Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

King Mordred

Go down 
+14
Sir Haegon
Psychozoa
DiabloDude
dowpride
MordKaiser87
Sir Aranor
Saeros
Kamos
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Curanthir
Azlanek
Iskar
Pravenstern
Mordred
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

King Mordred - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 4:44 am

Mordred wrote:
(though a rune weapon, or at least something similar will be introduced later in this story).
Hate to necro this thread but this got my attention. Plain forgotten?
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:18 pm

I actually got permission to work on the history of the unification wars, but every time I sit down to do something for Pendor, I rather try to work through my event host duties, so I did not get very far until now.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:07 am

England’s queen is named something like Elizabeth Alexandra Mary of Saxe Coburgh Gotha, queen of this Realm and of Her other Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith (and so on).

What is Mordred’s full title?
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:53 am

As per words of Sir Darlion: Oh Lord and master, Mordred the Great, Unifier of Pendor, Tamer of the Jatu, Befriender of the Nolder, Vanquisher of the Vanskeries, Bane of the Mystmountain Tribes, Hunter of Heretics, Uprooter of the Brotherhood, Conquerer of the Snake Cult, Spotter of the Fish Knight, Ally of the Mettenheim, Man of the People, Breaker of the Shield Wall, Victor over the Mad King Ulric, Master of the D'shar, Queller of the Empire, Smiter of Ravenstern, and King of Pendor.

Good enough?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:54 am

Why is there nothing about the order of Pink Pansies?
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:55 am

Iskar wrote:
Why is there nothing about the order of Pink Pansies?
Any traces of this have been erased from records. Officially: 'Never happened!'
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:31 am

Not bad for an introduction, but what about his main titles?

Also, you forgot the Fierdsvain.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 4:50 am

Mordred wrote:
Not bad for an introduction, but what about his main titles?

Also, you forgot the Fierdsvain.
It was made by DD and Fierdsvain is presented as "Breaker of the Sield Wall".
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:05 am

Its been a long time in coming...

Hope Falters

The victory at Highpass burnt brightly for a time, recruits hoping to see the prophesy fulfilled flocked to the castle eager to sign up with the rising armies of Pendor, their recruiters travelling far and wide promising unity and peace in the realm torn apart by continual war. The reality however was far darker. Although the D’Shar had been soundly beaten, Kadan Bahadur Khan knew the threat of rogue lords loose in his realm, and harried the fledgling nation continually. To make matters worse, the newly crowned king vanished soon after his coronation, leaving behind even the Companions without a word. Days later Frederick, ever the most faithful of the Companions also left.

The remaining Companions tried to keep things together, fighting bitter skirmishes in a bid to keep the flickering flame of Pendor burning but the noose was tightening and even the most devoted began to despair. Lethaldiran was the next to leave, fading away into the night just like when he first arrived. Next was Sigismund with Sara, then Sir Jocelyn and Boadice. Finally there was only Sir Roland and Leslie remaining, the walls of Highpass long since encircled by the massed forces of the D’Shar waiting like vultures for the garrison to give out. In the distance, from the hot D’Shar steppe came a distant dust cloud and the defenders prepared their surrender in the face of this additional threat. Before the gates were opened however, there was a great roar and an army from Mettenheim fell on the D’Shar forces led by the stalwart Frederick.

It later transpired that King Mordred had ordered Frederick to leave soon after he did, and head for Janos. On his arrival there, he was greeted by a consortium of merchants who had been ordered to procure a massive shipment of food supplies bound for Mettenheim, and Frederick was to supervise their safe arrival to Aysenburg, and thus successfully complete the mission he had set out for many years before. In gratitude, the Count dispatched an army with Frederick to assist their new belaboured ally. Bolstered by this new garrison, the lands around High Pass rapidly gained the reputation of being one of the most secure regions of Pendor, and it experienced unprecedented growth, the Bahadur Khan turned his attention elsewhere as he was now too busy with wars against the Empire and Sarleon to concern himself over one lost castle in his hinterland.

Snakes in the Grass

What precisely happened to the King during these events is harder to place; there are conflicting reports of his actions during this time. Some scholars from the Ebony Gauntlets claim that he rejoined their Order and resumed his battle against the Noldor, and it is defiantly known that multiple members of the elder race disappeared during this time. Meanwhile, the historians of the Empire claim that he rejoined the armies of Marius, though there are no army records to back this up. There is even a rumour that the false hero Boris the Raven was actually Mordred fighting more directly to fulfil the prophesy, and this is given further credence by Boris’s fall from grace at the same time that King Mordred returned to the political landscape several years later.

Most likely however is the troubling account given by the medics of the Radiant Cross, of a proven outbreak of the Red Plague, a story that was successfully quashed until the discovery of some journals left behind in their hospital. These texts speak of a “gaunt man of average height, with greasy blond hair and sunken eyes, wrapped in bandages that covered yellowed pustules in the armpits and around the groin that wept blood rather than pus. Despite this condition his gaze could still pierce to the soul belying incredible inner strength, else this man would surely today be dead.”

The reason now for Mordred’s increasing frustration and desperation become clear. If he had indeed contracted the Red Plague, the bane of his ancestors, then the future of Pendor was put in serious doubt. Unfortunately Mordred was disappointed in his search with the Radiant Cross, who seemed more concerned with stopping him spreading the disease by any means necessary, than they were with finding the cure or even the cause. A determination which would cause Emperor Marius to take a far more personal interest and involvement in the policy of the Radiant Cross, though this is a story for another time.

Mordred tried to keep away from large populations following the despairing prognosis, and it was on the road that he met an unlikely character; Sir Alistair, a Knight of the Eventide dispatched to seek down Sir Roland. Mordred kept his association with the Paladin of the Dawn quiet, however his own quest piqued the interest of the knight. Mordred had since determined that the answer lay now with the Snake Cult, the party he held responsible for the spread of the Red Plague hundreds of years ago. Sir Alistair ever interested in acquiring forbidden knowledge to better understand the mysteries of Astraea readily agreed to help, and secured the aid of a Snake Priestess known as Alyssa.

In order to investigate this properly, he would have to join the Cult.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:00 pm

Easy to read and you got me hooked, I want to know more =)

btw: I liked your other Avatar more...
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:26 pm

I think I've heard this story before somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:35 pm

*grabs popcorn*

Please, go on.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 6:34 pm

awesome Wink

your previous avatar was too good, I would never believe him joining the cult! but your new avatar....

one (unrelated) question though, how many years have passed since the siege of Sarleon?

Last edited by Aelos on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Shit son, dont let the dawn find out. ( we're scared of snakes)
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:19 pm

Calm down Dr Sssane the King and hisss Griffonsss will ensure Pendorsss sssafety.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 8:51 pm

The Ssshadow Legion Ssshall defend Cez until the end.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:04 pm

The holy Astraea my preach peace, but when it is Pendor itself that is threatened, then it is every Astraeians duty to defend all that is holy.

His holiness Aranor has called a crusade to reclaim the silver throne from the cultists, who would deny Astraeian pilgrims there right to visit the holy places

It is time for the armies of Pendor to put aside their petty differences and unit under one banner, the sign of the scales, and give back to Astraea's children what is rightfully theirs, or die trying!

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuoLzx0mcho)
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 9:07 pm

Don't worry. This Astraeian Griffon has secured the throne... uh, I meant he... uhm... Long live Valdemar Adalhard!
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 1:00 am

DrSane wrote:
The holy Astraea my preach peace, but when it is Pendor itself that is threatened, then it is every Astraeians duty to defend all that is holy.

His holiness Aranor has called a crusade to reclaim the silver throne from the cultists, who would deny Astraeian pilgrims there right to visit the holy places

It is time for the armies of Pendor to put aside their petty differences and unit under one banner, the sign of the scales, and give back to Astraea's children what is rightfully theirs, or die trying!

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuoLzx0mcho)

Good, looks like im not the only one that has played Medieval 2 Total War to death then. I cant quite recall the one about Jihad though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 1:45 am

Glad you are enjoying the little twist, heh. More to come though I badly need to do some actual work now. I've made notes for some ideas of what is to come, so will hopefully get those properly fleshed out sometime soon.

Good news is that I am in a proper writing mood now, its incredible the motivation a few comments can give so thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 1:59 am

I know the feeling.

So, it was quite nice reading that indeed. Just want to hear what end will that pact of Snake Cult and Mordred reach.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 am

It will reach the end where the Shadow Legion has to go to war with the Griffons over their loyalty to a Snake King. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:02 am

I think that Azlanek is actually posing as Mordred. Have you noticed that you never really see his face?
Mordred died due to the red plague, and Azlanek took over with dark magic.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:03 am

That's absurd.

Mordred took over for Azlanek, that's why you never see Azzy's face. The Prince of Darkness is really our King!

It explains why the King has left Singal independent. He is simply waiting for a time to spark a crisis and lead the Kingdom over to Erida Occisor.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:07 am

Well then.. it seems about time I officially Crown our young prince Valdemar Adalhard as King of Pendor.

You'll see, while Mordred is busy attending the Jousting, Aelos will crown Valdemar... he is absent for reason Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Mordred   King Mordred - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

King Mordred
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next