood. Obviously it had dripped down from the vault and then flown along the trench. He raised his torch to see in which direction it had run. The trace of dried blood led to the south, deeper into the tunnel.
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 12:05 am

He slowly worked his way down the south tunnel following the trail of dried blood. Now too finding signs of foot travel. He continues on to the south....
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 11:07 am

The dried out trickle went on along the trench in the floor of the tunnel. After he had followed it for about 50 steps the tunnel met a crossing. The trench went on in all three directions, but the remains of blood could only be seen in the tunnel that went off to the right. Kendric moved on, following the tunnel and the blood trickle that led him deeper and deeper into Singal's underground. After turning around another corner he suddenly faced a dead end.
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:45 am

Kendric came to the end of the tunnel and started to turn back. Stopping to think for a moment, he moved the torch around to closer examine the walls and floor of the tunnel...
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 7:21 am

How could he have overlooked that? Of course the blood trickle could not just stop, it had to flow somewhere. And in fact, there was a small hole at the bottom of the wall at the end of the tunnel. Obviously the trench went on below the wall. He examined the wall more thoroughly. It was made of a different kind of stone than the walls of the tunnel. Slowly getting back to his feet he suddenly kept his breath in surprise. There was something carved into upper part of the wall. It was a strange sign which he had never seen before. At its corners the carving seemed to go deeper into the stone. He held his torch right in front of them and tried to look through, but nothing could be seen. Hastily he took out a piece of paper and some charcoal, drawing a rough sketch of the thing.
Sir Tantius: Actions Symbol
Examining the rest of the wall he found the carving was placed on a round stone that was fitted into the wall, while the others where mostly rectangular. Where the wall met with the tunnel wall the stones looked abraded there was no moss around it.
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 9:03 am

He held his breath for a moment as if pondering a thought, then put away the sketch of the symbol he made. Examining the rounded stone again, He pulled his sword and put the point of the blade against the black dot carved into the center of the stone. Clearing his thoughts and readying himself for what could possibly come next, he applied pressure to the stone......
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:52 am

However strong he pressed, nothing happened. The wall stood immovable as ever.
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 10:02 pm

Kendric reexamined the stone hoping to find the release for the wall...
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 9:46 am

Although he examined the wall thoroughly from top to bottom he found no way to make it shift. He began to suspect that he had to find out more about this before being able to open this passage.
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 2:17 pm

Without wasting any more time in this area, Kendric carefully headed back through the tunnel hoping to uncover anything he may have missed...
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 10:47 am

He found nothing else of interest and thus headed back to the chapter house. As it had grown quite late, he went to bed to at least sleep a bit. After breaking fast on the next morning he gathered his things and stepped out onto the already busy streets of Singal, ready to further his investigations. The only question was, where to start.
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 9:30 am

Kendric decided to pay a visit to the Alchemist, Zakariya Gerbazadeh. Knowledge of the product will help find truth in the taverns he reasoned, as he headed into District 1.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 10:50 am

Gerbazadeh's house was a narrow two storey building whose lower floor was completely occupied by the combined shop and laboratory of the alchemist. The latter was sitting at a table in the back of the room, crouched over some old book, scribbling notes on a piece of paper. When Kendric entered he turned around.

Well, young man, what can I do for you?
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 2:36 pm

"I've come seeking Knowledge and was told you were the person to see. What can you tell me about a potion called DeepJuice?" Kendric asked in a non threatening demoanor.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 6:12 am

Deepjuice, eh? Gerbazadeh watched him for a moment. I think I have seen you recently... Ah, now I know. Do deliver my regards to Lord Azlanek, when you meet him next time, will you?

Now for this deepjuice matter. As I have already told your master, it is a very dangerous procedure to make it. When exposed to sunlight the fungi quickly dry up and become poriferous, setting free a small quantity of highly flammable gases, that are heavier than air and thus sink to the ground. You see, the assistant I lost some years ago was trying to extract the poison from the deepjuice fungi, but he was stupid enough to do it in daylight. He had collected quite a lot of these fungi and obviously the whole ground in his chamber was filled with the gas. Well, he had lit a fire. You can imagine the rest.
I was lucky his room was in the shack across the backyard, or my house would have burnt down.

As for the substance itself, it is a very versatile poison. Depending on the dose it either just renders the victim unconscious or almost instantly kills it. But other poisons also kill people and most of them don't blow your house up when you make a mistake, so hardly any alchemist in Singal is still producing it. At least we of the guild have completely abandoned it after my assistant died. I cannot speak for the rogue alchemists working for the red brothers or the slavers, however.

I really don't know much else about it. Yet, if I remember correctly it is a poison that has been used as long as Singal has had a sewer system, so you might find something about it in old books.
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 2:07 pm

"If I might Inquire sir, Where would these books be located?" Kendric said, feeling a little depressed...
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:21 am

Well, the largest library that holds all records of Singal's history we have is located at the Council palace, but I doubt they will just let you go inside and rummage in their bookshelves. Our alchemists' guild has its own library at our meeting hall. Though most of the books are about alchemy itself there might be some old tomes dealing with the matter. You can find the hall at the southern border of district five. It's a large building with a mortar and pestle carved into the main door, so you really cannot miss it. I will write you a recommendation so they let you in.

He scribbled down some words on a piece of paper, which he then handed to Kendric.

I'm afraid I am not quite the historian, but you could try to talk to an old acquaintance of mine. Her name is Siraya Mefasnu and she is a scholar who is greatly interested in Singal's history. I have to warn you however, she has become a bit queer in her dotage and has developed quite the paranoia. I'd be cautious when entering her house.
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:35 am

Kendric put the Letter in his pocket and pulled out the drawing of what was on the stone wall in the sewers. He is hoping Gerbazadeh will recognize the symbolism...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sir Tantius: Actions   Sir Tantius: Actions Empty

Back to top Go down

Sir Tantius: Actions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next