Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Silvermist tactics

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

Silvermist tactics Empty
PostSubject: Silvermist tactics   Silvermist tactics EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:27 pm

Hi MM and Legion people.

I'm posting this to clarify some the traits my order has. Part of my actions are based on them, and I'm not sure if you all are taking that into consideration for the calculations and the rest.

Fleet of Foot : All Silvermists are fleet of foot, and move far more quickly on foot.
Scouts (Rangers) : The Rangers are trained in stealth techniques, and are able to move about in forests almost invisibly.
Infiltrate (Rangers) : Rangers may move about the battlefield with a reduced change of detection.
Marksmen (Rangers) : The Rangers have a far greater range than that of normal archers.
Fire and Charge (Mtd Rangers) : The Clarion Call are able to unleash a volley of arrows on the charge to cause disruption in enemy lines and then charge home with spear and sword.

Besides, we had our shooting skills recently improved a lot. From now on, our marksmanship is at the same level as the Noldor’s (yeah!). It’s important to keep this in mind because many of my strategies in Cez involve precision shooting.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

Silvermist tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silvermist tactics   Silvermist tactics EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:33 pm

Don't forget the light field artillery!

Lost Lore of Archery (Rangers) : Silvermists have reached the pinnacle of archery, so that even the Noldor reluctantly treat them as equals when it comes to using a bow.
Basic Siege Artillery : Silvermists have learned how to set up Ballistae from their time at the Academy of Siege Warfare. Silvermist armies will now march with the basic equipment needed (though still require time to cut wood and assemble them for battle).
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

Silvermist tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silvermist tactics   Silvermist tactics EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:36 pm

If it has to do with hitting people from a long distance, we’re good at it.
Back to top Go down
MitchyMatt
Royal Herald
MitchyMatt

Silvermist tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silvermist tactics   Silvermist tactics EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:51 am

Good, this will help concerning things that will affect yous in this roleplay.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

Silvermist tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silvermist tactics   Silvermist tactics EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 7:04 am

For the upcoming battle I think it would be helpful to have all order traits at hand. The Silvermist traits have been named above, so here are the Legion's traits:

Mordred wrote:
Ok, so now that we have some battle rules in place I need to convert the words here to stats, here are my following proposals (just for you Marcus Wink) ;

Throw and Charge : Throw javelins into the enemy, followed by a charge. Breaks enemy formations and causes enemy discipline loss
May throw and attack for one action point. Basically constitutes a free attack from ranged skill on the charge.

Dragoons (Centurions) : Centurions are highly adept at riding to a battle site, dismounting and then fighting on, on foot. Horses will not leave the area, and dismounting is near instant.
Mounting / Dismounting usually takes one movement point, but the Centurions may do this for free.

Ironbred Warhorses : Ironbred horses are tougher and more aggressive than normal horses granting a charge bonus and being harder to kill.
See Horse stats.

Centurion Command Squad : By using five centurions as field-officers a Legion commander can gain one command point. The field officers will be allocated to a specific hex and will not engage in combat unless their hex is lost to the enemy. This squad must remain within 3 hexes of their commander. This squad does not count towards the command total!

Since we have not introduced command points really yet, I'd say a centurion can be assigned to a unit of no more than 100 men and will give them a discipline bonus. The centurion will not take part in the actual fighting then. Player characters joining the fighting and/or inspiring the troops can also gve such bonuses to take them into account for the battle (if we calculate the numerical outcomes).
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

Silvermist tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silvermist tactics   Silvermist tactics EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 7:54 am

thanks, do the Immortals or Pendor Foot Knights have special abilities as well that I should know about?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

Silvermist tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silvermist tactics   Silvermist tactics EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 8:30 am

Depends. Those with shields could form a testudo/shieldwall formation and those with two handed weapons have a first strike bonus in melee.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

Silvermist tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silvermist tactics   Silvermist tactics EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 4:38 pm

Immortals will be in command of MM, unless otherwise stated.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

Silvermist tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silvermist tactics   Silvermist tactics EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 6:28 pm

so isMM fully back then?
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

Silvermist tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silvermist tactics   Silvermist tactics EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 7:02 pm

Well, he mentioned he could take over Mitchell. I'm not sure if he wishes to command the Immortals though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Silvermist tactics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silvermist tactics   Silvermist tactics Empty

Back to top Go down

Silvermist tactics
Page 1 of 1