Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Politics of the East (OOC)

Go down 
+6
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Psychozoa
Saeros
Iskar
Sir Aranor
Mordred
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

Politics of the East (OOC) Empty
PostSubject: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 1:06 am

As requested, a board to outline the development of the Steppe. This will be an ongoing event, rather than a dedicated one as you are currently involved with so expect continuous updates, most likely in line with the Meta Game orders. I'm still looking for a host, but expect an announcement shortly.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 1:08 am

May I suggest someone like Varys or Celdiur?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 2:58 am

Thanks for setting this up, Mordred. I'm looking forward to finally enacting all our plans Smile

By the way: Would you give the Shadow Legion access to this, too? I think our roleplay here will involve them at some point and we would inform them of our actions anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:19 am

Iskar wrote:
Thanks for setting this up, Mordred. I'm looking forward to finally enacting all our plans Smile

By the way: Would you give the Shadow Legion access to this, too? I think our roleplay here will involve them at some point and we would inform them of our actions anyway.

Will do.

Sir Aranor wrote:
May I suggest someone like Varys or Celdiur?

Already asked someone.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:42 pm

Great idea. I think I'll wait a bit before posting, though, as I'm not nure when exactly this is happening. We are working in four or five different points in time and I'm starting to get confused about what my character knows in this event's timeframe. I'll come back here when the throne room event is finished.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:18 pm

Well, we could at least start with the agrarian stuff, since it is mostly unrelated to the political and military issues we're discussing in the throne room or dealing with in the events.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:00 am

Quote :
Already asked someone.

Why? We will often need your decision about lore and metagame effects for the things discussed here, so a host will be superfluous, I think.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:11 am

Because quite frankly I do not have the time to put towards this myself but I will work closely with this person don't worry.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:14 am

Apologies for the double post, but I am happy to state that Psychozoa is the new host for this event. I know that the Shadow Legion might be invited to partake in this also, but I am confident that he will prove to be a good and neutral host!
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:30 am

Glad to know. If you're reading this, welcome, Psychozoa!

What I meant was that some things planned for the steppes are not foreseen in the metagame rules and we will have to PM GMs for that. Unless the host had Mordred powers.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:38 am

I am sure Iskar and Aranor will made do Smile

Most of the Meta-Game outcomes will likely have to do with hex value / supply production and possibly local faction relations.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:44 am

Iskar will be the more benevolent one.

Me? Depends what time of the day you catch me Razz
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 11:04 am

It would not be appropriate for me to determine outcomes and effects, since I will be playing myself here, but I will gladly supply Psychozoa with all information on how to translate RP outcomes into matching metagame data, if necessary. I'm not aiming at metagame results for each action we have planned, though. Some will just have RP results.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Hello everyone. This will be my first time every doing something like this, so criticism is welcome.

For my first post I need some more Information:

-How many Veccavis did you capture and relocate to the area?
-If you want any names for the Villages for me to use just say it(you created them so you should name them)
-did you relocate peasants from other settlements as well?
-are the veccavis really all eunuchs? will there be no reproduction among them?

I will try to post a map within my first post to make planning a bit easier...

THX =)
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 6:16 pm

I will be following this closely.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 9:25 pm

Quote :
I will be following this closely.
At this point I think we can take for granted that both Legion and Silvermist have a decent amount of commercial and military exchange, with people coming in an out each others borders, so what happens within them would be known to a good extent by both.

Quote :
I will try to post a map within my first post to make planning a bit easier...
To save you the time, just cut-and-paste the steppe region of that hexed map you find in the Throne Room.

For the other questions: Iskar will be able to give you more precise answers, since he's the mathematical head of the order. What I know is that all settled Veccavians are eunucs, but orphan children from the whole kingdom were also relocated there.

EDIT: or use that same map, so you won't even have to upload it.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:31 am

Very much OOC and I wasn't sure how to address this in the IC materials thread without giving a massive hint to a serious problem and how to address it. The Krom / Kral guards are entirely foot-based, and ranching relies very heavily on horsemen and mobility something which currently does not exist, so this ranching is currently VERY inefficient.

The one saving grace to this problem is that there is a good relation between the newdwellers and their guardians, and the Silvermists have passed on some tips on how to maintain stamina on the run, so newdweller runners are better able to deal with the rigours of their position but still not so much as if they were mounted.

There is also a lack of trained horses in the area (and just the one horse dealer in Freemans Redoubt), though there are herds of wild horses roaming around left over from the Jatu mounts.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:33 am

You might want to stop giving us information before my head explodes from all the plans coming to my mind simultaneously Wink
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:34 am

I will, I just believe you should have as full a picture of the situation as you begin. From here its all down to your plans, and what Pshycozoa throws at you!
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:43 am

Laisha, are you going to take part in this? You might gain 1500 loyal followers, yearning for you to give commands to them Wink
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:50 am

She is already a lady, could as well be granted a fief.
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 4:03 am

"Lady" has always been a nickname, technically. She's never thought of herself as nobility (though as I mentioned...well, somewhere, she could technically be one due to her relations).

Frankly, it's just a matter of putting aside the brainpower to get in-character for this. Feel like I've be really busy lately (though by most objective measures, I haven't).
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Nice entry, Psychozoa Smile

PS: We are in the Clarion Hall, not a tent.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:11 pm

Yeah, we're refined people now.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:45 pm

Saeros wrote:
[OOC: what do you think of allocating the 0.5 points of Mordred's spreadsheet to merchants and peasants? In merchants to attract them to our territory, and peasants to do the heavy work. This will speed things up. ]
These modifiers rather describe the amount of support we got from the respective groups, not their numbers. We can however move surplus supply points to the steppe territories. The supply points represent food and everyday necessities, so they are just what the people there lack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Politics of the East (OOC)   Politics of the East (OOC) Empty

Back to top Go down

Politics of the East (OOC)
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next