Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Literature

Go down 
+3
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Isabel Tenorio
Saeros
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

Literature - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Literature   Literature - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:25 am

Saeros wrote:
EDIT: don't ever forget the Tamriel Rebuilt mods.

Is it even possible to do so?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Literature   Literature - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 2:27 am

I know how to lucid dream, I do so a few times a month now with varying durations. Wake Initiated Luicd Dreams are different in that you aren't realizing that you're dreaming, but rather enter a kind of meditative state in which you let your body fall asleep while keeping your mind conscious but not terribly alert until you're actually deeply asleep and can influence the dream that has been playing out in front of you without waking yourself up and turning it into a mere daydream.

Stephen LeBerge has written a few books with tips and tricks that he learned from his research. If anyone is interested in the idea I recommend his book Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming to start with. Granted most of it is useless crap because in the end you simply have to reach that point in a dream where your mind is inquisitive enough to realize something isn't quite making sense yet isn't active enough to entirely wake you up.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Literature   Literature - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:17 am

Saeros wrote:
@ Iskar: A friend of mine, physics researcher, tried to explain me a theory with a weird name, where there are 27 (?) dimensions and where some mathematical concepts only make sense when particles continuously make a loop over themselves in some of those dimensions. Seriously, that's way beyong [sic] my grasp.
Sounds like your friend was talking about String Theory. It is very elegant and would be able to explain most of the phenomena we know as well as unifying general relativity and quantum mechanics to a single theory. However, for it to yield results compatible with our measurements it requires a total of 11 or in some versions 12 dimensions in contrast to our usual 3+1 dimensional spacetime. Particles in this theory are no longer small spherical objects with certain charges, but very small strings, oscillating, where the frequency and amplitude of the oscillation determine the properties of the particle. It may be a very promising theory but so far it has not made any predictions we could test via experiments.

I find it interesting how delving into science fundamentally changes your view on the world. When I was at school I liked maths and science because I thought it to be exact, eternal, unfallible and independent of human insufficiencies. (Yes, you may well say I was a strange teenager.) Now, after four years of maths and physics I like it all the more because it is actually nothing of the aforementioned, but still (in a constructivist way) lays the foundations of our world. My concept of what I call 'reality' or 'world' also changed completely. At first it was a bit mindbogging, but you get used to keeping track of all the meta-levels as well as always watching yourself not to fall for naive common-sense-inspired suppositions.

Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Literature   Literature - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:29 am

I kindly suggest we take this discussion to the Just Talking thread.

Going back to the literature issue:

devs, should we hope for a series of Pendor books in the bookstores within the decade? Will Pop ever be developed into something more than a game?

others, should be create a Pendor equivalent to the UESP?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Literature   Literature - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 3:52 am

For that to work you need to make PoP accessible (and actually accessed) by a broader audience. There is few people of my age I know that have not at some point played a TES game and therefore this community can rely on a strong base of supporters from which dedicated writers as well as their readers are easily recruited. The PoP community is much smaller and while we, who are deeply immersed into this world by having done the roleplay for a year now, would certainly be convinced that having PoP related literature and other stuff would be awesome, I think other people would not be that easily persuaded.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Literature   Literature - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 4:02 am

Just write a story containing the Noldor and you'll find a lot of fantasy fans to read it Wink

Or you can lift on the succes of asoiaf and write more about court intrigue. PoP does have multiple Kings Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Literature   Literature - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Literature
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath :: Sarleon :: The Den of Iniquities-
Jump to: