Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room

Go down 
+5
Aldric of Marleons
Psychozoa
Laisha
Saeros
Iskar
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 8:49 am

Well met, Master de Ravon, Iskar said with a welcoming smile. We are honoured that such important figures of commerce such as yourself follow our invitation.

I am still waiting for delegations from Marleons and the local guild, for what I have in mind is reaching way farther than some single trade contracts, but we had best continue that talk indoors.

He noticed Reiner being eyed mistrustfully by the caravan guards and called out for him as he and the fat merchant went back into the Clarion Hall.

This is a very promising new recruit, he told the merchant with an explanatory gesture towards Reiner, who displays a formidable knowledge of the steppes, which should be of particular use in what I intend to suggest to you and your fellow merchants.

In the entrance hall of the large three storey, u-shaped building, that was still called the Clarion Hall although it was now the headquarters of the Silvermist, they chanced upon Lady Rebecca.

Ah, milady, Iskar said, you arrive just in time. Please take this new recruit - he pointed at Reiner - into your care for the time being. For a start, get him some agreeable equipment: Mail and cuirass, a Clarion Call tabard, you know, the green and golden ones, not the silver and green ones for the rangers, a sword, lance and bow and then meet us in the assembly room upstairs.

Expecting that his orders were followed immediately he did not wait for an answer but continued upstairs with de Ravon, who was marvelling at the great window of the entrance hall that displayed the coat of arms of the Silvermist in coloured glass.

Coat of Arms:
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:32 pm

Reiner nodded at the Constables back before turning to look at the new Ranger who he had been assigned to.

A pleasure I am sure Lady Rebbecca. My name is Alaric Reiner, but please, just call me Reiner, I like my surname more.

He glanced around at the myruad of halls and passage ways that split out from the room they were standing in.

Perhaps you should lead the way? I have no idea where the armory is kept here. I arrived not half an hour ago.
Back to top Go down
Lady Rebecca
Initiate
Lady Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 5:36 am

Rebecca quickly looked at Alaric Reiner, then said:

The pleasure is mine, Sir Reiner. Follow me, the armory is not too far from here.

The woman leaded the new recruit in the castle mazes until they finally got to the armory. The room was very big and there was a great amount of various weapons and armors laying around. The cleaning lady clearly had not done her job.

Here it is. Take what Iskar told you to take, because honestly I wasn't listening to him.

While Alaric picked up a green armor, Rebecca couldn't resist adding:

Holy Jatu I wish they could change the armor. It looks so ridiculous. How are we supposed to look cool wearing this...thing?

...Nevermind, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 7:11 am

If it will stop an arrow or crossbow bolt, it could be bright purple for all I cared. I suppose it will be some time before I am allowed to wear that though. Reiner pointed at an armor stand that had a full set of plate mail hanging off it, the Clarion Call sigil emblazoned on its chest. So who are you Lady Rebecca? You don't seem to have the air of a raw recruit.

As he was speaking Reiner rooted around the expansive room, finding a hauberk of silvered mail and a simple, but adequate cuirass of steel. Taking a long sword off the wall, he ignored the bows, preferring the Jatu recurve bow that rested in its case at his waist. With a look of trepidation a light lance joined the growing, and rather heavy, pile of equipment in the middle of the room. In a few moments, the dusty outer clothes he had been wearing were on the floor and his new hauberk and cuirass were donned over his leather jerkin, a tabard with his New Order's symbol emblazoned on his chest covering both.

I think that is everything.... He said as he picked up his new sword and lance.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:05 pm

When the Constable and Milos reached the assembly Room the Merchant poured himself a cup of wine and sat down.

"Constable, I think you will want to open that letter now. It is from a friend of mine and it is mainly addressed to you."

Spoiler:

While Iskar was reading the letter Milos continued talking.

"Just before leaving Poinsbruk I sent a messenger to my friend Jan Beour. A trader in Marleons. I told him to meet me on my way to Laria. But at the meeting point I only encountered the Messenger again with a new letter."

Milos made a long pause and sighed.

"I don't think any merchant from Marleons will come. But I could act as a middleman to the Merchants of Marleons. No city will deny me entrance if they want to make money."

A very big smile appeared on his face and he entangled his hands and rested them on his big belly.

Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:20 am

Iskar furrowed his brow in discontent first when he read the letter. For some moments he seemed lost in thought, but then his expression brightened and a devious smile appeared on his face.

Yes, Master de Ravon, that would be most convenient, but let us wait for the Larian delegation so I can lay out my suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 6:39 am

He offered de Ravon one of the high backed chairs standing in a half-circle around the fireplace and poured him and himself some light wine.

