Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Intermediate Mini Event

Go down 
+6
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Ser Varys
Sir Aranor
Pravenstern
Sir Haegon
Iskar
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

Intermediate Mini Event Empty
PostSubject: Intermediate Mini Event   Intermediate Mini Event EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 4:26 am

Well, while the roleplay itself is picking up pace again there are still some tensions and we have not recruited too many new players as of late. Therefore I'd suggest an intermediate mini event. We'd hold the actual order RP and play out this with cooperative hosting (players not involved in a particular scene work as hosts). The setting would be as follows:

The most powerful baronet of Kennet County has died and the three remaining baronets all have a more or less valid claim to his holdfast and lands. (Think of an England 1066 like situation.) Each baronet has a number of landed knights as vassals as well as some free knights as household guards. The entire story would take place at the holdfasts and estates of the minor nobles involved and without any order affiliation, so it would not have any effect on the actual RP/MD and people would be able to take it in a more relaxed way.
We could use some sort of mini meta game with landed knights and baronets having their levies and a little income - not to build big stuff, but e.g. to hire mercenaries, build a palisade, a watchpost, a toll point on a road, etc.
There would be three key features:

1) Reversed Hierarchy
The order hierarchies turned out to be pretty stiff and it would be nice to turn things upside down for once. Squires would get to play the baronets, knights the landed knights and officers the free knights.

2) Remove tensions
Getting to simply roleplay with other people without the welfare of your order at stake when you say something wrong might help remove the tensions that have built up among some players. We would be able to just gain a little distance from our current quarrels and struggles and afterwards engage in the actual RP more level-headedly.

3) Training Camp for Newcomers
With the current amount of both RP and MD information newcomers tend to be shocked/demotivated and often simply disappear after getting a first glance at the forum. In the above setting however, there is not much they need to know to get started and it would make them acquainted with the basic concepts of the RP/MD on a smaller scale. We might want to launch some recruitment posts on the TW forums beforehand.

Thoughts? Should we do this at all? Change certain aspects?
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event   Intermediate Mini Event EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 4:50 am

Me likes.
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event   Intermediate Mini Event EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 4:53 am

Works for me.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event   Intermediate Mini Event EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 4:56 am

Me gusta.

Maybe I can finally play an evil character Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event   Intermediate Mini Event EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 6:45 am

Sounds good, except we need to be careful abut the mini-meta game too. Thats the most daunting thing to newcomers, IMO, and it would be better if it was extremely simplified, or just not there.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event   Intermediate Mini Event EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 7:12 am

The force is strong with this one.(Just finished watching star wars, couldn't resist Razz)
Back to top Go down
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Grandmaster
Marcus the Shadow Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event   Intermediate Mini Event EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 7:20 am

Let's do it. I smell Game of Thrones fanboyism in the air.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event   Intermediate Mini Event EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 8:12 am

It's a good idea, though as it's been said before the Meta game is very daunting to new people. (aka me)
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event   Intermediate Mini Event EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:36 am

That is why it would be extremely reduced here. Just a fix income for the landed nobles, fix levies and very limited building projects - if any. I could provide a first draft tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event   Intermediate Mini Event EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:48 am

PS: Actually, since the Actions would not last longer than two weeks IC, we should skip the income thing and just roll with a certain Budget for each noble, that can be increased by single Actions. (E.g. Finding and cleaning out a Bandit lair would give you, say 500 more Denars from the bandits' treasure, imposing road tolls on the local merchants gives a one time payment of 300 denars from the guild but they will be wary when dealing with you, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event   Intermediate Mini Event EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:22 am

Keen McKeen, Gentleman adventurer, scientist and playboy ready for duty to his estranged second nephew 13 times removed on his half brothers mothers side. With him he brings his trusty squire Sir Montecue of belle air (a black and white cockatoo) and Gabriel, his 24 year old saddle horse.
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event   Intermediate Mini Event EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 1:43 pm

I'm interested, and I guess I would be one of the baronets (since I am a squire).

Actually, I have an idea which is not quite that far up the hierarchy (though it is effectively so). Specifically, the late-thirties heir (Sir Laurence Stackford) of a sixty-year-old baronet (insert_title Horace Stackford) who is effectively retired; hence, Laurence acts as baronet in all but name (but may not be seen that way since he lacks the title himself). Laurence married a cousin of the recently deceased greatest baronet, which gives him some claim on that territory, but she died several years previously. Now, in his father's fading years and with the first signs of age closing in, Laurence wants to improve the prospects of his line beyond merely continuing it - and the new territory is just the thing.

If I do end up using this, names are subject to change.
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event   Intermediate Mini Event EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 2:41 pm

I like the idea of the budget roll, and the consequences. Maybe also have a fixed income that grows if you build? e.g For the first five days, Baron 1 has a 400 denar income, he builds something/takes action, he gets a +25 denar to fixed income, so its 425 every five days (or something like that). And it could just keep going (as a mini RP, heating up whenever we have new recruits or when we have a lack of action) for a while. Or we could completely abandon the idea of fixed income; anything goes when we're testing things out for lack of a better term.

Regarding roles:

I'd like to be a host, if anything, to brush up on my skills. It could also be used as a training ground for veterans, not just newbies. If someone wants to try adjusting to using the metagame, or hosting, or being a Baron/officer and dealing with the consequences of decisions, etc. Maybe add fluid roles, so if the player wants to change between baron, knight, or peasant, let him (or her), and see which role they like best (maybe not peasant.)
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event   Intermediate Mini Event EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:32 pm

I think having a fixed money pool rather than income is the better option. Matters of succession will presumably be settled over less than a year, and taxes would probably be collected at harvest time (though perhaps we could have one tax period if we started in IC summer/autumn). I also think the three/however many baronets should not have equal financial resources - perhaps one has good economic management and so starts with plenty of money, another starts with the goodwill of the greater nobility, and a third has the largest army.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event   Intermediate Mini Event EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 9:13 pm

That's a good concept, I like it, though the major nobility might be a bit overpowered. So we might have to go with much money, few troops// moderate money, moderate troops// few money, many troops

@Varys: You can host and play a character. You would get to host some of those scenes that your char is not involved in and the same goes for everyone else willing to host/try out hosting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate Mini Event   Intermediate Mini Event Empty

Back to top Go down

Intermediate Mini Event
Page 1 of 1