Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Manifest Destiny (Discussion)

Go down 
+24
Isabel Tenorio
Tubby McChubbles
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
MitchyMatt
Centurion1
Saeros
DiabloDude
Pravenstern
Iskar
Sir Aranor
Wolfarmin
dowpride
Azlanek
Ser Varys
Daedr0th
Curanthir
Slopsen
SimplePlan96
Lokloklok
Knight Silaric
Kamos
Psychozoa
Mordred
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

Manifest Destiny (Discussion) Empty
PostSubject: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 am

Thread for discussion on the new War for Pendor meta-game ruleset.
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 6:09 am

WOW, a lot to read. But I will get through =)
First question: when will it start?
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 6:38 am

Already has, would appreciate opening actions by Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:18 am

Will the Non-Player factions be acting as well or is that just to much work? Razz
Obviously I suspect reactions from them but the outward expansion potential is good to know.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:21 am

They will be more or less immobile, but they can easily be turned into a fully functioning Order if I get bored... or if they get attacked.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 9:35 am

Note :

Just added "Vigilantes" as an Influence Action. This costs 2000 RPs (Soldiers only, just like Patrols) and boosts influence there by 4 a week. Once complete you can claim the Hex at "Outsider" level by building a Chapterhouse I once you have 10 Influence there.

The benefit of this, is you get the claim in 3 weeks rather than 4 with ordinary patrols.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 12:25 pm

Note :

Added +1 Influence /Week to Sheriff and Town Watch
Added +3 Influence /Week to City Watch

Prices and upkeep are unchanged.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 12:44 pm

Note :

Added garrison capacity for Towns.

Capacity
Small Town : 100
Medium Town : 200
Large Town : 400
Small City : 700
Medium City : 1000
Large City : 1500
Metropolis : 2300
Back to top Go down
Knight Silaric
Page
Knight Silaric

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 1:16 pm

At first glance, this seems like an amazingly thorough and well-planned feature to add to the role-play, and no doubt enjoyable. I have thought about the possibilities of how far the orders can go with this, and feel the need to suggest there be a mutual agreement between orders to have peace for the time being. I've not discussed this with my own order, and would like to hear their opinion as well, we might even all have the same idea in mind. My suggestion is that we take all of the empty spaces, so to speak, before making any offensive attempts at other orders' lands. This would make it so that no territory is left out before the real battles start, and more interesting, as every order will likely be built up by the time all spaces are owned, creating an intense atmosphere. This will give everyone time to get acquainted with the go about of the feature, and having everyone gain a bit of experience with it before we try attempting anything offensive, will likely help everyone out, and remove initial confusion. This is only a suggestion, and I don't expect everyone to fully agree with it.
Back to top Go down
Lokloklok
Knight
Lokloklok

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 1:55 pm

Completely agree. There's no sense in fighting over spaces when there are still spaces left.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 3:29 pm

Ah what fun is that?
Back to top Go down
SimplePlan96
Knight
SimplePlan96

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 6:13 pm

Lokloklok wrote:
Completely agree. There's no sense in fighting over spaces when there are still spaces left.

There is. The fun of playing against other orders.*looks over to eventide's territory*
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 6:20 pm

Oh, sweet, fuck, does this look complecated, and i wanted to pass school this term...
Back to top Go down
Curanthir
Grandmaster
Curanthir

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 5:12 am

Shocked This will take me a while to fully understand. When we really get going, this could be pretty fun, but right now it's a complicated mess of tables, maps and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:01 am

It may seem like a lot at first, but dont worry it is actually quite simple in concept. What makes it tougher though, is the wide range of choices made available, and this is purposefully done, I hate linear games.
Back to top Go down
Daedr0th
Squire
Daedr0th

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 2:06 pm

If a Player Character is ordered to do an action, will any benefits be considered?
Back to top Go down
SimplePlan96
Knight
SimplePlan96

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 3:04 pm

I hope they send me to "promote" the dawn in Singal Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ser Varys
Grandmaster
Ser Varys

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:26 pm

You may be sent back a rather...'different' condition than you are now.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:36 pm

A broken and mangled man. A shadow that clings to this world surviving off the fear and anguish of mortals. You will be eternity, not alive but yet not quite dead either.
The dark goddess will whisper in your ear and you will know extacy, know meaning, you will now what it means to just be right.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:38 pm

Yes, hopefully in the form of mini events and quests. That said I would like to see the Players being sent on missions where there is a real challenge involved, rather than just a routine influence raising action.

Imagine the Players as the heroes and generals of your army, with their direction you are more likely to get a better outcome... but then again they may completely screw up, that is half the fun!
Back to top Go down
Azlanek
Grandmaster
Azlanek

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:28 pm

Will Manifest Destiny progress no matter whether the mini-events are finished or not? I mean the mini-events were planned to last a certain amount of time, but already take much longer than one week. I am not sure it would benefit the Rp if months pass in Manifest Destiny while we are still trying to finish the events that only lasts a week theoretically.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 4:14 am

Yes, unless there is an absolutely massive event that encompasses all the Orders and needs to be determined before the Manifest Destiny can progress.

I am hoping that the events lend more detail to what may be routine actions in the meta-game, along with bigger risks and rewards to make up for the time. Exceptional actions in the meta-game may also generate mini events in the future, depending on their goals and scope (the Gauntlets fighting alongside the Noldor for instance, we couldn't do justice to the situation in pure strategic mechanics, it would need to be played out properly)

EDIT :

I also intend there to be a seasonal (and end of Major-Events) fund coming from the Crown to all the Orders, in order to give you a little more spending money. The distribution of this fund will be determined by hosts / gamemasters depending on how well the Order did (and how pissed off / happy they made the Crown in doing what they did).
Back to top Go down
SimplePlan96
Knight
SimplePlan96

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 8:34 am

300th post Very Happy

Then like that the Griffons will get the most seasonal fund from the crown among all the orders. As they are the kings bodyguard and never been known to piss the king off. Look at Kamos pirat
Back to top Go down
dowpride
Knight
dowpride

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:16 am

knight of the dawn, if you set one foot even near singal, we will send you back to your order minus your reproductive organs, and your hands. we may be at peace, but come here and you will break it.
Back to top Go down
SimplePlan96
Knight
SimplePlan96

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 9:22 am

I want to come to Singal to try their taverns Laughing maybe some ale? Very Happy

Eventides vs Dawn in Ale Drinking Competition. Try to down the Fierdsvain in me Very Happy

Btw, I'm not even allowed at Singal? Is that a rule for that? =,=
I could just very well come for non-Dawn actions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manifest Destiny (Discussion)   Manifest Destiny (Discussion) Empty

Back to top Go down

Manifest Destiny (Discussion)
Page 1 of 19Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next