Sitting down himself he said: While we are waiting for the others to arrive, there is a small matter in which You might be able to help me. As you know we have a chapterhouse at Poinsbruk, which is also vital to the trade relation between the city and the south as well as what I will suggest to you soon. Seeing a harsh winter approaching the city is in dire need of these trade relations to ensure a sufficient food supply.

However, the Dragon is trying to force us to sell them this chapterhouse and take over as the major order of the city. We have made quite a generous offer to them, but they still refused, implicitly threatening they would take the chapterhouse one way or another and we just had the possibility to barter a good price for it. Since you are a very influential person, know most if not all important patricians of Poinsbruk and certainly have access to the ducal court, could you - not too openly - try to sway influential people in Poinsbruk to the Silvermist cause in order to built up pressure on the Dragon to accept our generous compromise?
If you succeeded in that it would certainly not be to the detriment of the amount and volume of trade deals to be concluded between You, your friends and our order, let alone that it would help greatly the plans I will tell you of as soon as the other merchants have arrived.

He took a sip of his wine and continued.

I am not asking you to buy a pig in a poke. Listen to my suggestions and tell me your decision at the end of the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 7:14 am

Milos was listening intently while Iskar was talking. His smile faded slowly and in the end he pressed his lips together.

"I will have to think very hard about this ... Offer? It was never my intent to be put between two military orders. War is never good for our trade. Give me time and I will see how I can help you."

Milos took another sip of his wine when he heard a knocking on the door.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roffney Igelby knocked 3 times before entering the room. He quickly looked to check what was going on and then faced Iskar.

"Greetings to you Constable. I hope the meeting hasn't begun yet." He bowed a little and then faced Milos.

"Greetings to you as well. I saw a lot of Goods and wagons in the yard. Do I assume correctly that they belong to you?
My name is Roffney Igelby, member of the Larian Merchant Guild."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milos put his wine away and stood up when the old man entered.

"Greetings as well to you. My name is Milos de Ravon I am a member of Merchant Guild of Poinsbruk. And the meeting hasn't started yet, we were talking about Poinsbruk and how beautiful it is during this time of the Year."
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 7:53 am

Master Igelby, I am pleased to see you again. I hope you have been making good profit from our latest contract with Quigfen? Please do take a seat and help yourself to some of this wine if it is to your liking. I selected an especially light vintage so as to not impede the flow of thought.

Very well, he continued, since the emissaries from Marleons were not able to come due to recent events, we should start.
Gentlemen, I have a far reaching offer for you. We managed to convince the Noldor to commence direct trade with those Pendorian merchants the order of the Silvermist deems sufficiently supportive of friendly relations to the Noldor. They will bring all their surplus products to our embassy in the forests and will exchange them for money or resources and raw materials - especially the latter, since that is what they lack most in their remote fortress sanctuary. Direct access to Noldor goods and opportunities to sell raw materials at good prices, that is the first point of what I offer.
In exchange we would basically demand only what we demanded of the Larian guild for better deals with Quigfen: Spreading general support of our vision of peaceful coexistence among your partners and clients to an appropriate extent - we will not ask you to make your deals dependent of what the other side thinks about the Noldor of course. All in all an increased supply with Noldor goods will increase acceptance of them among the population by itself. Note, furthermore, that the steadier you supply the Noldor with raw materials the steadier they will be able to produce surplus goods.
The Larian merchants have already profited from our previous deals greatly, I believe, and I think that with the increased supply provided now we should involve more than one guild into this. In order to do this all as effectively as possible and since Marleons, Poinsbruk and Laria have a new common area of interest in the newly colonised steppes between these cities, we would encourage the foundation of a trade company, comprised of the guilds of these three cities with the possibility for other guilds to join when they meet your terms. With Laria administering the flow of Noldor goods, Marleons with its trade port and connections to the west and south and Poinsbruk acting as a gate to the north I think that this trade company would work to your all benefit and profit. The steppe settlements are still developing and there are plenty of opportunities due to the high demand in trade goods. We would also favour members of the company in deals regarding our spice plantations, salinae, sawmills and mines.
In order to ensure security of the caravans and travelling merchants we have built a castle at the junction of the trade routes from Laria and Marleons to Poinsbruk, including a large inn with stables and storehouses that will be available for free to the members of the trade company. We would furthermore detach 100 spearmen as caravan guards for each city joining the company, that is 300 at start. These men would be fully under your command while we pay their wages and supply.
There is only one little thing we would demand in addition to the general support of our vision: Considering the food supply in the steppes there must be no speculations on the prices of staple food, such as dried meat, smoked fish, bread and grain.

