Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just a brief heads up

Go down 
+10
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
DiabloDude
Tubby McChubbles
Pravenstern
Saeros
Iskar
Hetzau
Isabel Tenorio
Sir Haegon
Mordred
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

Just a brief heads up Empty
PostSubject: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 12:42 am

Due to the massive amount of fallout over the Throne Room event, I have decided to remove myself from all events, and will not be planning any events in the future. I had meant to write an entire essay giving specific reasons for this decision, but ultimately I am just tired of all the drama.

If you have any queries about anything going on now, please go to one of the other GM's. I will also be handing Admin control to Iskar so that he can set new boards and things up as necessary.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 12:50 am

Holy Astraea!

Does this mean you will RP more as King?

I'm sure a holiday in the North would do him good. :p
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:01 am

Unlikely, I am trying to decide what to do with that role. Likewise with Mastifus.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:02 am

Mordred wrote:
Unlikely, I am trying to decide what to do with that role. Likewise with Mastifus.

Seems like you are planning to retire just like DD.

Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:13 am

Unfortunately, with Mordred stepping down, I will need to do the same.
Back to top Go down
Hetzau
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:14 am

Why's that, Isabel? I really hope I'm not witnessing the end of this roleplay. Mor, that sucks. Couldn't you ignore it, and delegate more, lessening the pressure on yourself?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:15 am

Without Mordred's influence, I can't continue in good faith continue as the Voice.
Back to top Go down
Hetzau
Voice of the Nobility

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:17 am

Ah, the pettiness of the few and all that. Surely there's some resolution here?
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:18 am

But you have the role of a 'neutral' entity.. balance and restraint right there.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:19 am

Not really, this is a decision I have to make about my own fun. I'm not as self-less as the GMs that can put in so much work for so long without having fun. The RP is about entertainment and relaxation, after all.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:20 am

That is damn unfortunate, that you want/have to step down. I would urge you to rethink that decision and/or discuss anything that would keep you from continuing in "good faith" with me, so we might seek a solution.

As for myself, I just returned home from work to find my username blue. Shocked

I am honoured by the trust Mordred places in me and will do my best to live up to it. Expect most Silvermist planning to come from Laisha, Saeros and Aldric in the future...
Should it turn out on the long run that my character and my office here are incompatible I will step down from the latter.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:22 am

Please don't go. Whatever it is, I have faith that we can arrive at a civil resolution.

When was the fateful event of the Throne Room? A few days ago? And in these few days you GMs have all quarrelled and decided that it's not worthy anymore? I think this decision should be rethought, and you should wait at least a couple more weeks.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:36 am

No, its more than that. I've been questioning my continued involvement for some time, I took up a position with Aftermath when I was the Lead Designer, intending it to be an extension of the general community. Now though I barely even have anything to do with Pendor at large, fact is I have not been an active part of the Pendor Development Team for some time now, and I have not even logged in to the Dev Forums for months.

Since then I have maintained a position here as the admin (which I enjoyed, and still do), to being a roleplayer with no ability to do well... anything. As much as I like being a leader, I find that the position of being King simply has to pander to too many factors which makes the role all but unplayable and I really am fed up of continually juggling the different facets of it and having to deal with the fall out from every single decision I made in that position, it just isn't fun, or interesting to me any more.

The thing which has kept me to long with Aftermath is the Meta Game, I love how the system has grown from being a way to limit Orders' spending power to an integral part of the game as a whole, particularly watching how it has evolved over time. The lessons I have learned from it as a game developer are peerless and this I would be quite happy to continue doing (developing the rules and systems that is, not maintaining the day to day running of it).
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:38 am

So can I convince you to keep playing Mastifus and be involved in that brilliant meta-game.. just for fun?
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:44 am

What Aelos said.

So it would be a small victory for us players to have you at least as a metagame advisor/admin.

Mordred, another thought: how about you being the Voice of the Nobility? There are no responsibilites and no one will complain to you.

And this:
Quote :
to being a roleplayer with no ability to do well... anything
Well, we all suck.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:45 am

I hope that you will still be around. Although we found us on opposite sides of several arguments in the past I have always valued your opinion and hope that we will not completely lack your advice.

Since I will have duties to determine a lot of outcomes and things neutrally as an admin I have asked Tubby whether he would act as a co-admin or counsellor, such that no admin decisions are made unless at least both of us agree, although I am likely to let all gamemasters discuss issues at hand in the most cases anyway.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:47 am

Well, the king is an important part of the game so he can't just be put out. However, he could be used a lot more sparingly in IC-scenes.

And what comes to Iskar, Congratulations! Try to be fair with your access to Inner Sanctums though.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:53 am

Quote :
Mordred, another thought: how about you being the Voice of the Nobility?

I somewhat doubt that this would make matters any better. As Isabel rather insightfully commented when she took the position "I'm thinking of this as more of setting up a good fight to lose on purpose", which is precisely what I was doing as King, there was just more at stake.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 1:59 am

The real difference between the King and the Voice role is that the nobility is not singular. Power-wise, the nobility could dominate the Orders if they were united. The King has the same problem, except his power can't be divided and acted upon. The nobility has their own fractures which would make 'monolithicizing' them easy to prevent. The King is fully capable of acting however he pleases, whenever he pleases. The soft touch is hard to get right, as someone is always going to complain.

An individual noble can be defeated, even a small group of them. The nobility as a whole cannot be fought outright in a contest with the Orders. The King is like the whole of the nobility, power-wise.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:07 am

On a more unrelated note, are you going to finish Mordred's bio? Or is that just up for our own imagination.. because I will add dragons.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:10 am

I would like to, but probably at the same rate it has been going thus far, heh.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:11 am

Mordred wrote:
I would like to, but probably at the same rate it has been going thus far, heh.
So, the next piece in spring 2013?
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:12 am

Mordred is following in GRRM's footsteps. Step 1) Write something awesome. Step 2) Get people hooked. Step 3) Keep them waiting for more... This is where Mordred has stopped. Step 4)Promise a series. Step 5) Age so that your fans fear for your health. It's next to godliness, you know!
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:13 am

@Isabel: I'd pay to see it. I disagree that the Voice of Nobility has to lose on purpose and I doubt that they are able to defeat the united orders.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:16 am

The nobility is more powerful than the Orders. The squabbles of the Knights are just not enough to mobilize that power for the most part. Javiksholm was just one of the weakest duchies.

One of the things I was looking most closely at was how to keep the Orders from being destroyed if the Aelfwine situation went poorly. Fortunately that's not hard, as the Nobles' personalities and goals were well-made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a brief heads up   Just a brief heads up Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a brief heads up
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath :: Sarleon :: The Den of Iniquities-
Jump to: