Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IC-Scene: The Church in Mobray (continuous)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

IC-Scene: The Church in Mobray (continuous) Empty
PostSubject: IC-Scene: The Church in Mobray (continuous)   IC-Scene: The Church in Mobray (continuous) EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 9:25 pm

Not as impressive as you would've expect, the church of Eunomia Stabilitis still holds a central position in the village of Mobray. Paying taxes has for long been the cause of an empty treasury when it concerned repairs, while every now and then an empty wine bottle was used as a vase for the springflowers that worshippers brought every year. Inside it was very spartan in a way that suggests it was truly a place for justice and wisdom, until you'd enter the richly decorated chambers of the Archdeacon himself. Ferrand's chambers were always on a comfortable temperature and the old man had his men put a larger bed in it, on account of his failing backside.

Unknown to his followers, Ferrand did many things behind the locked door of his chambers and his personal guards wondered wether his God would approve of it. Though it does not matter for this story, because Archdeacon Ferrand always welcomed visitors in the spartan church, but never did he show them his private chambers.

"I am Justice in this Barony. Now make sure no one enters my domain with weapons on their body." Ferrand commanded one of his halbediers.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Church in Mobray (continuous)   IC-Scene: The Church in Mobray (continuous) EmptyMon May 13, 2013 1:13 am

Day 3: Mobray

Many villagers, the lot really, had gathered in Mobray together with traveling merchants and bards to hear what the Archdeacon had to say. Ferrand Astigi had summoned a number of villagers, those that were able to travel and were not needed for seasonal work, to prepare for travel.

At Noon, when the village square was filled with anticipation, Ferrand made an appearance. His words were louder and clearer then ever before as he started a speech that would change the balance of power.

"Beloved, the Owl had spoken to us and the honorable Bishop in Sarleon has concluded that Rebache is from now on viewed as heretic and evil. Its villagers should pay hefty sums to cleanse their faith in the evil goddess Astraea and its lord shall face penal judgment for murder, corruption, blasphemy and heresy. The true Goddess of Justice declares him outlaw and he must be brought to justice right here on the gallows of Mobray."

Two fully armed and armored halbediers pinned the decree on the notice board and handed out parchments so the words of the Archdeacon would travel the distance to all the villages.
Satisfied, Ferrand turns around and walked back towards his church, but at the last moment he changed his mind and added something to his decree.

"The Church of Eunomia Stabilitis will declare ownership of Kelredan Castle by right of faith, Justice and the balance of the realm. I, Archdeacon Ferrand Astigi, will become its lord-steward. Spread these words and be rewarded handsomely."
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Church in Mobray (continuous)   IC-Scene: The Church in Mobray (continuous) EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:01 pm

Day: 8

During these troubled days, Archdeacon Ferrand had to keep up pretences as a man of the faith. Without a drop of wine for the last three days, he had walked around the village praying with the townsfolk and mentioning the rumour of Paladins coming to aid his quest to rid evil from the lands surround Kelredan.

"There is only one reason for this disaster, for this cloud and the sickness. It is the conflict by boisterous and God-ignoring men over a mere castle! There is a reason for the malady that struck that village of unbelievers, with their belief in the foreign Goddess Astraea who has no power here."

Back in his church, one his halbedier showed him the letter from Sir Ballard and Ferrand sighed.

"When will they stop focusing on my family's name? It's a lack of respect for the faith and my position as Archdeacon."

"There is another thing, Archdeacon. Lord Stackfort died because of the sickness and they request your presence for the funeral. You might remember his heir, Sir Laurence?"

The archdeacon frowned. He looked considerately older when he heard that name and all the villagers present in his church saw the same thing. And old man tormented by a name and forced to sit down in one of the Church benches.

"A few days ago his knight threatened my person and our church. And yet, the old Lord was a true believer. Send his messenger back with a refusal of his request. I have to prepare my old body for the meeting in Kelredan castle, perhaps I can stop the conflict and this plague at the same time."

With support from the halbedier he got up on his feet again and walked over to some villagers to offer them spiritual guidance. Though for what it was worth, the lack of wine made him feel old and frickle.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Church in Mobray (continuous)   IC-Scene: The Church in Mobray (continuous) EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 6:12 pm

Day 8: Dusk

"Have you had any word from my sons, Robert?" Ferrand asked one of his halbediers. They commanded a rather large mercenary company in Eastern Pendor, but hadn't visited their old man for several years now.

"Not after the sweet-voiced Valdir left with Morten."

"Then they won't be any help. You are all the security I have, Robert. My clergy is running out and Pontus is serving in Yaragar, which appears largely unaffected by the sickness. I gave them my support before Eunomia and her divine fellows send us this plague, was I wrong in doing so?"

Ferrand sighed and his lungs screamed with exhaustion. He was old and frial, yet all these young men wanted him to travel and face off with them in mighty battles.

"Any signs of Paladins? Are you sure the rumours are true?"

"No sign of anyone, Ferrand."

The archdeacon wailed softly in despair, before he got up on his feet with the help of Robert. They had been in his dark private chambers, but now it was time to step out into the light and let the villagers see that he really cares about them. "Perhaps these devout people will follow me to Kelredan?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IC-Scene: The Church in Mobray (continuous)   IC-Scene: The Church in Mobray (continuous) Empty

Back to top Go down

IC-Scene: The Church in Mobray (continuous)
Page 1 of 1