He sat back, took another sip of his wine and gave the two merchants some time to think about the offer.
Back to top Go down
Lady Rebecca
Initiate
Lady Rebecca

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 2:20 pm

Rebecca looked at Alaric, who had just chosen his brand new equipment.

A lance, huh? Good, I guess. What do you want to do, now? Would you want to go back to the Assembly Room, or are you too eager to try your new weapons in our training grounds?
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 4:47 pm

Reiner hefted the lance in one hand, giving it a very loathing look.

I'm more likely to hurt myself than anything else using this thing. The Jat- er, my teachers, decided not to bother after I launched myself from my horse during a lesson. Our orders were to return to the Lord Constable in any case. Reiner chuckled lightly for a moment. I have a feeling you will get to beat on me with a sword in the training yards soon enough. In any case, we should probably head back to the assembly hall now, I wouldn't want to get a reputation for disobeying orders on my first day in the order! get the feeling that something important is going on now anyways.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 3:11 am

A long pause followed the proposal of Iskar. Milos took a sip of his wine and was still thinking when Roffney answered.

"You suggest much Constable. And I think you are not surprised that we want to know more about your offer. What would this Company you speak of include.
Will the Silvermists be a part of it? Are the Merchant guilds free to act as we please or do the Silvermists want to be a part of the decision making?
I have an idea of what you want to accomplish with this. With all the benefits you mention I am very inclined to accept your offer. But right now I can only assure you that we can stop speculating on the price of food for the steppes."
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:24 am

Iskar put his glass aside.

I must admit that I had considered making permanent Silvermist emissaries in Your guild councils a condition, but we have made a great deal of money from trade ourselves and I realise that it flows most smoothly when unhindered. The East Pendor Trade Company as I like to call this idea would be independent of us in its deals, contracts and organisation. I would only ask that representatives of the guilds in the company and me or an authorised representative of my order meet regularly, say twice each year to discuss farther reaching issues and plans, however, without any veto powers. I would just deem it useful to somewhat coordinate our actions on the grand scale, such that each of us at least roughly knows what the other side is planning in the future, so that constructive criticism or offers for support can be exchanged.

Let me exemplify it, so as to make clearer what I mean: Say one of your merchants is about to strike a big deal with the Ebony Gauntlet, perhaps even about weapon shipments. In that case we would welcome being notified of it such that we might make a - likely even more profitable - counter-offer to the merchant. On the other hand imagine your shipments are being harassed by a particularly quarrelsome band of rogue knights that you can not or only with difficulties fight off with your caravan guards. You could notify us of the problem such that we might take actions. Or we might be considering a trade deal of ourselves, in which case we would first consult you, both regarding helpful counsel such that we might not be tricked by possibly deceitful trading partners, but also to ensure that our particular trade deal is not detrimental to the company's interests.
You see, I merely want to achieve a generally benevolent relation between the company and our order, while I think that the company will even be profitable by itself, considering the advantages you can draw from organised cooperation between your three guilds.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:13 am

Now Milos was the one talking directly after Iskar was finished.

"I have listened closely and just as my friend here." Milos was raising a hand towards Roffney. "I am very inclined to accept you proposal right away. But on the other hand this seems to good to be true. You give us 300 of your Soldiers, free trade with the Noldor and you even grant us free stay in your castles along the trade route. And all you ask of us in return is that we spread acceptance of the Noldor and favour you in our trades."

Milos was faking a big smile at Iskar and then continued.

"If this happens as you say, you have my acceptance in this. The hard will be convincing the other members of the guild and then setting up a contract as to who has the power in this Company."
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:54 am

Too good to be true, eh? Iskar smiled. I can assure you that we have no hidden motivations in this. As I said we have made a great deal of money from trade ourselves and we know that trade is essential to the general welfare of the population. Since it is our primary goal to develop the colonised steppes into a prosperous - and Noldor friendly - part of Pendor, we would passively draw enough advantages from flourishing trade in the region to make up for the expenses. You see, usually when you invest money you expect a certain interest rate and the endeavour to make you richer in the end. Our order, however, is not a solely mercantile organisation but one that covers politics and military as well. In a slightly metaphorical way you could see this is a monetary investment for us that by itself pays off politically by helping the development of the steppes.

