Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous) Empty
PostSubject: Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous)   Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous) EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:02 am

[This thread focuses on the arrival of the Eunomia Stabilitis Cleric and his quarters, having been given a set of 2 rooms in Baras' manor. Action begins on Day 5]

Baras looked over the anticipated lodgings for the new priest of Eunomia Stabilitis that was due to arrive that day. He had ordered the rooms furnished well, but not opulently, providing well made furniture and other accouterments. He guessed if the man found something wrong with it he would tell him. There was a small shrine to the goddess in the corner, with a well made statue of the stern looking deity flanked by candles. It looked suitably respectful for a place of prayer and worship.

He returned to his study to wait, but not before giving the guards at the gates an idea of who was coming and orders to let the priest in immediately then bring them to him without delay.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous)   Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous) EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:32 am

Pontus Ario looked nothing like his cousin the Archdeacon, with a clean shaven face and spartan robes to match his devout sobrety. He smiled at every villager he came across on his way to the Baras mansion and if there was a more forgiving man in whole Pendor, it would be a fraud.

Pontus approached the mansion in his usual slow pace and knew his arrival was expected.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous)   Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous) EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:43 am

The two guards at the gate saw him coming and pushed the heavy wooden doors open, allowing the man access. One of them stepped forward afterwards, inclining his head respectfully, as he wasn't one to want to get on the bad side of a man of the goddess.

If you will follow me sir, my Lord Baras has asked that you be led to him upon your arrival.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous)   Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous) EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:45 am

"Ofcourse good man, may the owl show you the way always."

Pontus smiled warmly and motioned the guard to lead the way.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous)   Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous) EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:55 am

Baras was in his study, like usual for that time of the day, poring through a large tome that was not part of his usual itinerary, an empty plate and glass shoved off to the side of the desk atop a stack of papers and books. He shut it unhurriedly as the guard walked into the room, leading the cleric. Baras stood, as was polite, and inclined his head, much the way that the guard who had first talked to the man had done. He circled around his desk and extended is hand in greeting as he spoke.

Your eminence Ario. It was kind of the Archdeacon to send someone so soon. May I offer you anything after your trip? Food or drink perhaps? Or would you like me to show you to the quarters I had prepared here in the manor so that you might refresh yourself after the journey from Mobray?

The Guard had meanwhile bowed and exited after Pontus had entered the room.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous)   Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous) EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 6:25 am

"Oh please, Baronet, call me Pontus." the cleric said with a soft voice of someone who never in his life had to scream or shout. He looked around the study and smiled again.

"I travelled light and am not tired of my journey. I am here merely to do your bidding as representative of the church and my cousin the Archdeacon. let me not waste time by selfish relaxation when people here are in need of my services."
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous)   Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous) EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:00 am

Baras nodded. Fair enough Pontus. My people have been without a representative of the owl for too long. The old representative has become.... senile. He no longer knows where he is or who he is, the poor man. But what can you expect from someone who has been blessed to live so long? The man was ancient when when the Unification War was a mere glimmer in King Mordred's eye. If you could minister to the population of the village I would be most grateful to you and the Church.

Baras took a piece of paper off his desk, Pontus could easily recognize the writing as his own, it was clearly his own letter. But I wanted to ask you something. You say that there is something occurring elsewhere. Is is something that I should be concerned with for the safety of my subjects? Baras tapped his finger to the latter half of the first sentence written.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous)   Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous) EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:17 am

"I am sorry, but I cannot tell you the affairs of the Archdeacon. He would not involve me in matters that did not concern me directly."

clearly the devout Pontus thought this was the a good enough answer and changed the subject.

"The blue sky provide clear nights in wich the owl does her best work, therefore I would prefer preforming blessings in the small grass field in the shadow of your tower. If you could send some men to spread the word, I'd be most grateful."
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous)   Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous) EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:24 am

Baras nodded his acceptance to the priests request. Very well. Some of the militia will be assigned to spread word to the village and the surrounding farms once we are done here. Though I hope you would not mind my attendance and that of some of my men at the rites. If the goddess would take notice of me and deign to cast her blessing upon my people and myself I do not think I would mind.
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous)   Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous) EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 7:30 am

Pontus smiled at the Baronet's last words and made a bow, before he slowly backed away. The guards would show him his quarters and give him the opportunity to prepare.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous)   Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous) Empty

Back to top Go down

Yaragar: Clerics arrival and rooms. (Continuous)
Page 1 of 1