Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just talking

Go down 
+12
Mordred
Kamos
Hetzau
tobberman
Curanthir
Pravenstern
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Sir Aranor
Iskar
Azlanek
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Saeros
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

Just talking - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 8:52 am

I don't think it is possible. It worked well at the beginning because we had a good number of players, a great community, and a good balance of skills and ideas - even if Iskar is here now, without the different contributions GMs like Mordred, Laisha, and Isabel used to give, a new instance of the RP would not be similar to the one we had and we would probably feel frustrated for it having betrayed our memories.
My logic is that in this case we would need either to reproduce the things that made it work in the past, which is now impossible, or to change the RP completely.

And yeah, I started playing PoP again last week Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 9:44 pm

We can always try a short gathering or event on here..

Liiike: The Council of Orders came together in Ishkoman, where they were ambushed by the Red Brotherhood and now need to find a way out of the slumps without their sturdy armor and sharp swords. Real D&D style if necessary. Perhaps they were on a ship to Mettenheim/Barclay/Armala and were attacked by pirates.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 10:01 pm

That's interesting, since IIRC the Shadow Legion once made dealings in Ishkoman relating to a small place they can keep people in...

A certain second in command might be present by extreme luck and convenient turn of events... Razz
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 10:35 pm

Those Brotherhood members must be quite badass to subdue a good chunk of the orders' grandmasters and elite knights. Anyways, I wouldn't mind participating in that scenario.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 12:58 am

Marcus the Shadow Fighter wrote:
Oh, you guys were heroic back at the Stormcliff Clove. Whatever went into you, you devilish bastard, that made you change your plans so? Razz

The plan didn't change. I decided early on not to send many actual knights up north. That's what made the struggle of the few knights so heroic Razz. That, and of course the fact that we sent mostly honorable, uncorrupted knights that the heretic part of the order wouldn't miss in the long run.

Pravenstern wrote:
If anything, I'd say the best part about the story is the characterisation of the companions. Sir Jocelyn's personality and beliefs are quite consistent within the context provided, but I find your take on Alistair to be the best. Seriously, the man just reeks of win there with his chessmaster tendencies. Especially since I find it quite ambiguous what he was really after

Iskar wrote:
I must admit, I never really cared for the particular personalities of the companions beyond disliking a number of them for their background. [...] So that story of yours has really opened up an intriguing new perspective to me, Azlanek.

Thanks, guys. That means a lot to me. I'll admit, my personal take on the companions was pretty similiar to Iskar's before Aftermath, but ever since I started thinking about the Unification War, my interest in the characters has been constantly growing. I don't have something good for every single one of them, but there are a few moments that I personally like very much; like Adonja only agreeing to help Mordred against Wolfbode because Ansen is with the Ravenspear, holding out in besieged Poinsbruk against overwhelming odds, and the inner conflict she is facing between saving her love and helping to slay what could very well be the savior of her people.

When it comes to the project itself, I find the thought of picking up the pieces very alluring. The Aftermath concept certainly has its flaws and problems, but persoanlly I needed the bigger, political stage to feel like our actions truly mattered, as well as the meta-game (as a general concept, not necessarily the way it was handled) to make it somewhat graspable. Pendor Rp for me was about deciding the fate of the kingdom, and I'd find it difficult to motivate myself for something less.

That being said, I'd still be interested in trying out a different ruleset for the metagame, as well as fight a couple of battles (with some rp portions, of course), to see whether the game is actually any fun played that way.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 1:00 am

Yes, I agree. But I see one question that needs to be answered before we can start this up.

Who volunteers to be the organizer?
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 2:25 am

Azlanek wrote:
That being said, I'd still be interested in trying out a different ruleset for the metagame, as well as fight a couple of battles (with some rp portions, of course), to see whether the game is actually any fun played that way.

Perhaps the Metagame Mordred made for the spinoff in the Jatu Steppe/Poinsbruk would do? That was a lot of fun until..player elements.. made the Roleplay a bit difficult. We could say each Order sails to unknown territory (big enough for a dozen hexes) and has to built and conquer. That'd involve the idea that your actions 'actually matter' and still give plenty of strategic roleplay and battles.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 3:25 am

I posted the rule-part for such a project a couple of pages back, I think. Content wise, I would have suggested a two faction conflict to keep things as simple as possible, so Barclay versus Mettenheim or Sarleon versus the Fierdsvain, the Mystmountain barbarians invading Ravenstern or even homebrew Pendor 4, playing as the Snake Cult against what will eventually become the Ashenborn Empire. I wouldn't want to organize such a thing alone, but I'm definitely willing to be part of the organizing party, and not participate in the rp with a player character myself in order to stay completely neutral. It is of course always a question of how many people are actually interested in participating.

Should the system turn out to be both manageable and enjoyable, it could then serve as a kind of stepping stone for future endeavors.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 12:43 pm

Sir Haegon wrote:
We could say each Order sails to unknown territory (big enough for a dozen hexes) and has to build and conquer. That'd involve the idea that your actions 'actually matter' and still give plenty of strategic roleplay and battles.

Finally someone else also has that idea Smile

I believe that's a good idea for many reasons, one of which is freedom of RP. One of our biggest issues in all instances of this RP was the official lore, and without SD's and Mordred's final words on the matter that is now out of question. So playing as an Order colonist or expeditionary force in some place other than Pendor or Amala moves us away from the main storyline and gives us freedom to create something without conflicting with the canon.

The alternative is playing within the main story, but in a such a small scale that nothing we do could possibly interfere with the official pop history. I'm not sure this option would be fun for everyone.

And yes, I agree we would need more players. I think a persuasive post in the TW forum could bring a few new people. I'm not sure if I'll be able to join you, but I will definitely follow the project and I can help here and there. I'm also interested in seeing what Azlanek has in mind for a system.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 9:19 pm

I'm currently a bit thinned out in terms of time unfortunately. I think I could do similar things to what Saeros said though. Helping here and there. And definitely going to follow this project. I agree with the colonist idea, it sounds the best.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 2:27 am

I agree with Azlanek on the importance of at least some sort of meta-game when your actions are supposed to alter the fate of the realm.

However, this is not really viable for two reasons: A lack of acceptance by many players and the drain of brainpower from the gamemasters.

Yet, I might have an ace up my sleeve: The Singal roleplay way largely independent of the meta-game and I had a nice branching story set up for the Eventide there.
I'd volunteer to serve as gamemaster for that story and players could choose to play pure or corrupted Eventiders, all united in their quest to solve the mysteries of Singal and the Shadow while secretely struggling for control of the order and ist destiny.
If you want, we can do that. It would not even require that many players, so we could just start out with the hard core currently present.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 5:13 am

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Back to top Go down
Pravenstern
Knight
Pravenstern

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 8:31 am

Merry Christmas, Knights of Pendor!
Back to top Go down
Sir Haegon
Knight
Sir Haegon

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 6:10 am

Iskar wrote:
It would not even require that many players, so we could just start out with the hard core currently present.

You have my sword!

EDIT: When we start I will register a new account.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 8:33 am

I'm with ye.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Double post.

This forum needs a chatbox.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 2:19 am

Have you considered using skype or some similar chat interface?
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 7:33 am

This forum needs a chatbox. I already have Skype.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 6:15 am

I meant using skype for RPing, either for whole campaigns or as RP assistant.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 10:55 pm

Well I know better places than Skype. Besides, this is meant to be forum-based Razz

In any case, I wasn't talking about RPing, I was talking about having a chatbox on these forums so that we can communicate in the forums more easily.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 11:03 am

Admins please delete this thread and IP block this person.

Thanks.

Yours truly,
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptyFri May 29, 2015 9:06 pm

SAEROSSAEROSSAEROSSAEROSSAEROSSAEROSSAEROSSAEROSSAEROSSAEROSSAEROS

m8
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptySat May 30, 2015 2:04 am

Hey Marcus, what's up? How has Cez been treating you?

Someone please kill this forum bot and sell his organs to the Eventide.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptySat May 30, 2015 6:35 pm

Cez was a smoldering ruin the last I saw of it. I left Lucius to take care of that. Me, I'm getting a BEAST tan here on the beaches of Barclay. Gotta watch out for the sand snakes, though.
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 6:25 pm

Saeros wrote:
Someone please kill this forum bot and sell his organs to the Eventide.

Why do people always assume ...

... okay, we'll take the heart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just talking   Just talking - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just talking
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next