As for the distribution of power within the company I would leave that to your decision entirely, but I would suggest the guild councils to remain the major institutions with a Great Council comprised of authorised delegates from all guilds to decide matters concerning more than one guild. A general set of rules for trade deals between guild members would suffice to deal with day-to-day issues, I should think. Presidency of the Great Council could be rotational, each guild head holding the office for a year, then passing it on.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:49 am

"The finetuning will be done in multiple meetings with the the other Guilds I guess." Said Milos and put on a big happy smile.

"As I said you have my acceptance on this matter. As soon as I return I will talk with my peers. Believe me, if they smell more money for them they will say yes."

Milos quickly poured himself more wine and laughed out loud.

"And you mentioned that big Castle of yours. Is there a possibility to hold the meetings there. That would give us time to inspect the Farms and Plantations and as well the Castle itself."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roffney didn't wait for Iskar to answer.

"I myself am capable of talking for the whole Guild of Laria. And we are happy to deepen the trading with the Noldor and as well with the Silvermists. The hard part will come now when dealing with the Guild of Poinsbruk or Marleons."

He eyed Milos with a severe look.

Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 7:46 am

Being the merchants you are I am sure you will try to ruin each other and still everyone will be richer after the bargain, Iskar japed with a smile.

You are free to use our castle at Wayrest for this, but there is another matter: Will the Marleons guild be able to join unhindered by Aelfwine?
If that is not the case I have some kind of ruse to offer.

His eyes gleamed deviously. He obviously enjoyed this.

We can stage some kind of éclat, making it look like I seriously offended both you and your guilds at this very meeting. Then you could announce the founding of the East Pendor Trade Company as the seeming reaction to this, officially to defend your interests against the evil and mischievous order of the Silvermist. Aelfwine would jump at this, he might even encourage the Marleons guild to join. I would send the 300 spearmen to some remote place in the steppes where they can receive differently coloured tabards with some symbol of the EPTC on it. You could say you hired additional men to protect your caravans from possible retaliations from our side.

I would send appropriate letters to my allies and the Noldor, so the actual trade will not be hindered. As soon as the Marleons crisis is over we can blow the cover and continue with open trade relations unhindered.

However, if you think that this plan would attract too much attention in general you could simply found the company under the pretext of defending your guilds' interests, especially in the current insecure situation, and hire the additional caravan guards to be less dependent on the protection of the military orders, whose reputation has been questioned recently.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 6:20 am

Milos, still standing was the first to answer to the plan.

"You are quite cunning Constable, I have to tell you that. But I think it is unwise to taint the reputation of the Silvermists. Our other task regarding Poinsbruk would be unwinable like this.
I think when we start to cooperate they will have no other choice to join or loose money. And If they don't want we can fake an invitation to the Guild of Avendor."

Milos emptied his cup and sat back down eyeing both Iskar and Roffney and waitng for their opinion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I second this." Roffney said quickly.

"Somehow the merchants of Marleons will overpower the Duke. To much man money can be made selling Noldor goods to ignore it."

Having said this he fell silent for a second and then looked at the Constable.

"I just have to ask. What is this task at Poinsbruk about?"
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 6:50 am

Before Iskar could answer a ranger entered and silently handed Iskar a sealed letter.

Just a moment, gentlemen, Iskar said upon seeing the seal was duke Aldemar's. He quickly broke it and read the letter.

Well, as it seems, matters have just changed a bit regarding Poinsbruk, he then said, and noticing the enquiring look on the merchants' faces he explained:

The dragons were granted the privilege to bring Dragontooth to the north. They chose Poinsbruk for its placement but tried to use this situation to throw us out of the city. This - he waved the parchment in his hand - is a letter from the duke telling me that this attempt has been averted, but at the cost that the Dragons will have a permanent presence at Poinsbruk. I actually asked Master de Ravon to subtly build up pressure on the Dragon to accept our previous compromise.
Well, that is no longer necessary, but let me give you a glimpse on the Dragon's stance on merchants, property and trade.

He got up and snatched a letter from the great oaken table on the other side of the room. It bore the broken seal of the Dragon and Sir Mastifus's signature. He handed it to them to read.

Letter from Mastifus:

You see, the Dragon clearly does not understand that military and mercantile issues are equally important for the well-being of a city. I have no doubts that the Dragon, were they in full charge of the city, would sufficiently arm the people of Poinsbruk, but I do not think they would consider the needs of the trade when levying troops and in the end their men would die well armed and armoured, but die all the way - cut down by hunger and frost without any barbarian having to lift a finger for it.
As you can also derive from the letter they have no respect for personal property in furthering their own interests. The chapterhouse Mastifus is talking about has been built and paid for by us, it is our rightful property, and still he talks about it as if he could simply take it from us.

