Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Radiant Cross Hospital

Go down 
+5
Atticus Eckit
spartan012
Mordred
Centurion1
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Grandmaster

Radiant Cross Hospital Empty
PostSubject: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:47 am

The building is white and simple from the outside, standing tall and proud and shiny in contrast to the city bumping of life and colours. The hospital has been closed for several months, due to repairs the officials say, but some rumour that there is something more sinister going on behind the scenes...
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:11 am

THe Harlequin returns from a long journey, his feet sore, bruised and bleeding. He is accompanied by 5 of his personal command element. He reaches the hospital sits down and places his plate boots back upon his feet.

He then goes up and more closely examines the hospital.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 1:55 pm

While the Harlequin investigates the Hospital, he notices that it is unusually empty. There are no surgeons.

You walk to the left wing of the hospital, eager to find out where the surgeons are. When you step into the room, you can only see a table with some tools on top of it. The wall under the table is bloody, but the blood is dry. You also notice a book on the table - maybe the size of a diary.
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:02 pm

The Harlequin tastes the blood. He can tell by the metallic taste its origins.

He turns to his men. 2 of you check out the exterior and see whats going on. You other two search the rest of the hospital. Sir Hugo stay with me.

The harlequin sits down to read.....
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:16 pm

You instantly see that the book is bloody, but you nevertheless begin reading it.

When you open the first day, you see a marking: 23rd of January, year 378.

"We arrived at the hospital. We took care of the few old surgeons that were left, and we have set up a base downstairs at the right wing of the house."

There were more markings with similar texts, 15th of February: "We found some odd parchments from the old Radiant Cross HQ. My task is to translate them..."

On 12th of April, the marking finally reported of the success of the work. "I have found out what those parchments mean. They seem to be research material of the Snake Cult left by the Radiant Cross!"

On some days there were only a few words written, for example 1st of May: "Some leaders of our brotherhood want to get rid of me. They think i'm a threat to them."

You notice that some pages have been torn off, leaving only the last page left to read. The page was bloody. You hold the page closely in your hand, reading it:

"We sent the letter a week ago, and yet there is no response. I just hope that what we did was not a bloody mistake, I d..."
The rest of the page is covered in blood. You close the book frustrated, but suddenly you hear footsteps. You cannot come up how many footsteps there are because of the echoing, but they were coming your way.
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:23 pm

Sir Hugo the door!

The Harlequin draws his sword and unslings his shield. Sir Hugo shoulders his crossbow. THey stand at the door waiting for the strangers to come to them.

The harlequin calls out.

Sir Racson, Sir Gerof return to me! fly as fast as you can watch yourselves there are others about.

The Harlequin waits, prepared for whatever awaits him.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:26 pm

You hear two clings of a crossbow, and two silent thumps. Sir Racson and Sir Gerof appear from the doorway, and smile.

"We better investigate what is going on here! Those men were armed with these!"

He held two great hammers, one on his each hand and his crossbow sheathed.
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:27 pm

The Harlequin goes out to investigate the bodies.

You two (he gestures at the two who just joined him) fire team wedge off of me.

Sir Hugo watch our six.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:38 pm

One of he knights gesture towards the book.

"Hey, should we take that with us?"
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:39 pm

Aye, good call.

The Harlequin grabs the book and tucks it in his rucksack.

With a gesture they move out in the assigned formation the Harlequin anxious to see the bodies of the foemen.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:42 pm

Two short, ugly, but very muscly men were lying on the floor. Both had plate armour on, and both had crossbow bolts through their necks.
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:59 pm

Are there any identifying markers?

Sir Racson, Geof conduct EPW searches.

Sir Hugo and I will cover you.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 11:24 pm

After the investigation, the knights find some valuable items, but nothing important. A few jewels, nothing more.

The men were well-armoured and armer, perhaps there is a source for this?
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 12:42 am

The Harlequin mutters an oath to himself that he cannot find anything remarkable.

"Move out to the outside of he hospital. We will re connect with the men I left outside."

The group moves out carefully watching their sectors of fire.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:36 am

When the men were moving out of the hospital, they found a passage which led down on their right side. The doorway was dark, but you could see light downstairs. It was silent downstairs, but you could hear a wind there, and a slight noise.. like pages of a book moving.
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:39 am

The Harlequin collects his two men who were waiting outside and brings them with him to create a larger diamond formation with 360 security.

He has his men ground their rucks outside of the dark passageway and has all of them pull out the torches they hold within. Two of the men light their torches and the Harlequin accompanied by is loyal men descends within.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:19 am

The knights encountered a large wooden door reinforced with iron. The door was so big and heavy that a man would crush himself if trying to open it with his body. The iron parts of the door would prevent the breaking of the door with a weapon.

You can hear the slight rap of turning pages, and a distant noise of the wind coming from outside the hospital. The wind was growing, bringing their own news from the south for those who could understand it.

The iron had strange ornaments in them. You could see something which could possibly be a tree... a bow... and a forge. They were in a triangular shape inside a circle, which seemed to be made of silver.

The silver had fainted long ago. It looked just like the iron, just a tad darker, making the door look strange with the black shade-like circles on it.
The only thing about the door which were not heavy was it's hinge, which was bronze.

Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:39 am

The door has likely been moved from somewhere else...., The harlequin mutters to himself.

He looks around and views with interest the desgins so carefully etched into the frame.

Sighing he commands his men,

"Break it down off its hinges they are soft bronze."

His men go to work.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 2:54 am

The knights use their strong hand and steel gauntlets to destroy the hinges. They bend until they break, and the door falls open inwards. When the dust had settled, Harlequin saw a room most strange.

It's shape, furniture, and decoration was most strange. It was a complete circle, with bookshelves covering the walls and one big circle-shaped window on the middle of the room. You could watch outside of it and see a growing storm appearing from the horizon. The shelves were empty, but there was a desk below the window, with a letter on it.

Quote :
Greetings, honorable commander - I hope you liked the suit. May it serve you well. I have been forced to leave from this place forever, and I cannot return. I went to the Larian woods, near those noldor. They don't like me very much. I stole their secrets, and I am spreading them - but that place is the only safe place right now. It's the big valley near the lake - I have secured the place for the continuation of my work. I hope more of you come to visit me soon, I have an ache to help you again. I wish that we will see soon,

Sincerely, your friend Rinca.
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:01 am

The Harlequin opens the desk and looks to see if there was anything else in it.

He then picks up the letter and turns to his men,

Sir Hugo, Sir Varis fly as fast as you possibly can until you reach our HQ. Bring back 50 knights with you. Go now and hurry. Have them wait outside the Hospital when they arrive.

The Harlequin looks out the window to see what kind of view it presents. He also wonders to himself, what is this suit spoken of......

The Harlequin gestures at one of his men, "soldier bring me my map from my ruck lets see what valley he thinks this is."
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:24 am

The knight brings a huge map, enough to cover the whole desk although the desk itself was huge.

"Well, commander... what do you think?"

Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:26 am

OOC: are you going to give results for this?
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:33 am

OOC: No, but there's a certain space where it's going to be in. So just come up with something in that area(around the lake, needs to be a valley)
Back to top Go down
Centurion1
Knight

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:37 am

The Harlequin mutters to himself as he views the map,

"Hmmmm, the most recognizable valley on the map is here to the south of Ethos in the juncture of the lake."

He gestures to the remainder of his men,

"We will wait here until our other men join us."

(In game should take 2-2.5 days)
OOC: I presume we will just skip ahead to when my other men join me?
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 4:01 am

OOC: Yeah, let's do that.

Early in the morning, fifty knights arrived in Ethos. Dusty and weary from the journey, they required some rest before any action is to be taken.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital Empty

Back to top Go down

Radiant Cross Hospital
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath :: Missions :: Ethos (Gauntlets)-
Jump to: