Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A change to the High Lords and Nobility

Go down 
+8
Iskar
Pravenstern
Kamos
Isabel Tenorio
Sir Aranor
Ser Varys
Saeros
Mordred
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

A change to the High Lords and Nobility Empty
PostSubject: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 2:31 am

I received an interesting PM earlier discussing the role of Lords in Pendor. Up until now, I have been loathe to include them too strongly in the RP, primarily because I simply do not have the time (or will!) to play them, however the Lords of the Realm are becoming increasingly important to the politics of Aftermath and it seems like we are on an inexorable slope to having greater involvement with them.

As such, I have been considering for some time to allow a player to take over the role of these Lords of the Realm (as a collective group), with guidance from me as to their ambitions and personality, which the PM only served to reinforce. This would allow the Dukes in particular to become far more important in the game, and gives them a dedicated mouthpiece for all Orders to interact with individually.

Moreover we can then throw some Nobility aligned events and quests at the Orders which will make good use of the new Faction Relations system (so your decisions will modify your relations with the various groups in Pendor).

What do you think, is this a good idea? Would you put your name forward to taking on this role? Note; that if you do, you will be required to leave your current Character and Order in order to maintain fairness and neutrality.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 2:41 am

I'd suggest asking one the players who have abandoned Aftermath (or are on the verge of doing so).

A TW-Forums job opening invitation might work too.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 5:47 am

I think it's a good idea, although the guidance to the player would have to be lengthy. If you want them to actually act as they should, you should include a detailed, or at the very least, thought out analysis of each Lord to the character at the time needed for the Lord. This might seem linear, but it only expands the RP as the character has to act in character, and this seems to be the best way to do it.

I wouldn't mind doing it myself, as I've been planning of dropping Varys for a while. He's gotten too interesting for me to ruin, and I'd rather he and I go separate ways for the time...but he's quite dear to me. So if no one else steps up for it, I'll volunteer. I'd rather be a last choice, as I still have a lot to do with Varys.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:00 am

Ser Varys wrote:
I think it's a good idea, although the guidance to the player would have to be lengthy. If you want them to actually act as they should, you should include a detailed, or at the very least, thought out analysis of each Lord to the character at the time needed for the Lord. This might seem linear, but it only expands the RP as the character has to act in character, and this seems to be the best way to do it.

I wouldn't mind doing it myself, as I've been planning of dropping Varys for a while. He's gotten too interesting for me to ruin, and I'd rather he and I go separate ways for the time...but he's quite dear to me. So if no one else steps up for it, I'll volunteer. I'd rather be a last choice, as I still have a lot to do with Varys.

I can provide guidance for all the counts and such. I made them, i can pretty much do them all. I dont think anyone would suspect me of being unfair.

Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:15 am

Bias seems less relevant, as Mordred would still be in consultation with the nobility player, than general RP ability of stepping into multiple pre-made characters. Anyone who takes this over would also need to be able to think politically in those multiple roles, while intentionally excluding information that particular noble wouldn't have.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:26 am

I still think we shouldn't lose any dedicated Aftermath players. In some cases one player is already half of an Order. A new TW-Forum player would be best.

Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:30 am

I would be very concerned about bringing a new player in as while Mordred will be active in this, he obviously doesn't want to micromanage. Someone with RP experience is an absolute must, though judging someone by Aftermath is all we can do really.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:32 am

I am with Isabel here, it is an important role and I simply do not trust new players enough that they will stick around. Our retention rate isn't exactly awe inspiring.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 6:42 am

I wouldn't mind doing it I suppose. Though I work odd hours so responses might be slow.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:35 am

If we can RP our characters and the dukes at the same time, I wouldn't mind joining in. RPing Kyros was hilarious...
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:40 am

Well, the Shadow is mine... Wink
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:45 am

Let's not turn this into bidding war. If Mordred has any combinations in mind, they should be 'assigned' first, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:47 am

It's not about claims or anything. The point is that the Shadow is a central part of the continuous Singal RP the storyline of which I devised and whose unfolding I oversee. I.e. he would best be taken out of the list of lords to be played.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:50 am

I would suggest one person take control and cease other Aftermath roles, otherwise Mordred has to correspond with most everyone, and concerns of impartiality will surely be raised.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:54 am

I agree to Iskar maintaining the Shadow as that is an integral role to the Eventide mission (and he would likely only actually interact with the Eventide), otherwise it would need to someone entirely neutral.

I know for myself that I sometimes struggle to maintain impartiality with the Dragons despite my best efforts, and I would not wish to thrust such pressure on others. Its easier to just remove the connections, rather than continually have to create a juggling act to make sure you are not unfairly boosting (or reducing) the power of the Order with whom you are a member.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:55 am

I agree to Iskar maintaining the Shadow as that is an integral role to the Eventide mission (and he would likely only actually interact with the Eventide), otherwise it would need to someone entirely neutral.

I know for myself that I sometimes struggle to maintain impartiality with the Dragons despite my best efforts, and I would not wish to thrust such pressure on others. Its easier to just remove the connections, rather than continually have to create a juggling act to make sure you are not unfairly boosting (or reducing) the power of the Order with whom you are a member. I absolutely know that it goes both ways, and I can think of a couple of occasions that I probably unfairly penalised the Dragons where perhaps I had no reason to.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Very well, I think that we are agreed that the position is needed. I will have a word with the Game Masters, and let you know what's next.
Back to top Go down
Hetzau
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:59 pm

I'll offer up my services. Hetzau is only really used for fights and bar brawls and being a bastard to everyone. I'd like to keep him for that, but I have no loyalty to the Griffons, if I'm honest, as a player - only as a character. Come to think of it, I've fought them more than anyone else. Anyway, my name's on the table.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 4:22 pm

Mordred wrote:

I know for myself that I sometimes struggle to maintain impartiality with the Dragons despite my best efforts, and I would not wish to thrust such pressure on others. Its easier to just remove the connections, rather than continually have to create a juggling act to make sure you are not unfairly boosting (or reducing) the power of the Order with whom you are a member. I absolutely know that it goes both ways, and I can think of a couple of occasions that I probably unfairly penalised the Dragons where perhaps I had no reason to.

To be perfectly honest I've never like controlling the meta game. And Kamos was built as someone who really didn't like or want leadership. I've already roleplayed that by making him bored, tired, and disgusted with things.
I'm not sure I'd miss cutting my string or being severely demoted so as I don't really take part in decision making.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 7:39 am

I have been speaking to the Game Masters, and we have decided to invite Isabel to be the voice of the Lords of the Realm. Her first task will most likely be to play as Aelfwine in the forthcoming ka-fuffle.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 7:41 am

I'm going to keep my username as Isabel Tenorio though, at least for now. It took me over a week just to stop typing 'ana sulran' before, I can't imagine trying to do something else again!

No more Griffon-ness for me, though.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 7:44 am

I'll leave you with access to the Griffons for a few more days so you can make the transition, however ultimately I will remove it.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 7:48 am

I wish you luck in your new carreer!

And I'm sad to lose Isabel. Your characters are very interesting (in a worring way), and she had quite the potential.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 8:32 am

Izzy isn't gone yeeeeet.

So, if your Orders wish to communicate with the nobility, either let me know the context of the meeting publicly, or PM me. Then we'll work out how to handle the IC. I just ask that you don't all go on a blitz to make deals with eeeevery noble right away, though if you having something you think will be substantive than don't hold back.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 12:00 pm

Aww I wanted to send you Tenorio after I had made him a Dawn repinitant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A change to the High Lords and Nobility   A change to the High Lords and Nobility Empty

Back to top Go down

A change to the High Lords and Nobility
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next