He fully turned to Milos.

Master de Ravon, in light of this I hope I can count on the subtle support of the merchants of Poinsbruk? In accordance with his grace I wish to prevent an open confrontation, but the Dragons are less scrupulous in that regard and our chances will be best if we work together.

He smiled deviously again.

You know, since the Dragon is bound to stay in the city now and needs to equip and maintain their troops and a new chapterhouse they are pretty much at your mercy regarding the prices they have to pay...

In light of this, he added, I would advocate simply announcing the founding of the company as a reaction to rising insecurities without openly revealing our involvement in this. Of course your fellow merchants would need to be informed, but I trust they are quite good at keeping secrets.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 9:02 am

Roffney laughed out loud at the last comment of the Constable.

"I think keeping secrets is very hard these times. When even a military order can't keep an important meeting secret I don't think that some mere traders can.
These things have to stay with as few people as possible. As we are not directly involved in the Poinsbruk affair, I will of course keep it as a personal secret as long as these things keep themselves away from our affairs."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milos was nodding all the time Roffney was talking. He clearly agreed to him.

"Wiser words have never been spoken. This meeting will only be communicated between the highest ranking merchants of the Guild. We will support the Silvermists in Poinsbruk as good as we can."

Milos quickly read through the letter again.

"I find it quite disturbing how Sir Mastifus is talking about Ravenstern as a Nation. I have no experiences in Politics. But this letter is suggesting open war if the terms are not met."

He gave the letter back to the Constable. And cleared his throat quite loudly.

"These are dire times indeed. And I don't think we have to invent the reason to protect our property."
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:07 am

Excellent, Iskar smiled. I am glad the guilds are led by such sensible men as you. I will immediately send word to Wayrest that you and your fellow merchants are to be granted all possible comforts. You can use the great hall for your meetings or one of the smaller rooms for better secrecy. If you do not want to hint at any direct relations with us openly yet you can also use the backroom of the Hammer and Purse Inn below the castle.

He accompanied the men to the main entrance of the Clarion Hall and bade farewell to Igelby. Then his gaze caught de Ravon's wagons again.

If you want to start trading with the Noldor immediately, Master de Ravon, he said, I can give you an escort of 20 Rangers to the embassy at Elacrai.
Back to top Go down
Psychozoa
Knight
Psychozoa

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 7:25 am

"That would be most welcome Constable. Many of my men haven't seen a Noldor in their lives, even I haven't had the pleasure myself. We gladly take your escort as well."

Milos bowed deeply and then went off into the yard to shout orders at his men and inspect the goods he brought with him.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 8:11 am

Timeline-Note: The Poinsbruk Market Talk is a direct consequence of the above conversation.

After the merchant had departed with his entourage and an escort of 20 rangers Iskar went back into the Clarion Hall, but directed his steps down into the vaults instead of back up to his office. The guards saluted as he passed them. Those guarding the access to the treasury vaults tried to stop him, but sprang to attention once they recognised him in the dim light of the flickering torches. He went on, ignoring the main vault with its overflowing chests of golden denars and entered a smaller room filled with jewellery, artefacts and valuable curios amassed by the rangers in their long years of administring mercantile and diplomatic relations with the Noldor.

'We should have catalogued all this much earlier', he thought, when he started to search through the contents of the vault in search of a particularly noticeable piece.

[OOC-Note: I would require Mordred or another GM to rule what kind of artefacts we actually have in our vault, since this matter transcends this particular event.]

Last edited by Iskar on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 11:59 am

While Iskar was looking for his artifact, the pair of guards outside had another visitor on their hands, the newest member of the Silvermist Order.

You can't go in there Ranger, this area is off limits to many for good reason.

Reiner gave them a questioning look before answering. Why not? What's in there? Besides, I'm to report to the Lord Constable, an order is an order isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 10:02 am

Iskar heard the commotion at the other end of the corridor and paused his search to see what was going on.
It turned out the two halberdiers at the entrance to the vault were keeping Alaric from entering and were arguing with him.

... an order is an order, isnt it? the new ranger just said

Indeed it is, Iskar answered in the guard's stead, and that's what these men here are following.

He turned to the halberdiers: It's fine, you can let him through.

The guards nodded respectfully and uncrossed their halberds to allow Alaric through.

Come along, Iskar told him, while you're here you can also just help me getting some order into the artefact vault. I have the impression its contents have not been subject to a proper stocktaking for years...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room   Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Main IC-Scene: The Officers' Assembly Room
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next