Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Radiant Cross Hospital

Go down 
+5
Atticus Eckit
spartan012
Mordred
Centurion1
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Datedsandwich
Knight
Datedsandwich

Radiant Cross Hospital - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 7:17 am

Savan whispered, just loud enough for his small team to hear. "Crossbows, take them down." He raised his own crossbow as he said the order, and fired a bolt at the nearest man.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 8:23 am

Again bolts whizzed and men died, but only two of the three this time. The third one, obviously realising the hopelessness of his situation, yelled: You will not get me that easily!, jumped onto the boat and tried to shove the chest into the water, while the boat reeled dangerously from the impact.
Back to top Go down
Datedsandwich
Knight
Datedsandwich

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 9:39 am

"Stop him! Put a bolt in him if you have to!" Savan said as he bolted into a run and sprinted for the boat. As he ran he unholstered his morningstar and got it ready for a killing blow. He was not going to lose these documents.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:42 am

Before Savan reached the man a bolt flew past him and hit the man in the chest. He fell over, dead, and splashed into the water below the boat, but the additional momentum made the boat finally tilt and the chest was about to slip into the water, too. Savan was in full run and with but some yards between himself and the boat he had only seconds to decide what to do.
Back to top Go down
Datedsandwich
Knight
Datedsandwich

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:02 am

Savan made the decision almost instantly, he wasn't about to lose these documents. Still in full run he dropped his morningstar and got his arms out to push the chest back onto the boat as he collided with it. He was also ready to jump, so that he would land on the boat instead of in the water, knowing full well that this collision was going to hurt.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:24 am

When Savan jumped onto the boat the impact reeled it to the other side, but the greater part of the chest was already over board and the impact only made it slip into the water faster. However, having reached out for the chest the moment he slammed into the boat Savan managed to get hold of one of its handles before it went down completely. The chest was way to heavy for him to pull it back aboard and so he just leaned to the other side, trying to keep the chest from sinking and the boat from tilting over at the same time.

Luckily it was not long before his men rushed to his help and dragged him and the half water-soaked chest back on solid ground. When they opened the chest they found the stolen armour and weapon within as well as the documents, but a large part of the latter had suffered from the temporal watering and the writing on them had degraded into red and black blurs.

The prisoner finally regained his breath and voice. Thank You, gentlement, for rescuing me from these brutes, he said and then turned his view to the chest with the artefacts. No! he exclaimed when he saw the ruined documents. Now we might never know their secrets...

Back to top Go down
Datedsandwich
Knight
Datedsandwich

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 3:59 am

"They weren't all damaged, we might get something from the others..." Savan said, half defeated. At least he had managed to get the stolen equipment back, but the documents were the greater prize. He turned to the prisoner, "and who might you be?" Savan asked the man, regaining his breath from the collision with the boat.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 4:29 am

Acidius Hectorius, the man said with as much dignity as he could gather in his situation. I am a scholar and before the reds kidnapped me your order asked me to translate these documents. The manner of that was so rude, however, that I actually refused any further cooperation, but seeing that you truly mean well I might reconsider and help you with what is left of the writings.
Back to top Go down
Datedsandwich
Knight
Datedsandwich

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital - Page 8 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 4:32 am

"That would be good, I think." Savan answered, looking into the chest and sighing at what was left. "I don't know who dealt with you before, most of my Order are very disciplined." Savan explained as he stood back up. Savan beckoned to some of his men. "I'll need help carrying this chest." Savan went down and grabbed one side, and waited for someone to help him lift it. "Walk and talk with me, Acidius." Savan asked, as they hopped down from the boat.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital - Page 8 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:10 am

They made their way safely back to the city. The knights that had ventured deeper into the vaults reported nothing remarkable. It was only when they were already halfway to the chapterhouse that they noticed that Pelfor was missing. Obviously he had seized the opportunity to escape when Savan and his men were fully concentrated on attacking Carelus's men and saving the chest with the artefacts. Hectorius was rather thankful for his rescue and promised to study the remaining writings.

Some days later he was finished and presented his findings to the knights. He had managed to decipher enough to explain how the hammer was to be properly used and he had come to the conclusion that the alleged curse on the armour was a one time phenomenon. An especially daring knight tried it on and in fact nothing happened. Unfortunately the other writings were illegible.

In the following week rumours spread that the Red Brotherhood had been hit quite hard and that there had been a ... reorganisation of their leading personnel. In fact a letter was found nailed to the chapterhouse gate with a dagger. It was addressed at the Ebony Gauntlet and assured the order that no further hostile actions would be undertaken by the brotherhood regarding the chapterhouse as long as their own business in the sewers and vaults remained undisturbed. The letter was signed by "Captain" Pelfor.

[Results: Magical hammer bonus applied (was it armour or ammo?). One set of armour, a shield and a morning star acquired that give the wearer +1 armour and +1 weapon quality. (Most likely of use in the arena, on player led missions or for your general in the field)]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiant Cross Hospital   Radiant Cross Hospital - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Radiant Cross Hospital
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath :: Missions :: Ethos (Gauntlets)-
Jump to: