Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just talking - archived

Go down 
+28
Tubby McChubbles
Psychozoa
Ser Varys
Sir Haegon
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Slopsen
Sir Laralthir
Lokloklok
Fidelity
Zero of Laria
Mordred
Daedr0th
MitchyMatt
MordKaiser87
mp84
Wolfarmin
Centurion1
Saeros
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Iskar
Kamos
SimplePlan96
Aldric of Marleons
Pravenstern
Curanthir
Azlanek
DiabloDude
Sir Aranor
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

Just talking - archived - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 2:39 am

Ana Sulran wrote:
Is anyone opposed to just make a bracket and keeping it as a simple die roll?

If not I could make a simple elimination bracket, if any +/- changes need to be made, that is easy. Then a GM could do the rolls and we could determine the winner of the joust in a day.

sounds like a plan!
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 2:53 am

For Jousting, I don't think it'll work that well. I don't see a definitive way to calculate it fairly to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:06 am

It definitely isn't advanced. My thought would be to just make the joust simple and easy, and only make it for bragging rights or whatever prize the King Mordred might give. The arena fights are the worthwhile part of the tourney in Pendor it seems.

To make it a little more 'fair' to those with a reason to be good at jousting, add +1 to their rolls and make it best two out of three. Or have those that have no reason to know how to joust just sit this one out.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:56 am

So we want:

1) simplicity (for the mental sanity of the hosts)
2) possibility of RP (= not complete randomness)
3) possibility of using orders' skills (= boni/mali acording to your traits)

There's still strategy in my rock-paper-scissors. You can unbalance, end in one hit, or simply attack. If it's simple enough, one could make it a rock-paper-scissors-lizard-spock style:

Speed: ditto. effect: simple hit, -1 WP.
Guard: ditto. effect: unbalance the opponent. Do it twice and and opponent falls down, to his shame.
Headshot: ditto. effect: finisher.
* Aimed hit: your superior skill allows you to take a precison hit against the opponent. Not only removes -1 WP, but also injuries his shoulder, arm, leg or chest.
* Acrobatics: your superior agility allows you to do acrobatics on the horse, confusing the opponent and pleasing the crowd. A defensive maneuver.

Aimet hit is an offensive maneuver performed only by Dawn, Eventide, Griffon, Dragons, Centurions.
The same with acrobatics, a defensive maneuver possible for Clarion Rangers, Windriders, Jatu, Radiant Cross.

speed beats acrobatics and ???
guard beats speed and aimed hit
headshot beats speed only.
aimet hit beats guard and speed
acrobatics beat aimed hit and headshot

No idea.

Anyway, volunteers for the managment of jousting need to step up now. We need someone giving the final word on this. Aelos? Ana? Both?

Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 4:08 am

Well, I guess we still have some time.

Arena fights take a lot of time, but an entire jousting tournament could be done in 1 or 2 days.

If Ana agrees I'd like to work out the fine prints with her, and then the jousting will be held during/after the melee.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 4:47 am

Since the on foot arena fights are already what takes the most RP and tactics, I'd say keep the jousting simple and mostly down to the dice. The main purpose of jousting would then be the RP of those watching it and betting on the contestants.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 4:56 am

Iskar wrote:
Since the on foot arena fights are already what takes the most RP and tactics, I'd say keep the jousting simple and mostly down to the dice. The main purpose of jousting would then be the RP of those watching it and betting on the contestants.

Aye, it will be more about the surroundings, perhaps even Honor seats with the King present?
Joustings were held to Glorify the arrogant brats of Lordly parent after all.

perhaps Orders could use it to fill their treasure chests? Wink
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:04 am

I would be against making the Joust count for RPs (not roleplay, but whatever it is the metagame currency stands for). Perhaps give the winning character a special item, or a fancy title, just something fun to make this worthwhile in the first place.

Saeros, consider me to be Penny in your explanation of rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock. (Big Bang Theory if any of you don't watch that show Razz)

I would be fine with literally making this rock, paper, scissors. Perhaps make it

Aiming for the head beats aiming for the chest. Aiming for the chest beats aiming for the shield. Aiming for the shield beats aiming for the head.

The connection with real jousting may not be great, but it's simple and flavorful.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:23 am

Double post! Here is a version of Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard Spock translated to Speed, Guard, Headshot, Aimed hit, Acrobatics. I won't claim that the match up of what defeats what makes total sense, but we have the benefit of multiple options and fewer risks of ties.

speed beats acrobatics and headshot

guard beats speed and aimed hit

headshot beats guard and acrobatics

aimed hit beats speed and headshot

acrobatics beats aimed hit and guard

I would justify acrobatics and guard beating anything as being a kind of defensive tactic while still striking normally. I admit I don't know much about the details of jousting, and when I googled 'jousting tactics' I got something that only men can do... /shudder

I'm fine with acting as GM for this, but it seems 'sharing' would serve no more purpose than just holding a majority vote. If Aelos wants to do this, I yield to him automatically.

Next up is compiling a list of who will participate and randomly mixing them.

Last edited by Ana Sulran on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated instead of triple post)
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:07 am

Ana Sulran wrote:
If Aelos wants to do this, I yield to him automatically.

that would be the first time you yield to me Very Happy

but I would indeed like to act as the GM of jousting, but with the credit of this awesome system totally belonging to Ana Wink
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:11 am

This awesome system belongs to Saeros. I just copied the Rock Paper Lizard Spock Scissor system and replaced them with his names.

Beyond the list I think the last thing you need to do is determine if only certain orders are allowed to use those abilities. I would propose no, but I won't whine... since the Dawn would surely get one of those abilities at least. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:13 am

Ana Sulran wrote:
This awesome system belongs to Saeros. I just copied the Rock Paper Lizard Spock Scissor system and replaced them with his names.

Beyond the list I think the last thing you need to do is determine if only certain orders are allowed to use those abilities. I would propose no, but I won't whine... since the Dawn would surely get one of those abilities at least. Wink

It won't.. I think the wisest is to leave the Orders out of this. And I doubt any truly weak riders/lancer will compete.

very well, credit goes to you both Wink
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 11:47 am

From the welcome thread:

Let's see... where to start...

The Gauntlet are Good and the Silvermist Evil. The Silvermist are unknowingly helping a dark evil to rise, so they must be destroyed. Plus, they wear the wrong clothing. They should wear the Ranger/Scout outfit from Shadowbane, not that cool Silver-Gondor thing.

Second, the Silvermist are not great due to German management. They are great due to Iskarian management. You ought to be careful to not upset him, as I have it on good authority that he got an offer from the Dawn!

Also, <3 Celdiur. I'm so happy with my avatar pic. It was a struggle to not find a slutty elf, and this one is absolutely perfect!

Last edited by Ana Sulran on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 11:54 am

Ana Sulran wrote:
Also, <3 Celdiur. I'm so happy with my avatar pic. It was a struggle to not find a slutty elf, and this one is absolutely perfect!

Now now everyone knows that a chainmail bikini provides the greatest level of defense whilst maintaining mobility! I will refer you to this video for more information on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTGh0EMmMC8

Lol I know what you mean though. I actually find women in full armour to be sexier than those found in most modern fantasy games/movies/comics etc.
Back to top Go down
Isabel Tenorio
Knight
Isabel Tenorio

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 11:57 am

http://drakonis.org/index?/category/20-paladin_and_cleric_f

That was where I found most of my potentials. I didn't look at any male pictures, but if anyone is in need of an avatar, I suggest Drakonis.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 4:08 pm

Does anyone like my new avatar? And thanks Ana for the link Smile
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 4:46 pm

I honestly expected something more like this:

Spoiler:

Or this:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Marcus the Shadow Fighter wrote:

Spoiler:

Or this:
Spoiler:

Have to agree with that...also, new avatars seem to be spreading like the plague.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Awwww, but i like my avatar.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 5:51 pm

Again, I'll be away for a week.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:35 pm

Ana Sulran wrote:
Second, the Silvermist are not great due to German management. They are great due to Iskarian management.
That, my dear, is the very same. *Evil German laughter in the background as he walks off*
Back to top Go down
Datedsandwich
Knight
Datedsandwich

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:45 pm

Thank's for the link Ana, found a perfect avatar for my character Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:47 pm

yeah awesome site..

but I did find Brienne of Tarth listed as male knight. Smile
Back to top Go down
Datedsandwich
Knight
Datedsandwich

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 8:02 pm

Yeah, I saw a few "male" knights that were quite obviously women...
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 12:34 am

Marcus the Shadow Fighter wrote:

Spoiler:

Or this:
Spoiler:

Unfortunately, that's not what I wanted my character to look like. One reason I like my new avatar is because the helmet hides his head. Its hard to find things that exactly match up to what you want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just talking - archived
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next