Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OOC for Arenas I, II and II

Go down 
+7
Mordred
DiabloDude
Slopsen
Pravenstern
Psychozoa
Sir Haegon
Saeros
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 11:04 pm

Thats the same thing in Arena 2, Serious Ventilator and Pravenstout are getting hammered now, but there opponents have next to no close combat viability. I.E unless they knock them out at range Caranthir and Diablo are royally buggered.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 11:06 pm

But, Aelos is wounded to an extent Merzinas can deliver the final blow. (in a way I obviously object to)

and Savan can never catch up to a man THAT fast and will never reach close combat, and then you have the fact that there is another opponent that can kick him in the back.

EDIT: Rib fractures are usually quite painful because the ribs have to move to allow for breathing. Even a small crack can inflame a tendon and cripple an arm. (Aelos can't do much in his current state)
Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 11:18 pm

Yeah, if you had taken the fracture in combat, you could argue that you would fight through, but seeing as I doubt you would be hopped up on adrenaline from this, you are in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 11:35 pm

I think the wound was scored against you because you decided to charge Merzinas, who i had given the orders to jog away if that happened, you having left your cover.

That speed wont make him uncatchable, it is more a signifier that he is faster than another character in some actions. If he choose to run fast enough that no one could catch him, then he wouldnt be able to do anything but run away, and wouldn't achieve anything but postpone the match.

I think the broken rib was just artistic licence on Saeros' part, you dont have any conditions accept for one less wound (i think, it is hosts decision).
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 11:39 pm

DrSane wrote:
I think the wound was scored against you because you decided to charge Merzinas, who i had given the orders to jog away if that happened, you having left your cover.

That speed wont make him uncatchable, it is more a signifier that he is faster than another character in some actions. If he choose to run fast enough that no one could catch him, then he wouldnt be able to do anything but run away, and wouldn't achieve anything but postpone the match.

I think the broken rib was just artistic licence on Saeros' part, you dont have any conditions accept for one less wound (i think, it is hosts decision).

My objection is mostly because Savan would not be tricked if he did what I PM'ed he would do. Wich is also moving towards Merzinas and thus shield both of any arrows coming from the corner (nort-west-south), since he wrote Brand shot from near the tree, that arrow should not have been able to hit. The defensive measure I implemented to shield Aelos was ignored.

And Savan is slow while using his shield, thus making both character a lot faster if they run.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 11:46 pm

That would have been true but you sprinted out to attack Merzinas, which is why you got shot i assume
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 11:52 pm

DrSane wrote:
That would have been true but you sprinted out to attack Merzinas, which is why you got shot i assume

Aye, but the sprint was a short one. (we were already close, and your initial move was to advance, then you jogged back)
Savan would also advance towards you, making the shot, from that angle, miraculously bending.
Also, Saeros wrote 'from the corner of his eye', wich as I pointed out would be the starting point of Brand and thus even more unlikely to fire and hit before Aelos could swing his sword and hit Merzinas from such a close range.

Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 11:36 pm

The broken rib is not supposed to hinder you in any way, unless you want it to. Rib wounds are not always that debilitating. If it still annoys you, consider it a more like a cracked rib.

Savan barely managed to cover himself, much less run to Aelos and cover him as well.

Looking from the good side, now Merzinas is at your mercy. Unless he decides to run away like a wet cat.

I have already two scenarios in which you and Savan can defeat Brand.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 1:31 am

DrSane wrote:
Saeros wrote:
Quote :
how can Brand move the same length in the second round as the first, and still shoot effectively?
Brand has SP 6 and SK 4.

WTF!!?? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Oh dear God...

Last edited by Pravenstern on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : The picture didn't show up, deleted it.)
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 1:32 am

Yes?
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 1:15 am

Let's get arena III moving again.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 2:23 am

I wrote you a pm, but only marcus returned with some orders for his character
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 2:24 am

I'm still waitiing for a return pm from Saeros.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 2:37 am

Psychozoa wrote:
I wrote you a pm, but only marcus returned with some orders for his character

He didn't include Altaïr in today's PM?
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 3:29 am

I got one PM from Marcus from the 26th and he said he locked at you and then did his secret action =)
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 11:45 am

Could we get an updated map for Arena I again please?
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 11:47 am

Yes. First thing for me tomorrow is answering pms for all arenas. Then I'll draw the map.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 8:35 pm

Announcement:

With OOC-Mordred's retirement and IC-Mordred's distancing from Pendorian affairs, I'm afraid I'll have to close Arena I. That is because the arena fighter known as Brand Eisenmühl was actually king Mordred Adalhard in disguise - hence the high stats. It was intented to be a surprise.

I stress that this Arena and this very fight may well be reactivated later. It depends on the path Aftermath takes from here and how much interest is kept in the Arena event as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 9:27 pm

That explains so much...

Well, I guess now Aelos can claim he was the last one to duel the King before the latter's demise.

Back to top Go down
Tubby McChubbles
Grandmaster
Tubby McChubbles

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 5:48 am

GASP! Aelos killed Mordred!
Back to top Go down
Datedsandwich
Knight
Datedsandwich

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:02 am

and Savan helped! Oh dear.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:04 am

From this day on, call me Aelos Kingslayer
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:14 am

Tubby McChubbles wrote:
About damn time too. He has been planning that for quite some time
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:18 am

Pravenstern wrote:
Tubby McChubbles wrote:
About damn time too. He has been planning that for quite some time

I think it was the third day on this forum that I created the Rebellion thread. So it would not be a strange thing if you really think Aelos planned everything and only joined the Griffon Order and the tourney to kill his beloved King.

Revenge for his ancestor's death during the time of Cavalas' line of Kings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC for Arenas I, II and II   OOC for Arenas I, II and II - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC for Arenas I, II and II
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath :: Sarleon :: Arena-
Jump to: