Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas

Go down 
+6
dowpride
Relatrion
Sajuuk
mp84
Mordred
Azlanek
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:14 am

sounds good, however i am unsure of how to proceed with my task. mordred, will you be giving me tasks or something?
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 1:49 pm

Another idea as to where to put our new forces is in the "fighting bandits around Singal" task. Our knights cannot fight the Singalian Army roving bands without more troops.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 9:45 pm

It would indeed be good to know how many corrupted men are among our recruits.

How do you think we should proceed in expanding the order's training complex? I already posted a suggestion, but only to ask if we theoretically would have enough money to do that. I am open for other suggestions.

And I personally would not engage the Singalian army at this point. This would be the same as attacking the slavers or the red brotherhood. I think it would simply be to early. Any thoughts on this?

Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:49 am

I thought the Singalian Army bands are simply bandits now, not part of the army?

If we lack the money, we should take some jobs that pay well, or ask for some funds from the crown. If they expect us to fight for them, they should be able to give us some start up funds.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:48 am

So, while you two are still on your missions we already should discuss our next moves on the larger scale: Here are my proposals:

Quote :
1) Your informants return with what they heard in the taverns and streets, providing you with general information about the important figures of Singal. (You may use what is said in the "City of Singal"-thread.) However, your direct influence and the number of your supporters is still too low to be able to place any spies in important households, as being important in Singal and alive means having survived a lot of assassination attempts and uncovered more than one spy as the years pass and the important figures are all always on their guard against such actions.

Simply continue with our efforts Additionally, focus more on well respected but not nearly as important and especially older members of high society. This should prove to be a little easier and could be our spies entry into the very households we seek. Our spies will serve a few years under their new master, gaining experience and trying everything to please their lord. They should become trusted servants to their ageing patrons and when these patrons die our spies will hopefully wander to another household, with a bit of luck to one that benefits us. This will not bring us immediate results, but establishing a secret network is a task that needs time.

Quote :
2) At the moment getting hold of the disused residential building will take all the time the squires you set to it can afford. The steward has not responded so far and does not seem to be willing to condescend to talk to mere squires of a not too well known force of Singal's political and social life.

I suggest we simply let the squires continue with their work. To get the town Council on our side, Azlanek himself will beg for an audience with the Steward, trying to convince him of our good intentions and devotion to the well being of the city. Even if he does not accept right away he will have to notice our first efforts.

Quote :
3) Recruiting the poor would result in much longer training times, as they, unlike the heretics, are mostly in no way acquainted to fighting. Say effectively 5 in three days or something the like. Additionally they would be not that devoted to your task due to being mere mercenaries after all.

We will start with training one small squad then, maybe about 20 men. We will try to get a hold on Jatu slaves for 10 riders and 10 other, very motivated and capable men for infantry training. As 100 of our men are up north, we should have more than enough space to host 20 men temporarily. When they are ready, they can become the first squad leaders/trainers for fresh recruits.

Quote :

4) Some of the merchants are disappointed at the behaviour of your knights who help them against petty bandits but do not put up resistance against any major groups of highwaymen.

I think this is acceptable for the moment. If they really want our protection, they can join in our protected caravan convoys or approach us about expanding this project. We will not throw away our troops for the merchants without anything in return, just because it would be more convenient for them. Objections?

Quote :
5) With the former krom and kral slaves now settled in the Jatu plains the expected wave of new slaves fails to appear. Moreover most of the loot was confiscated by the crown to fund the new settlements or be reworked into farming devices. (Pendor's version of "Swords to Ploughshares")

Nothing we can do about that.

Another thing still open would be the situation in the north, but that would be something Iskar and Mordred would have to decide about.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:40 am

Azlanek wrote:
So, while you two are still on your missions we already should discuss our next moves on the larger scale: Here are my proposals:

Simply continue with our efforts Additionally, focus more on well respected but not nearly as important and especially older members of high society. This should prove to be a little easier and could be our spies entry into the very households we seek. Our spies will serve a few years under their new master, gaining experience and trying everything to please their lord. They should become trusted servants to their ageing patrons and when these patrons die our spies will hopefully wander to another household, with a bit of luck to one that benefits us. This will not bring us immediate results, but establishing a secret network is a task that needs time.

I agree.

I suggest we simply let the squires continue with their work. To get the town Council on our side, Azlanek himself will beg for an audience with the Steward, trying to convince him of our good intentions and devotion to the well being of the city. Even if he does not accept right away he will have to notice our first efforts.

Just continue doing the work, he will notice.

We will start with training one small squad then, maybe about 20 men. We will try to get a hold on Jatu slaves for 10 riders and 10 other, very motivated and capable men for infantry training. As 100 of our men are up north, we should have more than enough space to host 20 men temporarily. When they are ready, they can become the first squad leaders/trainers for fresh recruits.

See if there are any Mettenhiem or Empire slaves, as they can train infantry remarkably.

I think this is acceptable for the moment. If they really want our protection, they can join in our protected caravan convoys or approach us about expanding this project. We will not throw away our troops for the merchants without anything in return, just because it would be more convenient for them. Objections?

None.

Nothing we can do about that.

Agreed, maybe we could tell our corrupted knights, who are hunting the remaining Veccavia, to loot some weapons secretly.

Another thing still open would be the situation in the north, but that would be something Iskar and Mordred would have to decide about.

Would you mind elaborating on the situation in the north? All I know is that we sent knights to hunt the Veccavia.

Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:48 am

The knights sent north are effectively under the command of the local lords and with the deserted knights ranting about the Eventide's cruelty those lords and the architect at the monastery site are wary and on their guard against suspicious actions.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:05 am

One might argue that the knights are already some time up there, so there might have been some slight progress on our side before the new rumours reach the north.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:29 am

I've set those guys to be away for 2 TU's.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:23 pm

i agree with what you say lord azlanek.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 2:11 am

Opinions about which Slaves we should buy?
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 3:26 am

A former Jatu lancer - able to train your men in battle tactics, riding and close combat at a high level - 1000 denari

This is a must.

Denari left: 2500

seven Jatu raiders - able to teach riding and fighting (melee and ranged) at a medium level - 400 denari each

I suggest 4 of these.

Denari left: 900

a captured legionnaire -able to train your men in battle tactics and formations and close combat at a high level - 800 denari

Denari Left: 100

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We won't have much troops available in the beginning, so we need to focus on quality over quantity. These men would be great for training future leaders, and they are good back up troops as well.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:13 am

Keep in mind that higher level training will take longer and having more trainers will decrease training times and increase the number of recruits to be trained at one time.
I should perhaps make it clearer that the Jatu lance will not be able to train you a force of jatu-like horsemen, and the analogue goes for the legionnaire. These top level slaves are rather meant to train your officers. (These officers themselves will most likely not be able to train your men, as knowing how to fight and knowing how to teach fighting are quite different things. You may assume that the prisoners offered have gained enough experience in training men through their years as soldiers.)
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:25 am

I still stand by my earlier decision, because we need quality over quantity. We won't have a large force in the beginning, so we need to make them more than fodder, or a 1:1. They must be worth two, or even three of Brotherhood/Slaver regulars.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:20 am

i agree with the fool varys. at this point in time we dont have the land or the manpower to support a horde. we need to make these men the best damn auxhileries and standing troops in the kingdom, and damn the cost.
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: temp topic   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 4:35 am

say we were to induct said son into the knighthood... this would mean his claims would pass to us. that and joining our brotherhood would be a very prestigous offer.
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 8:50 pm

In my ninth year a tradgedy struck the village of Kogosi. My friend Alina's parents were killed in the disaster.

Alina, beside herself with grief, being left to fend for herself, decided to leave the village.

After a few years passed I recieved a message from her stating she was doing well and had found a new family with the Singalians.

I have been in contact with her through the years and she is now a Temptress leading a band of slavers in the plains.

A simple solution would be to lure the evil tax evading merchants to the smugglers meeting place with Alina's warband lying in ambush. Alina will take care of the problem for us as if we were never involved. The merchants and the smugglers will meet thier end and our hands will be clean.

Her warband will have no knowledge of our true motives for it will be bussiness as usual, killling and looting. This time without any survivors.

EDIT: Moved these two posts here. Please refrain from posting suggestions in the actions thread. ~Iskar
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 10:47 pm

Please guys, do not post plans in the Singal: Actions thread. That one is for made decisions only, we can discuss things here. Hopefully this makes things a little easier for Iskar.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:21 am

I fear I cannot approve of the temptress connection. The temptresses are too great a power to be allowed to your services that easily. Use your own manpower, money, skills and creativity to get rid of the problem.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:18 am

Poison- I have my own chambers and poison stocks in the chapterhouse. (Note this is only for the corrupted members Wink )

A simple scratch, with a hired assassin, (who we can dispose of later) would be enough. Or, we could poison arrows, and have two hired assassins kill the men. Then, we pretend to be in shock, and kill the two hired assassins. No evidence remaining, and we appear to be pure and just to Singal.
Back to top Go down
AxeMaster
Squire
AxeMaster

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 11:32 am

Alina, my contact with the Singalians is indisposed at the moment and cannot break away to assist in our plotting against these merchants.

Using 2 assassins to poison the merchants is IMO risky. Even if we kill the 2 after they dispose of the targets, there is alot of ways for this plan to fail.

I propose an "accident". 2 deaths one blow.

This in no way would interfear with my good nature, Because they are criminals of the realm. Rich men who evade taxes imposed by King Mordred should be punished. They are men that take from the very people we protect.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:54 pm

I believe I have thought of a way that my specific skills can be put to use. A knight I may be, but just as much a Priest of Astraea. Singal is overrun with the poor and downtrodden. I ask you. What is it that those down on their luck crave most? Hope, my friends. And I can give them that.

My years of preaching have left me a rather charismatic character, a rabble rouser if you will. With my lords permission I will go forth into the city and reach out to the common folk of Singal. Allow me to preach to them of Astraea's divine will and how our blessed Order serves it. Through my sermons I can spread the word of our good deeds and thus bring more people over to our cause through little more than faith and hope for a brighter future.

I am however a warrior and thus am not afraid of combat. Astraea knows ive seen enough of that to last me a lifetime. When it comes to disposal of unsavoury characters I have secret weapon; The Church itself. With its blessing and holy sanctions I can bring in those that the Order suspects of corruption or heresy for trial or, if the situation demands it, smight them down where they stand. I am no Dawn Knight though, and thus I will not take life blindly unless I have solid proof of my targets sins and crimes. There are those that such formalities can be spared for however. The Red Brotherhood deserves not the mercy of the Goddess and thus, with her blessing, I will drive them from the streets of Singal and again return peace and freedom to the people.

What say you, Brother Knights?
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 1:32 pm

why are we all talking about murder? if we have them enter the knighthood we gain all their titles and land, as well as prestigeous brothers. the nobles would respect us much more.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 2:13 pm

Mainly because the merchants won't enter the knighthood. What we want to do is enter the cousin's son into the Knighthood. Then, when they both die, the son gets all the land and fortune, which in turn gets sent to us.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:35 pm

Sir Celdiur Moriendor wrote:
... rabble rouser ... use the church of Astraea ... burn the red brotherhood ...

Singal is a wretched place. If the people recognised the church of Astraea as an authority in any way, the Dawn would have invaded you long time ago. The Red Brotherhood is a major faction in Singal, there is no wiping them out with some hackneyed words.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas   Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gaining control over Singal - plans and ideas
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next