Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous)

Go down 
+6
Mesor
Sir Nickolas
Alaric Reiner
Sir Aranor
Tonedyr
Iskar
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 4:01 pm

Growing tired of waiting for the hall to clear, Laurence quickly wrote out a letter.

To the honourable Archdeacon Ferrand,
It would be beneficial to the interests of the Church and of the people of Kelredan for us to discuss the future of the region. If you are in agreement as to the value of such a meeting, send a message to Belmonfaire and it shall surely reach me.

Signed,
Laurence Stackford.

He held the letter out to Alain.
"See that the Archdeacon receives this. We leave soon for home."
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:16 am

Sir Alain nodded,

"Of course my lord"

He clutched the letter in his hand and walked over to Archdeacon Ferrand

"Archdeacon, I have a letter for you from the lord of Belmonfaire."

he excused himself after giving the archdeacon the letter and walked over back to his lord

"We should go now, my lord."
Back to top Go down
Tonedyr
Knight
Tonedyr

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:45 pm

Day 1: Evening

The Stackford entourage set off on the way back to Belmonfaire as evening began to darken into night.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 3:57 am

Day 3: Morning

After riding for most of the night, Sir Alain and Desmond finally arrive to their destination at Morbray castle. Sir Alain let Desmond take care of the horses, and left his weapons with the guards.

He walked through the castle until he found the Archdeacon's quarters. Outside was a halberdier, carrying the markings of a guard of the church.

Alain hailed him

"Good Sir, I wish to speak with the Archdeacon, tell him it is urgent!"
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:55 am

[ooc: Alaric, because it took such a long time for me to react, please send me a pm so we can plan an IC:scene at another location.]

The Halbadier looked Alain over with a solemn face, nodded and knocked on the door twice. Not long after a young servant girl opened it with an empty bottle in her hand and quickly scurried off in the direction of the kitchens.

when she was out of sight, the halbedier returned to a stonelike posture and spoke simple words.

"you can enter."
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:59 am

Alain nodded and smiled

"Thank you kind sir."

Alain recalled a memory, standing guard with his master Sir Gaidon Ertry in one of Sarleon's army camps before the unification. It was a dreary job, hardly glamorous. Alain felt a throb on his head as he remembered being whacked for falling asleep on the job by his master

He took out several silver coins from his pouch

"When your done, have a drink on me. I know what a job standing around like that for hours can be like."

"Eunomia bless you." He said really quickly as he walked in.

He saw the archdeacon, and did a bow

"Archdeacon Astigi, I must offer my thanks for receiving me, I know the representative of our Goddess Eunomia must be busy."

"If I may have a moment of your time, I come on the behalf of my lord and patron, the faithful Lord Stackford. I would like to hear your opinion on the matter of Kelredan."
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 8:50 pm

"Do not call me Astigi, young man."

The Archdeacon sat in a chair with a cup of tasteless water in his right hand. A scribe sat in one corner writing whatever he'd hear, although it was clear he was actually a soldier with thick and scarred arms he was probably one of Ferrand's halbediers.

"Lord Stackfort? Surely you don't mean the old Baronet overseas...you mean Sir Laurence." Ferrand grumbled into the air of the comfortable castle room. His body looks frail, but his eyes still had a keen glinster in them that even Alain wouldn't be able to miss.

"I haven't seen that boy since the death of his wife. Tell me about his interest in Kelredan."
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:23 pm

Sir Alain nodded

"Forgive me sir, yes, I mean Sir Laurence. I call him lord due to him being the one I swore fealty to."

He looked up to the Archdeacon

"My lord, Sir Laurence Stackford of Belmonfaire, wants to claim the baronetcy for himself, so he can protect it for his son, Robert. Robert is the progeny of Laurence and his late wife, who was the cousin of Olfrith. I heard the two were close, and that Olfrith was also at the funeral."

"I come because I wish to ask you to grant the church's support of my master's claim. County Morbray has long been the heart of our church, and the Stackfords have long defended her and her holy church against the infidel Fierdsvain, who traded Eunomia for their gods of gold and war, and now this foreign Goddess of Justice. The Stackfords have long bled alongside Olfrith's line. With the ending of Olfrith's line, there is no better heir to the baronetcy of Kelredan, than those who fought alongside its people and for it."

"My Lord is a noble follower of Eunomia Stabilitis, shrines for her are prevalent throughout his baronetcy, and in Belmonfaire, while the chapel is nowhere near the size of the one here in Morbray, Sir Laurence keeps it in great condition, under Priest Martin, his chaplain. He is honorable, and a dutiful liege lord, to his vassals and his tenants."
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 7:15 pm

Ferrand listened to him with a bored expression, faith honor and blood seemed all these people cared about. When Alain was finished, the Archdeacon signalled his scribe to stop writing.

"Priest Martin? Listen, the laws of succession don't care about who bled for who. Can you imagine a simple sherif to become lord because he defended a village from bandits and other scum? No, what matters here is the gold in Kelredan's coffers and if the boy is willing to exempt my church from putting my gold in there."

he took a sip of water.

"My Church is in appalling state and a disgrace to our Goddess. Make sure it gets in the same condition as the one under your priest and the church could bless and openly support the boy's weak claim. Prove to me that the support of your Goddess is worth it."
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 6:10 am

Sir Alain paused, remembering priest Martin, with his piety and humility. "Why is it the lordlings who get the higher positions.." he thought bitterly to himself

"I am certain that with the church's support, my master would have no problem guaranteeing tax exemptions for the church in the baronetcies of Belmonfaire and Kelredan. Especially after it graciously supported his rightful claim to Kelredan castle. My master is not a greedy man, he does not wish to fill his treasury with the gold of our Goddess's holy church."

Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 6:24 am

Ferrand snorted

"I will support Sir Laurence, but only if he proves he can make his claim stronger than it is right now. The Goddess demands justice and cannot simply ignore those with stronger claims. However, there's a matter of a claim, and the matter of who's most fit to rule over Kelredan. The Owl of Wisdom might choose the latter over the first."

An Archdeacon never misses the latest gossip from the farmer's wifes and Ferrand had picked up various hints of a mercenary company offering their services to the highest bidder, and a sheriff whose lions preferred gold over the work of Ferrand's Goddess. None of those hints claimed Sir Laurence managed to hire them.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:35 pm

Taking full advantage of the halberdier who stopped writing

"Strongest claim? With the largest army, most experience in the field, and with the strongest claim, Sir Laurence possesses a claim that can't simply be negated by hiring some extra swords. You should know yourself the strength of Belmonfaire Ferrand, before you pick the wrong side."

Alain then excused himself and left the quarters
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 12:34 am

As Alain left the room, Ferrand smiled.

"He has no claim, foolish knight."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous)   IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

IC-Scene: Mobray Castle (Continuous)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2