Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just talking - archived

Go down 
+28
Tubby McChubbles
Psychozoa
Ser Varys
Sir Haegon
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Slopsen
Sir Laralthir
Lokloklok
Fidelity
Zero of Laria
Mordred
Daedr0th
MitchyMatt
MordKaiser87
mp84
Wolfarmin
Centurion1
Saeros
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Iskar
Kamos
SimplePlan96
Aldric of Marleons
Pravenstern
Curanthir
Azlanek
DiabloDude
Sir Aranor
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

Just talking - archived - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:48 am

Redoran forever! Who needs gold or magic when you got a frakking VOLCANO on your backyard? Not to say that it spits lava and a horrible infectious and maddening disease right behind your window.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 11:32 am

Hlaalu all the way! Glory to the Empire!

My character in Morrowind is the most Imperialised Dunmer you will ever meet. Head of the Legion, Imperial Cult, East Empire Company, House Hlaalu and a member of the Blades. A true traitor to his people if ever there was one! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 12:03 pm

Sir Celdiur Moriendor wrote:
Hlaalu all the way! Glory to the Empire!

My character in Morrowind is the most Imperialised Dunmer you will ever meet. Head of the Legion, Imperial Cult, East Empire Company, House Hlaalu and a member of the Blades. A true traitor to his people if ever there was one! Smile

My Redoran Hortator will dismember you!
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 12:39 pm

My character will rob you blind, liquidate your assets, build a mining colony on top of Ald Ruhn, denounce you as a heretic and then send in the Legion! Hah! Smile
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 9:58 pm

Smiles silently and starts sowing mushroom seeds in the streets of Balmora...
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:33 pm

Sir Celdiur Moriendor wrote:
On the topic of Morrowind, heres a question that bugged me for a long, long time. And im sure has bugged many others.

What. The. F***. Is humourous about the line "Seen any elves?"

Damn Nords have drove me to the point of insanity with that one several times!

It's a Nord joke in reference to the fact they annihilated the Falmer I think.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:52 pm

Iskar wrote:

Grunts while helping workers back giant emperor crab shells to construct a new Redoran settlement on the ruins of Sadrith Mora.

Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:03 pm

Sir Aranor wrote:
Iskar wrote:

Grunts while helping workers back giant emperor crab shells to construct a new Redoran settlement on the ruins of Sadrith Mora.

Chuckles whilst feasting upon roast guar inside Castle Hlaalu, formerly Redoran Council Manor, and converting the Temple into either an Imperial Cult shrine or a Legion Barracks

.....woah wait I get that steaming pile of ash and cliff racer shit?? Aw f*** you guys!
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 12:58 am

Ive always wondered, do other countries pay much attention to the Australian prime minister, enough to have an opinoin on them? Personally i find Julia Glillard to be an idiotic leader with the personality of a brick, do many other countries suffer under such people representing them to the world?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 1:06 am

France, Russia, almost all middle eastern countries including Afghanistan, Iran and Pakistan, China, formerly Italy (Berlusconi), Greece, ...
Back to top Go down
Laisha
Knight
Laisha

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:52 am

I just wouldn't lump in Middle Eastern dictators (and Putin...and I forgot China's president) in with idiotic leaders. Mostly because those people are actually dangerous, whether to their own people or other nations. To call them idiots is both an understatement and inappropriate compared to what they do in their countries, whether it's stealing elections (Putin) or brutally massacring children (Syria's Assad).

Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 4:57 am

Westminster = David Cameron

Holyrood = Alex Salmond

1 tax raising, public service cutting moron and 1 clueless nationalistic twat.

You can add Great Britain to that list of yours Iskar.
Back to top Go down
Kamos
Grandmaster
Kamos

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 7:35 am

DrSane wrote:
Ive always wondered, do other countries pay much attention to the Australian prime minister, enough to have an opinoin on them? Personally i find Julia Glillard to be an idiotic leader with the personality of a brick, do many other countries suffer under such people representing them to the world?

No one I know could even tell you the name of the Aussie PM. Some might not know that Australia has a PM.
Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:17 am

Kamos wrote:
DrSane wrote:

No one I know could even tell you the name of the Aussie PM. Some might not know that Australia has a PM.

*GASP*

Aus... Australia's real? Jk Sane.

And Iskar. When you say France do you mean Sarkozy or Hollande? I havn't really had a chance to pay attention to Hollande.
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 8:50 am

In fact I was talking about Hollande, since he has been completely ignoring the necessity to cut on expenses and supported the same expense-intensive policy that has brought us to the brink of doom (financially).
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 10:11 am

I dunno about Hollande, jury is still out on him. I completely agree that cut backs are the way forward, but it is an interesting counter point to have a national leader who believes the opposite, so that the rest of us have some kind of comparison available to us as to the success / failure of this policy. Bear in mind that the USA got itself out of the Great Depression through public works, and I think all nations could benefit from this policy, and it is one I think that Hollande is keen to pursue. Different circumstances behind this recession I realise, but again to have a counter view would be interesting if only to help other leaders determine if this is a viable option.

Agreed on Scotland, Salmond is an idiot but I quite like Mr. Cameron in Westminster. Not least because of this picture of his celebration when Chelsea beat Bayern Munich;

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 11:47 am

Iskar, you are french?
Back to top Go down
Iskar
Peasant turned Lord
Iskar

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Nope, moi, je suis allemand Wink But since we are closely tied to France their politics is of great interest to us and often discussed in the (non-boulevard) newspapers.

