Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Dawn of Battle!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

The Dawn of Battle! Empty
PostSubject: The Dawn of Battle!   The Dawn of Battle! EmptySat May 12, 2012 10:27 am

The Dawn of Battle!

Waiting for two days had been hard on your men, especially those with little faith or experience. Most of the militiamen had stared vacantly at the high walls, scared and confused, unable to comprehend what inane affairs of the nobles had dragged them to the gates of Javiksholm, to deliver it, as they had phrased it, only to ultimately force them to sit around and do nothing. The minds of these men were simple. They were not true warriors of your cause yet. They were farmers and citizens, and their unmolded minds held little room for questions about good and evil, justice, and the will of the gods. All they were concerned with was their own survival of what they considered just another fight they were thrown into by those in power, just as their fathers and brothers had during the wars that unified Pendor.

The professional soldiers could of cause only laugh at the fear of these cowards, even though they probably did not realize that this arrogance was part of their own way to cope with the uncertainty that gnawed at their resolve.

Only the finest among you did not falter in their resolve for one second. Filled with passion and belief in different ideals, faiths or just your own skill, you drew back into yourself, or found strength in the comradeship of your brothers.

But if the first two days were hard, the last night was almost unbearable. The camp grew silent, only filled with the cracking of the campfires, muffled muttering or the distant neighing of a horse. An aura of almost tangible doom lay over the looming silhouette of the city and its surrounding fields, and you all knew that upon coming of daybreak, the walls and ground would be drenched by the blood of men.

And suddenly, it is dawn, the night having vanished like a fleeing fever dream, and you rise from your slumber, you take up arms, and you leave your tents.

For it was time for war.

OOC:

All right, Gentlemen,

Welcome to the walls of Javiksholm. This is what we are going to do.

- In order not to have one overcrowded thread, there will be three starting points to the Siege: The North, the East, and the South. Once (or if) the walls are taken/breached and you enter the city, each character's actions will nevertheless still be handled in the thread they started in. Of course, this is just a role of thumb, and should characters meet up somewhere, we will of course also join them thread-wise

- For each section, I want some final report, stating how many soldiers, siege weapons, ladders and other noteworthy supplies are devoted to this part of the siege. Each character should, if possible, also be assigned to a certain section of the battle.

Use this thread for that:

https://popaftermath.forumotion.com/t353-troops-numbers-and-whereabouts

- A day will be divided in three sections: Morning, noon, and evening/night. We will start with the morning of day one, and continue with noon once the morning is finished. For each sections, I will need a detailed plan of attack, including timing and forces participating in each action, including clear instructions on reserves or people holding back/staying out of range of the city's defenders.

The attack will start at point x.

So if you do a diversion:

Quote :
Section: North
Timing: x
Troops involved: 100 milkmaidens + the holy cow
Action: Worshipping the holy cow to amaze the defenders and distract them.

You should not begin the actual attack at the same time, but maybe 10 or 20 minutes later.

Use this thread for that:

https://popaftermath.forumotion.com/t290-the-siege-of-javiksholm-reports-development-official-orders

I expect that we will still have several issues to sort out. We can discuss such things here. The ooc thread will remain for more casual communication. The Rp will continue in the Camp of the Dawn thread.

That is all for now.

Dismissed.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of Battle!   The Dawn of Battle! EmptySun May 13, 2012 5:35 am

I believe you mentioned that you would make an update on the Red Dawn in Windholm and Ironoak?

Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of Battle!   The Dawn of Battle! EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:39 pm

where will we post this stuff IC when it is greenlit. I'd say lets just make a Siege (IC) topic and do everything under that, then here or OOC board u update us on timezone or whatevs.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of Battle!   The Dawn of Battle! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 1:14 am

The orders come into "the Siege of Javiksholm" thread, once you have finished discussing. The Rp then takes place in the mentioned three sections (north, east, and south). I can make a general thread as well though, no problem. Somehow, we will sort this out.

Before I give you the reports from the other Red Dawn forces, please be so kind to remind me how many troops are patroling which part of the country currently, with what orders.

Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of Battle!   The Dawn of Battle! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 2:11 am

25 Knights and 50 Retainers near Ironoak, on defensive patrols.

I don't know the amount of Griffons near Windholm (not that it really matters)

Don't tell me they are all getting wiped out. Don't ruin my mood.
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of Battle!   The Dawn of Battle! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 5:03 pm

Sir Aranor wrote:
25 Knights and 50 Retainers near Ironoak, on defensive patrols.

I don't know the amount of Griffons near Windholm (not that it really matters)

Don't tell me they are all getting wiped out. Don't ruin my mood.

Us? Do that?

Never.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of Battle!   The Dawn of Battle! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:30 pm

I'm not convinced. I still remember the sleeping fox tavern Neutral
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of Battle!   The Dawn of Battle! EmptyMon May 14, 2012 11:16 pm

So one big group, or did they split up to cover more land, and what were their orders, should they encounter Red Dawn forces?
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of Battle!   The Dawn of Battle! EmptyTue May 15, 2012 3:35 am

The patrol is like a scouting party really. They would split up into smaller cells. As soon as they would see red dawn, they would run to kulum to report it. They are under no circumstances allowed to fight them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dawn of Battle!   The Dawn of Battle! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dawn of Battle!
Page 1 of 1