Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

General OOC

Go down 
+12
Slopsen
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Sir Arceon
Sir Nickolas
Psychozoa
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Sir Haegon
Tonedyr
Sir Aranor
Mesor
Alaric Reiner
Iskar
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Grandmaster

General OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:30 am

Just to let you know, Carax's arrival to Yaragar is on the next day's duskfall after the Inn at Mobray Castle scene.

EDIT - around the same time merclan reaches rebache.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:17 am

The biggest settlement would be the villages around Kelredan Castle of the same name.

@Marcus: As a free knight your character has a purse of 150 gold, though you can choose to forego that for roleplay reasons. Daily expenses like food or renting a room would be counted in coppers and silver rather than gold coins, so you can consider them irrelevant to your budget.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:29 am

I assume that could work the same for me if I choose to cover their room and board as a lord?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:10 am

Yeah, it would be way too complicated counting all the tiny little coppers to pay for food and drink. Only when you buy larger quantities (like paying an entire evening's rounds as noted in the materials thread) it would be factored in your budget.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:38 am

How does the countryside of the Kelredan area look? Very flat and few trees or flat and with some forest areas?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:12 am

Typical heartlands: Imagine southern England or central France. The ingame rumours reference the rolling plains of Sarleon, so like the following:
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:15 am

No wonder Sarleon was renowned for its cavalry.
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:17 pm

I'm expecting most of my budget will go to equipment. After all, since Belmonfaire sees battle more often, the regulars and levies should already be well-equipped (that is, the time of the cost is before the start, but it still comes out of my treasury). The regulars would no doubt be a bit more hardened than most because of the increased threat, but here that's represented as quantity rather than quality.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:39 pm

You mention a valid point. To keep things balanced I thought about how to reflect the different lords' personalities and have come up with the following:

Sir Thedric Baras - merchant lord, administrator, good with numbers: 10% discount on all upgrade expenses
Sir Lawrence Stackford - warrior lord, seasoned troops: Can choose one basic upgrade (20 gold) for free
Sir William Grey - people's lord, very popular and well loved: 5% chance of getting an upgrade for free when buying it

Does that sound sensible?
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:57 pm

Who is the presiding GM of this RP? You Iskar?
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:01 pm

The different equipment benefits sound reasonable, though I think my advantage looks much stronger than the others. A 20-gold upgrade for each militia and regular adds up to (40+20)*20, which is 1200 gold - more than the difference between Belmonfaire and Rebache budgets. Perhaps tone it down a bit: The regulars (20 troops) of Belmonfaire are expected to bring gambesons/hardened tabards as part of their service. That comes to 200 gold, or the same as Sir Thedric gets as a discount if he buys 2000 gold of upgrades.

Do the landed knights get the same bonuses for their own troops, or will they get something else?
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:14 pm

5% chance is a little low as well, that'd mean that he'd have to buy 20 upgrades to get 1 for free.

So the discount and the free upgrade are both far stronger.
Back to top Go down
Sir Arceon
Knight
Sir Arceon

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:16 pm

Yeah I agree the idea itself is sound the numbers just need to be toned down or up a little.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 3:49 am

This is to Mesor, just so we post now in the right thread.

I forgot about that meeting to be generous, thanks for reminding. Anyway one question how you lord knew it was sheriff who contacted him? I am trying to be discrete because if everyone knew sheriff is offering to do a dirty job, you can say goodbye to sheriff post.

Edit: Unless of course this is my messenger who came to me, and you gave message to him.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:01 am

I was thinking more it'd be pretty obvious to somebody who'd traveled around a lot.
Who else could it be doing it that'd get away with it?

Mercenaries or Adventurers would of been hunted down for it by now, lords couldn't because they'd lose their holdings.
Knights couldn't because they would lose their knighthood so sheriff is kinda the only logical option.

But I'll edit it in that my messenger delivers it to yours since I would of at least been able to describe him to my messenger, same result anyway just one more link in the chain.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:04 am

Hmm, i guess ok then, still wouldn't like for it to be so obvious tough. By the way, who is assigning sheriff, and who has a power to remove him? Knowing this would help me a lot to know how careful i should be.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:09 am

I edited mine to deliver the message to your messenger, so you'll have to add in him delivering it to you when your ready Smile.

The original method was just my warped little mind playing out how I could of worked out it's you.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:10 am

You're the Sheriff of Mobray right? I imagine it's the Duke that has the final say and to be honest he doesn't seem to care much about what's going on. I'd say Olaf is safe unless his men try robbing the guy on the road or something else stupid.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:15 am

Well i already posted my reaction so edit it back! Very Happy its okay that you found out just be ready to explain it to olaf when he asks. I just noted to others, unless your baronet or landed knight listens to his subjects carefully they shouldn't know much about olaf's activities.

Edit:By the way this tower house is in rebache right?
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:20 am

Yea, it's the barons home.

Well IC it's simple enough to explain that I suspected it was you and you just comfirmed it, or that I caught a small group of lions attacking peasants some time ago and "Convinced" them to tell me who they worked for.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:29 am

If you had caught them Olaf would know wouldn't he?
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:37 am

How? If I caught or killed the whole group at best he knows a few bandits, he doesn't know I caught them or even that they got caught at all.

They could of decided to leave or all been killed.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:42 am

I offer you the chance to bring men and you bring three lol.

Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 4:45 am

Well they are just to look cool Very Happy i doubt you will risk to attack sheriff, or will you? Razz

Edit:
Quote :
If you had caught them Olaf would know wouldn't he?
Nope. Just want to adress this, olaf isin't that close with Knights of the Lion. Each mind their own business mostly, trading favours sometimes, and the fact that olaf informs Lions what peasants should and what shouldn't be attacked.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 5:22 am

@ Zekic: I think you just skipped something in the rebache thread, Alaric arrived on day 2 and you on day 3(morning) so either you just traveled through time or Alaric was in a coma for a day...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

General OOC
Page 2 of 38Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next