Good point there Mordred, although I might say that the Great Depression was not mainly caused by decades of uncontrolled spending as seems to be the case now.
Back to top Go down
Mordred
Dragon of the North
Mordred

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 1:15 am

Hence I said I realise it was a different scenario Wink All the same, Roosevelt's targeted spending did wonders for the US economy, as it was entirely based on getting people jobs. Those jobs then provide economic growth and money is returned to the tax coffers, thereby removing the burden on the government over time. These are not hand outs, they are hard work for a decent wage. The 1930's are when most highways in the USA were built, among other things.

For this to work however, this money really has to be targeted only at growth programs and these do NOT include benefits or handouts, those should be cut to an absolute minimum; the biggest error of the useless Labour government in the UK (no im not biased... well maybe just a little!) was making the benefit system worth more than the minimum wage... in which case what was the point in working?
Back to top Go down
http://zatobo.com/
Sir Celdiur Moriendor
Knight
Sir Celdiur Moriendor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 2:45 am

Mordred wrote:
I dunno about Hollande, jury is still out on him. I completely agree that cut backs are the way forward, but it is an interesting counter point to have a national leader who believes the opposite, so that the rest of us have some kind of comparison available to us as to the success / failure of this policy. Bear in mind that the USA got itself out of the Great Depression through public works, and I think all nations could benefit from this policy, and it is one I think that Hollande is keen to pursue. Different circumstances behind this recession I realise, but again to have a counter view would be interesting if only to help other leaders determine if this is a viable option.

Agreed on Scotland, Salmond is an idiot but I quite like Mr. Cameron in Westminster. Not least because of this picture of his celebration when Chelsea beat Bayern Munich;

Spoiler:

My celebration almost had me jumping on the bartop... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:51 am

Quote :
Ive always wondered, do other countries pay much attention to the Australian prime minister

One of the very few things I'm proud of in my country's educational system is that history classes have to teach history of nearly all countries in world, which is something not even Europe has. Exceptions are only most of central Africa, Central Asia, Central America, and... NZ and Australia. So, nope, not here.

On the other hand, I do have a lot of respect for the Island, and this made it even higher:

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/australia.html

Tell me if it's true, please.
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:15 pm

OMG THEY LEFT OUT SO MUCH

Blue ring octopus are so small and well camoflagued there is no way for you to avoid them, also you cant feel there sting.

They also left out the "ghost gum" this tree will randomly and spontaneously drop its 5 metre long branches, killing anyone below.

The kangaroos, also are incredibly dangerous, it can disembowel a human with its inch long claws on its legs, or it can simply grab you and crush you to death with its arms - its favourite trick is to lead predators to a lake, then grab them and drown them in it.

there are more than 20 venomous snakes that live all over the country, and with so many rats they love to live in your attic or basement.

the black widow spider also lives here, we call them red backs. There are 3 dangerously venemous spiders in the world, 2 of them live here.

bull-ants the largest ants on the planet can see for a metre (unheard of in ants) and will actively hunt you down if you so much as step into there vision, there bite is excruciating, take it from me.

tasmanian devils, are the size of puppies, yet are the apex predator of tasmania. Let me describe there eating habits, they will arrive on there carcass, eat, and keep eating untill they have doubled in size, then just fall asleep where they stand to digest the meat. Also, how they raise there young, the mother only has 2 milk bearing teats, she gives birth to litters of 8. From the moment they are born they fight.

everything else they said is right, theres alot more, but I cant remember all of it...

Back to top Go down
Sir Aranor
Grandmaster
Sir Aranor

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Two words...

Camel Spider.
Back to top Go down
Saeros
Voice of the Nobility
Saeros

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:14 pm

Quote :
The kangaroos, also are incredibly dangerous, it can disembowel a human with its inch long claws on its legs,

Did someone else thought "velociraptor" here?

I wonder if you take survival classes in school. I mean it seriously. How do parents manage to not get their children killed in this place? And me thinking that the Amazon jungle and Palestine were the most dangerous places to raise a child...
Back to top Go down
Slopsen
Knight
Slopsen

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:32 pm

Camel spiders only hurt if they bite you, any way there adorable.

Kangaroos will bounce away most of the time, but they kill ALOT of dogs who just chase, ever come here, dont bring ur dog to the outback

Nah we dont take any lessons, the first lesson i learnt was when i was 5 and kicked a snake and relised it wasnt dead, it was quite pissed off. Second lesson was walking down my uncles farm and happened to look down and saw a brown snake slithering along right next to me, happy as can be, i learned from last time, and leapt 20 feet in the air and bolted up the hill, it couldnt care less, it kept slithering along. Going on camp is always great, cause all the overseas students shit themselves when they see a spider, or when they have accidentally layed there tent on a bull ant nest. My favourite moment of camp was when we were camping on top of a bare mountain when a thunderstorm rolled over head, we had to put all the metal away from the camp, and in case of lightning strikes, everyone was instructed to run outside and lie down on the plastic tarp - (we dont get real tents for camp, actually just big sheets of plastic we tie to trees, also the toilet was called the "bomby" - dont ask).

I'm sort of half country, half city, spend most of my holidays at my uncles farm, thats were most of the nasty stuff is, sadly a lot of Australians are just bland copies of Americans.

Its strange that my biggest source of national pride is how fucking dangerous the place is. Well, that and Vegemite (although some might call that dangerous too).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just talking - archived   Just talking - archived - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just talking - archived
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next