Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)

Go down 
+3
AxeMaster
Psychozoa
Saeros
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:48 am

Sir Azrael let out an amused sigh. He looks at the guard in the eyes with a small smile on his face.

"Well, I didn't even get around asking you, but I got most of the answers I wanted from that. And even some more..."

He trails off as if thinking about something, a frown on his face. He shakes his head and then turns to the other guard.

"However, I would also like to hear your experiences from that night, if you don't mind. Any details can be helpful."
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:31 pm

Jareth started to hear the slight sound of Chopping in the distance. "Still a few more minutes to go" he thought. Without turning his head he started speaking.

"Sir Kamos, it seems I am the only one who is affected by the cold. Are you as well from the north?"
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Wearing a slight grin he answered.

"Aye and farther North than this at that. Not far from Shapeshte. Doesn't take long to learn functionality is more important than style there even as a comfortable minor noble. Though I must say we were a bit more proactive and involved with the common folk than so far as I can tell about this place. Might have something to do with the constant mystmountain tribes raids."

He glances over at Jareth for a moment then continues a scan of the forest.

"But how about you? The cold such a stranger in your home?"
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:43 pm

Jareth was getting a little bit warmer from walking but the wind still send chills through his body when it caught an open space in his Clothes.

"Yes strange it was. I hail from Barclay, and the village my family lived in never saw a winter even close to this cold. There were times it didn't even snow in winter." He made a little pause and pulled his clothes tighter to his body. "Here it seems the snow never goes away. And the cold is affecting the people as well. In my village the Sun was shining and everyone was laughing, here it's always cold and the people seem cold as well." A little smile appears on Jareths face as he continues. "I hope this changes when I get to know them better, even if I will never be able to withstand this weather as they do"
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 9:50 pm

HH: "I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by that, sir. My experience that night was terrible, if that is what you want to know".
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:05 am

Sir Azrael sighed.

"What I meant was what you saw during the night. You might have seen something your friend didn't."
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 12:22 am

HH: "You mean Okon here? He was smacked so hard in the head he even forgot who he was for some days. About me, well, I already told you what I saw. I can’t count much further than five, but I would say there were as many bandits that night as there is people in a marriage, but less than in a caravan. There were a bunch of them, but not too much."
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:44 am

Sir Azrael smiled at the guards.
"I see then. I wish you quick recovery, but I'll be going now. Should you or your friends remember something else from that night, please come and tell me."
With that, Sir Azrael leaves the hut to meet Johan and the healer outside. He turns to the healer.
"You sure weren't kidding when you said they were talkative."
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 7:52 am

To Jareth
Sir Kamos gave a chuckle.

"The cold weather can make people frigid and on the outside true. Like their homes you see rough and plain exterior but inside waits a cheerful warm embrace... Well, that's if we can help them keep the bloody wood anyways. Ha!"
Back to top Go down
tobberman
Knight
tobberman

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:05 am

Outside HH:
Johan had insecure feeling in the village. Something will bad will happen to somebody but when and where was a mystery. He needed a hot drink:
" Let's go back to warehouse and make a fire. I'll offer you a hot drink made from my personal stash. We also need to think nights plan, so we could do some planning before others come back."
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 7:36 pm

The Sound of Chopping became louder and Jareth could see a small Forest in the Distance,which might be only one kilometer away.

"Yep you're right, we have to concentrate on the task at hand. They don't have to like me, or don't have to like them. I will help them anyways." After a short pause Jareth continued. "Do you see the Forest there?" Jareth pointed straight ahead. "I guess we're nearly there."
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:06 pm

Woodsmann camp:
The lack of trees and muddy earth give away that this is where the wood comes from. You see a three-rod fireplace and a small pot hanging over it, with what in a few hours may become the lumberman's lunch. There is a cart resting near it, which probably is what they use for transporting the wood. Further ahead there is a man chopping one tree after another.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 8:59 pm

As Sir Kamos and Jareth approached the small camp they saw the man doing his work. Jareth didn't want to startle him and he didn't want get an Axe to the face. So he started shouting from few meters back between two chops.

Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:04 am

Camp: "Good morning sirs! You are with those knights that arrived at the village some time ago, aren't you? What can I do for you?"
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:54 am

Adding a bit of his old home accent Sir Kamos gave a cheerful reply.

"Well my furry friend and I were hoping to get any information ya 'ave tha might be useful and perhaps offer an extra axe for awhile or at least move some you've already fell."
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:26 am

Camp: "But that sword of yours will be blind as a mole when you are done with the trees!"He laughted. You didn't find the joke half as fun as he did. These people surely have a weird sense of humor. "No, thank you for the offer, sir, but this is a pointless job. I'm here only because Eric the elder told me to. I'm not even peeling off the bark, because I know that today or tomorrow it will get stolen.
About who is doing that, I don't have no information. But I was thinking... stealing wood is not as easy as stealing golden rings - not that I know how to steal, of course. All that wood must have been gone somewhere. It can't just disappear. If we are having less, then someone is having more than they should. Have you talked to the guards already?"
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:21 am

Sir Azrael nods to Johan.
"Aye, we should go to the warehouse to see the others. Some of the information is rather worrying and they might want to know."
He then falls into silence, lost deep in thought, as they walk towards the warehouse.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:16 am

Chuckling at the strange joke, more the strangeness of it than the joke, Sir Kamos continued on.

"A most intriguing thought indeed. We have comrades talking to your guards we will consult with once we return."
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:45 pm

"But we have as well a few things you could help us with." Jareth continued right after Sir Kamos ended.

"This Land here is to Hostile to steal the wood and then walk to the next Village. There must be some abandoned Houses nearby or Caves of some kind in which the thieves can store the wood or take a break on their way. Do you know of anything where we can look?"
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:27 am

Camp: " I know of no abandoned shacks in the fields around here. On the other hand, this forest runs from here all the way to Uslum. There is room for hundrets of hideouts in it, and anyone who can’t deal with wolves usally keeps away, so we have no idea. If you gathered your band I guess you could cross it easily and without fear, but searching for hidden shacks there would surely cost you some weeks' time".
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:53 am

"Thank you for the information. Is Uslum the nearest village around here?"
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:57 am

Camp: "It's close only if you cross the forest, but we avoid that and take the longer route. If you take that in account, Fenbray would be the closest, because they have roads all over the place."
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:46 am

Sherrif's House:

While the knights with her wait for the sheriff to answer his door, Lady Laisha slinks away from them, heading in the general direction of the woodshed. She figures the other two would be better suited to dealing with the sheriff. Instead of heading directly for the woodshed, she skirts the area, looking for the probable directions the thieves would have taken their prizes.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 10:06 pm

Laisha's tracking: Outside the storage hut, footprints become completely unreadable due to heavy traffic and you spend a long time trying to decipher them in vain. However, as you go a little further downhill, you notice that there is a small depression in the middle of the path, and that it becomes pool of frozen and battered mud, a probable sign that something heavy had been transported that way.

From there on, tracks change significantly. There are deep paired linear marks going northwest, made perhaps by wheels of multiple carts, or many times by the same one. There are well as some from hooves. Very similar tracks, although more shallow, are going north, leading into the forest. One must be more recent than the other, or their cargo was lighter. Both are accompanied by some footprints.

Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:59 pm

Jareth listened closely to the descriptions of the Woodcutter. He remembered them but he needed a map to fully understand how far it would be to the next town.

"Thank you very much good man. That would be all questions by me, do you have anything more Sir Kamos?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)   Event #1: Gosbur (IC only) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Event #1: Gosbur (IC only)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next