Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts

Go down 
+18
Azlanek
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Slopsen
Psychozoa
DiabloDude
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Ser Varys
Sir Aranor
Kamos
Tubby McChubbles
Pravenstern
Iskar
Saeros
Datedsandwich
Sir Haegon
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Isabel Tenorio
Mordred
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 7:32 am

Because of a misconception did he dispute it. The royal Pendor army are not the duke's troops, but the king's. The same goes for the entire city and castle of Sarleon. Darlion rules them for the king, not by his own right. A royal decree overrides any authority over the royal army in the particular situation it is addressed at. But let Mordred decide that, if you still disagree.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 7:37 am

You cannot say 'it isn't a dispute because I'm right'

Diablodude raised an objection, and due to RL constraints he isn't able to further discuss it right now. He'll be back later and it can be addressed then, or tomorrow as the timezones allow.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 7:59 am

Which is, I dare mention again, why we need to dedicate ourselves more to lore-building. We're able to brainstorm for a while, while DD doesn't come back.

1. How is the kingdom's military structured? Let me try something:

(unit-->commanders)

Royal Orders-->King-->Respective grandmasters-->2nds in command
Royal Army-->King-->Marshal
Royal Navy-->King-->Admiral
City Watch-->Duke/Coun tetc. ...legally also the king, but why would he bother? So duke it is.
Garrison-->Duke/Count etc ...same as above.
City Milita-->Watch Cpt.

2. Does every city have different laws?

3. Are there rules of hospitality? (such as: don't kill the messenger, feed and shelter guests of noble blood)

4. Which positions of influence are there? Who has power of whom?

All military quoted above?
High priests (one for each god)?
Tribunal (that inquisition-like thing of the dawn)?

Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 8:21 am

1. Marshall = Sigimund Stonehand
Admiral = ???, might need two for the two seas
etc. Still, pretty solid

2. The way I see it that all cities follow at least principles set by the King. However, due to different climates and cultural factors, there are probably different laws within each city.

3. It would be weird if there wasn't.

4. Read Notables of Pendor:
Marcher Lord Alamar
Marshal Sigimund Stonehand
Royal Librarian Aldemar
Lord Chamberlain Gundar Doomseeker
I'd say Navy would be within the jurisdication of Marshal unless Mordred says otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 8:22 am

There is no Royal Navy as of yet.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 8:26 am

to 4. Do not forget the clergy. We had some suggestions regarding that in an earlier discussion:
Churches and Clergy:
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:08 pm

The Royal Army doubles as Sarleon's city watch, or else I'd have had to use Darlion's personal troops (Which are the capital's troops, which are the core of Mordred's army).

As Duke of Sarleon, Darlion acts as the highest ranking commander, aside from the king, who ranks above everyone in all military matters.

Mordred can best clarify if Iskar has the ability to command the guard, or if that falls to Darlion. Shall we put that specific part of the meeting on "Hold" and proceed with the vote, or pause and wait for Mordred before we get too far ahead of events?

EDIT: The major issue Iskar, and why I advised you rewrite your post, is because you're stepping into the territory of controlling other people's characters. Yes the guard is an NPC, but an NPC I introduced. When you took the knife fro Mastifus, you gave no room for Mordred to make him old on to it and fight the guard if he wished, you just did it.

That rubs me the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:29 pm

Wasn't the knife on the map, in the middle of the table?

See, I don't want you to rethink your actions and I'm quite curious to see where this will lead to. But grounding all that behavior only on that single knife is overdoing it, though.

Besides, wasn't it clear that event hosts are the ones allowed to describe and control the environment? It's written somewhere in the RP guidelines. Sure, they can't control other people, but picking up a knife from the table sounds reasonable.

I don't want this to become a source of hate and bitterness. But no one denies that some things must be clarified. In particular: who is in charge a) of this meeting and b) of this event.
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:32 pm

Oh, don't worry, I have no ill will OOC.

Still, I don't think even if Iskar is the host having Darlion's men following his orders is a reasonable action. As for the knife, though it was in the middle of the table, mastifus still could have grabbed it as he was closer than the guards. I don't think it should be treated differently than if it was in his possession.

I agree with clarification being needed.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:36 pm

Well, this can be clarified right now: Iskar was commanding my guards. He woundn't be stupid to give orders to your ultra-loyal men in their own city, I think.

Unless I misread it. If so, sorry for calling you stupid, Iskar. I won't read it all again right now.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:38 pm

Iskar referred to the "castle guard captain" in his post.
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:43 pm

I have to admit, the Silvermist are the event hosts...but I still can't see why either the Royal Army or the Griffons wouldn't still be in charge of security. They might coordinate with a Silvermist officer or two to ensure that things run smoothly, but they know the city best. There seems to be little point in dragging along additional security with us when there are scores of men headquartered at our destination, men who (theoretically, to appease the paranoid among you) have the realm's best interests at heart and, thus, the least reason to betray it.
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:45 pm

Sure you don't want to put on Griffon colours before it's too late Laisha?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:46 pm

We have cookies and punch every thursday night.

(Note: Punch is not a drink...)
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:51 pm

Isabel Tenorio wrote:
(Note: Punch is not a drink...)

Yes it is, its made from fruit right?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:53 pm

Nope, it is made from the fists of Kamos.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:55 pm

I'm sorry, but i dont think anyone would drink punch where someone put their hands in it.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Not willingly, anyway. No
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:57 pm

Isabel Tenorio wrote:
No

That emote is innacurate, no one has a green face either
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 2:00 pm

Firstly, I think we are giving this much more attention than it needs. What was RPed was RPed, and we'll have to cope with it. Some things need to be clarified, as I said, but after that we will have to handle that IC. I think that even talking about that here, OOC, is cheating.

Secondy: hitting my guards, kicking a door and openly defying the rules of the meeting is hardly the best way to make griffon and silvermist guards work together. Even the gauntlets aren't that ill-mannnered.

Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 2:02 pm

The main issue is the committing of a cardinal sin of RP: RPing the results of your action. Ordering a knife to be taken is one thing, having it succeed is another. It's all the more an issue when one gives another player's NPC an order, and has it obeyed in their own post.

The argument of the legitimacy of the characters giving orders is best left IC... and to the ones with the most swords. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Isabel Tenorio on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : committing, not breaking)
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 2:12 pm

Technically, all npcs in this event are property of the host. Darlion bringing npcs would depend on the hosts approval.

Though I concede that Iskar shouldn't have commanded the castle guard, but only the rangers. Alas, our characters are flawed and prone to mistakes as we are.

And Iskar's reaction was a good one, actually. If I were online and had the post initiative, I would have arrested Darlion, and now Saeros would be either dead or demoted, and the kingdom would be split in two. That may still happen, but I can proudly say it's not my fault Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 2:15 pm

When was Iskar made host again?

Silvermists are to hold to meeting. I don't recall Iskar being made GM host of this event.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 2:25 pm

Let me suggest this:

1) clarify who is the host. It probably won't change anything, so we will have to:

2) solve this IC.

Let's stop babbling (does this word exist? I won't even look in the dictionary now). We all know that you won't convince Iskar and that Iskar won't convince you.
Back to top Go down
DiabloDude
Voice of the Nobility
DiabloDude

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 2:28 pm

I don't see any need to quit discussion.

We're being more productive here than anything that's happened IC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts   Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Throne Room OOC - Archived Parts
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next