Prophesy of Pendor : Aftermath
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RPG detailing the aftermath of the events of PoP3 and the events before PoP4

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

General OOC

Go down 
+12
Slopsen
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Sir Arceon
Sir Nickolas
Psychozoa
Marcus the Shadow Fighter
Sir Haegon
Tonedyr
Sir Aranor
Mesor
Alaric Reiner
Iskar
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

General OOC - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:13 pm

Aww.... no fun... Crying or Very sad

I hope this progresses soon, I enjoy this type of combat.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:21 pm

Must.. Not...

Quote :
I'm not arguing I'm just running the odds in my head, 3 archers firing a shot each as quickly as they can, odds are 1 at least is going to land a hit so it all depends on where it lands to if you make the cover or not Smile.

Don't you think that firing shots as quickly as possible will hurt their accurity quite a bit? Hitting running target from fair distance is hard is it is, and when you rush it, it becomes even more harder. Yes i know they are good archers, but they are not silvermists, or noldor. And i still have my doubts they can fire before Olaf reaches cover.

Here arguing once more, yes i am impossible Sad
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:23 pm

Well doing the numbers in my head almost every single action has less then 50% chance of success.

Which puts things in mesors favor given that one of his actions gets three rolls and both enemy attacks are aiming for the knight who even if they hit has a 50% chance it will only hit the shield.

This next turn should be bloody I hope Smile.

I'm not entirely sure which side to take lol, the sheriff is the kinda no good dirty criminal I could use, Mesor is the kind of loyal moronic tanker who will charge right in for whoever he serves.

Both have their uses.

Going by the numbers it comes out like this, 40% chance of archers hitting, 40% chance of Olaf evading, 20% chance of them being unable to fire in time.

So you have a 60% chance of avoiding being hit and a 40% chance of being hit.
With those odds and 3 shots it's a fair bet that 1 at least is going to hit you but those are still good odds given that to drop you with 1 shot he'd need to roll between 91-100.
Or at least thats how I worked it out including negatives, have to see if Iskar had any that I didn't think of to change the odds.

So you have a fair chance of surviving this turn at least.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:26 pm

In my head it 50/50 if they can fire quickly. 30/70 if they can fire slowly.

And while firing quickly each has ~20 chance to hit. If slowly it about 40-50%. But those are for sure for GM to decide.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:31 pm

Except firing fast or slow?

Thats complete crap, they aim they fire thats it no bonus or negative involved in the speed.
Negative for not having much time for the shot yes but thats all.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:33 pm

Thats enough discussion Smile.

I do agree it'd be a negative for not having much time but it'd only be -10 like all the other negative modifiers but thats for Iskar to decide.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:36 pm

What i mean is that they first need to focus on target(since they were dismounting and lost their focus, don't know how to say it in any other way, hence my not-so-perfect english) imo if you gave them another second to target it would drasticaly increase chances to hit, but it also gives Olaf more time.

But i think you already said that they fire as fast as possible, so it doesn't matter much.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:36 pm

And don't start editing your post mesor.

Just leave it as is and cross your fingers.
Back to top Go down
Mesor
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:38 pm

I didn't specify speed at all, no need they will aim and fire as quickly as they can by default, they can push it to go faster maybe to drop your chances of evading but it increases the odds of missing so the over all odds stay about the same.

I edited it once earlier to remove the bottom instruction to my knight and just tacked it onto the original one for him rather then splitting his order into two pieces.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:41 pm

That is all he did, I keep a copy of the orders until the turn is carried out just incase out of habbit from cheating people on an RTD forum.

Patrick I outrank you so shut up and wait for Iskar or I'll have you doing push ups on your day off.
Zekic your not in the military I don't think, so I out rank you by virtue of having an assault rifle, so you shush as well Smile.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:43 pm

Sadly for you i am crafted my bows and was shoting with them in childhood(which wasn't that long ago) and considering these are more medieval forums my bow beats your assault rifle xD
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:47 pm

Pretty sure my reinforced kevlar armor beats your arrow, I think though I can't say I've ever been shot at with a bow but it does a good job of blocking bullets Smile.
Or if that fails, I have a grenade launcher.......
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:52 pm

I'd bet an arbalest could punch through kevlar.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:54 pm

Fair point, though the fact that my gun has about 10x the range of your arbalest and fires full auto does tend to give me an advantage don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:58 pm

Probably, though I'd think as a soldier accuracy would be more important than filling the air with an obscene amount of lead.

Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:59 pm

It is, but doesn't mean I can't just very accurately shoot you in the face until I run out of ammo.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:01 pm

I dislike the route of discussion this is taking.
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:02 pm

No offense intended Smile just trained to aim for the head whenever possible for maximum stopping power.
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:03 pm

Really. As opposed to center of mass which is a larger target?
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:07 pm

Hence the whenever possible.
Stationary or slow moving targets head shot is the best option if your confident you can make the shot given that most soldiers these days have body armor so you need multiple shots aiming center mass and only one for the head and since helmets don't cover the face.
It's the best option for pure stopping power.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:12 pm

Brood unless you can creat assualt rifle from any materials found in nature, your skills with it are irrelevant ;D
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:14 pm

I don't need to create one in nature Smile I already have. Or two. Or three.
Plus a shotgun and 3 hand guns.
Back to top Go down
Zekic Thunion of Laria
Knight
Zekic Thunion of Laria

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:16 pm

So what you have them? we are in pendor, what you have in real life doesn't matter ;P Tough we both probably would get quickly destroyed by bandit with his crossbow ;D
Back to top Go down
Alaric Reiner
Knight
Alaric Reiner

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:19 pm

Just use brood as a meat shield. Hold him in front of you as you run. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brood
Knight

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:22 pm

Hell no.

If it comes to that I excersize my right to stab you in the leg then run while he's finishing you off Razz.
After all I don't need to be faster then the enemy I only need to be faster then the guy behind me.

I've got 2 L85A2 one of which is custom designed for left hand use.1 L129A1.
An L128A1 combat shotgun.
2 L105A2 SIGS and a Glock.

Perk of being in the army Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General OOC   General OOC - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

General OOC
Page 16 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 27 ... 38  Next