Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just talking - archived

Go down 
+28
Tubby McChubbles
Psychozoa
Ser Varys
Sir Haegon
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Slopsen
Sir Laralthir
Lokloklok
Fidelity
Zero of Laria
Mordred
Daedr0th
MitchyMatt
MordKaiser87
mp84
Wolfarmin
Centurion1
Saeros
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Iskar
Kamos
SimplePlan96
Aldric of Marleons
Pravenstern
Curanthir
Azlanek
DiabloDude
Sir Aranor
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

Just talking - archived - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 3:54 am

Actually I have, or he can change armour in a flash, duplicate himself and fight while unconscious.

Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:13 am

Since the Equipment thread has drifted from spears to monarchy...

Who wants to overthrow Mordred and install a Cromwell-style Protectorate in Pendor?!
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:21 am

Good, you remebered me to ask: So, Ana and Aelos, are you serious about this rebellion thing you've been talking about?

I want to RP a character fanactically bent on the kingdom's stability, and have some ideas about it. One of them is to press for a Pendorian constitution. You know, a set of unbreakable laws for preventing abuse from non-cool monarchs, once Mordred dies. I'm sure the followers of the goddess of justice would favour a society build upon laws, wouldn't they?
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:26 am

Interesting to find more like-minded people. Smile

Aelos can still go either way.. I created more ways my character could develop and he is still early in this. If however Mordred and the rest would approve of an event based on a Rebellion, I'd really want Aelos to have a part on the Usurpers side Wink

Last edited by Aelos on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:27 am

Honestly, I don't know!

I'm certainly not serious in most of my OOC comments, at least.

My RP with Ana up to this point has consisted of a some comments about fire and eating an apple, so the personality of a conspirator is totally there. (Conspiracy speeches are always followed by taking a bite of an apple, you know!) Really though, I only have a skeleton of her personality, so I just can't say what she would or wouldn't take part in.

I did, however, dream that I was Ana and went to Barclay, then returned and invaded Pendor by way of Ravenstern. (I had conquered the Ravenstern before bed last night Razz)

I know that I would absolutely love a parliament-like institution in Pendor, regardless of whether or not Mordred pulls a Charles I (Or rather, a Charles I being pulled on him!)

Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:35 am

Okay. Depending on how things go, I will start looking for support on this IC and will eventually meet you in-game. My previous idea was something based on Noldor-worship. But Noldor lore is off-limits even for the GM's, so that kind of died.

Not rebellion. Reform. We won't kill anyone.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:38 am

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Now I feel like throwing Metternich quotes at you, about the dangers of revolution and such. Oh well, I'll just go stare at the picture of Napoleon and him in Dresden instead.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 7:39 am

Saeros wrote:

Not rebellion. Reform. We won't kill anyone.

As long as you realise that this isn't possible... people will die.

Either on a battlefield, or by the shady means of a cloaked figure.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:14 am

C'mon guys really?

The Eventides already f***** up as it is and now you plan on making me choose between Monarchists and Parliamentarians?

I reckon we should have a referendum on Singal's independence from Pendor! Far more interesting dont you think? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:16 am

One step at a time, shall we? Smile

Lorewise Singal is already the most independent city in Pendor there is.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:18 am

Once I own Singal, we can vote on it.

Voting will of course be weighted, based upon ownership and non-ownership of Singal.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 8:03 pm

we could also try to migrate the Noldor in Pendor city's..

We'd have to deal with human-noldor relations and thus have lots of riots, shady plots and what not?

Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:31 pm

double-posting, because I can Wink

If I am not mistaken Leslie was one of Mordred companions?

She is the one that goes around talking about a council of merchants and other important smallfolk, that can veto unfair taxes etc.
What if we would actually do this? Make a council that has the authority to keep the Orders from getting too strong, or tries to undermine Mordred (and his knighthood Orders) at every turn?
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:02 pm

looking at the order strength the amount of control the king has is a complete facade.

there are currently 15'912 elite warriors of the realm. If there was a rebellion, the royal army would be kinda powerless.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:17 pm

DrSane wrote:
looking at the order strength the amount of control the king has is a complete facade.

there are currently 15'912 elite warriors of the realm. If there was a rebellion, the royal army would be kinda powerless.

Noldor and Griffons are on Mordred's side.
And if the Noldor are, the SIlvermists are too
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:24 pm

Griffons are on his side? Same way as the Praetorians were on the emperors. I wouldnt trust such an order, one pledged to justice would be FAR better suited to guarding the king, and of course managing the day to day affairs of the realm, to ease his burden. Issue the order recruitment policies for example. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 10:49 pm

Even if the Griffons aren't.

Having the Noldor as friends would make sure no one would openly start a rebellion.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:02 pm

pfft they'd stick to their forests if they know whats good for them.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:06 pm

Well.. it is Mordred's heir who goes overseas.

So we can't start (and succeed in) a nationwide rebellion.

Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:14 pm

mordred is killed and you ( the hier) is forced to flee your land with the remnants of your loyal followers, carve out a new kingdom. Now doesn't that just seem a tad cooler than nipping over to bumrush the snake cult. (and no im totally not saying that so the dawn can create its own religous autocracy with Ana as the earthly form of astraea, Aranor as the reincarnation of Sir Bernard de Salance and Merzinas sulking in the corner because he was made warden of the royal privies)

In all Saeros'ness, i think it would be cool if that happened, and doesnt really take much to change a few bits of text in the game (i assume).
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:17 pm

DrSane wrote:
mordred is killed and you ( the hier) is forced to flee your land with the remnants of your loyal followers, carve out a new kingdom. Now doesn't that just seem a tad cooler than nipping over to bumrush the snake cult. (and no im totally not saying that so the dawn can create its own religous autocracy with Ana as the earthly form of astraea, Aranor as the reincarnation of Sir Bernard de Salance and Merzinas sulking in the corner because he was made warden of the royal privies)

In all Saeros'ness, i think it would be cool if that happened, and doesnt really take much to change a few bits of text in the game (i assume).

I agree. (Aelos was tutored by Sir Roland, so he follows Astraea)
But he will only kill Mordred if he becomes the new King. Smile
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:53 pm

Following the question of rebellion, now we see that King Mordred has made a huge mistake of eradicating the Order of the Lion, which I believe used to act as a sort of a police force in Sarleon. Perhaps the whole of Pendor will need such an order now; a new task for the Griffin, perhaps? Pendorian Police, the Order of the Griffon.

Besides, currently the "kingsmen" are the Griffin, Silvermists, Noldor and the Shadow Legion. Windriders and Raven Spears are too weak to be anything else but kingsmen. This leaves the Dragons, Dawn Knights and Eventides. Dawn and Eventide are not in the very best terms with eachother, and Dragons with nobody.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:24 am

If this spiral out of control, I'd like to point out that I said reform, not rebellion Smile

I don't think any Griffon could actually do anything against the king. They are supposed to be the most loyal order, bodyguards even, and I think the grandmaster wouldn't have accepted anyone who gave him the slightest reason for suspiction. Just like joining the CIA.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:27 am

There are nearly 2000 knights of the griffon, i think enough would slip through the nets to be a legitamet threat to the kings life, should such a set of circumstances be true
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:28 am

Saeros wrote:
If this spiral out of control, I'd like to point out that I said reform, not rebellion Smile

I don't think any Griffon could actually do anything against the king. They are supposed to be the most loyal order, bodyguards even, and I think the grandmaster wouldn't have accepted anyone who gave him the slightest reason for suspiction. Just like joining the CIA.

CIA agents go rogue. just saying.

I think the Griffons are the only ones who can actually do some harm. since they may be armed in the kings presence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just talking - archived
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next